UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Street Fighter x Tekken

Thats the starting Tekken Line-up???

How do you begin without at least Kazuya, Heihachi, or Jin? It sounds like they are trying to kill the series before it begins by picking characters like Lili and Steve Fox? I think DST screwed the pooch on those Tekken choices, they need to start drug testing!!

It might just be careful planning.

Like how the Ghostbusters box sets where always “Two Ghostbusters, Two other characters” (unless it was a stand alone 4 pack the the GB2 uniforms, or 3 Ghost sets) so both sets have headliners to carry the lesser characters this wave is all SF heavy hitters (except for Poison) you could put Ken, Cammy, Guile, Sagat, and Zangief in a box with 70 angry bees and even casual SF fans would probably pick it up.

I bet wave 2 is all Tekken headliners paired with “WTF!” Street Fighter choices (Rufus, Abel, Ju.... you know what let’s just make this list short: “anyone not in SF2”)

I also just realized we’re probably not getting everyone since I’ve only seen the cast divided by teams until Pawcanada’s last post... FIFTY characters?! that’s 9 waves (well 8 and some change) without DLC it’s 7 (6 and some spares) seeing as how Ghostbusters didn’t even get 7 waves and was at one point out selling Marvel and the game will be 4 months old before wave 1 even hits I don’t think SFxT is going to make it to the VERY end.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats the starting Tekken Line-up???

How do you begin without at least Kazuya, Heihachi, or Jin? It sounds like they are trying to kill the series before it begins by picking characters like Lili and Steve Fox? I think DST screwed the pooch on those Tekken choices, they need to start drug testing!!

It might just be careful planning.

Like how the Ghostbusters box sets where always “Two Ghostbusters, Two other characters” (unless it was a stand alone 4 pack the the GB2 uniforms, or 3 Ghost sets) so both sets have headliners to carry the lesser characters this wave is all SF heavy hitters (except for Poison) you could put Ken, Cammy, Guile, Sagat, and Zangief in a box with 70 angry bees and even casual SF fans would probably pick it up.

I bet wave 2 is all Tekken headliners paired with “WTF!” Street Fighter choices (Rufus, Abel, Ju.... you know what let’s just make this list short: “anyone not in SF2”)

I also just realized we’re probably not getting everyone since I’ve only seen the cast divided by teams until Pawcanada’s last post... FIFTY characters?! that’s 9 waves (well 8 and some change) without DLC it’s 7 (6 and some spares) seeing as how Ghostbusters didn’t even get 7 waves and was at one point out selling Marvel and the game will be 4 months old before wave 1 even hits I don’t think SFxT is going to make it to the VERY end.

50 characters is a lot. BUT if you count the specialty and TRU assortments as one shared wave, we'll have 36 characters by the end of wave 3. I can't imagine we'll do less than that. And I'm not a huge Tekken fan, but this wave still has some A-listers in it. King? Nina? The fact that I know who they are tells me they're pretty famous. Combined with the SF characters, most of whom are A-list, it's a strong assortment. Wave 2 will have plenty of big Tekken dudes, but also some big SF names.

50 characters is a lot. BUT if you count the specialty and TRU assortments as one shared wave, we'll have 36 characters by the end of wave 3. I can't imagine we'll do less than that. And I'm not a huge Tekken fan, but this wave still has some A-listers in it. King? Nina? The fact that I know who they are tells me they're pretty famous. Combined with the SF characters, most of whom are A-list, it's a strong assortment. Wave 2 will have plenty of big Tekken dudes, but also some big SF names.

OH CRAP! You’re right Zach I just realized I did my math wrong I was counting each PACK as one character (I thought ‘2 shared, 4 exclusives’ equaled 6 in my head forgetting to multiple by two!) That’s Four Waves and a Previews Exclusive 2-pack! Okay, my mistake, nothing to see here move along!

Speaking of King: what’s the situation with his mask gonna be? sculpted head? sculpted slip cover? slip cover with Jaguar deco? plan head with Jaguar deco? can’t answer now and need to wait for the official reveal?

Speaking of King: what’s the situation with his mask gonna be? sculpted head? sculpted slip cover? slip cover with Jaguar deco? plan head with Jaguar deco? can’t answer now and need to wait for the official reveal?

I believe it's a sculpted slipcover, but it may be a sculpted head.

• 3 weeks later...

Having recently gotten back into Tekken 6 (I'm not buying SFxT until a) Dudley is available and B) the game is AT LEAST £20 (aka the price of character DLC) cheaper), I'm both anxious for this line but also a little disappointed some of the more obscure/fan favourite characters like Lee Chaolan, Jun Kazama and Devil Kazuya (in the sense of how he looked in Tekken 2/Tag 1 or Kazuya's Tag 2 transformation) won't make it into this line. Like with the SF side, I appreciate this game (and in turn the minimate line) can only really focus on the big names with a handful of obscure characters but it's still a little annoying in my eyes. Hay hoo.

I'm pretty pumped after hearing that. Looking forward to finally getting more Street Fighter mates and some of the Tekken characters too! The only classic SF mate missing from the game's roster is E. Honda.

Edited by MisterMiracle

• 4 weeks later...

Have to say, I'm a bit disappointed they are only doing three waves. It certainly makes me feel we're unlikely to get some of the DLC characters like Dudley (think of him as being to me what Kang was to about 95% of the forum), Cody or Guy. Having said that I do think it would be good if Ryu, Akuma and Chun-Li are ignored due to them being in MvC3, freeing up their spots for those three.

Edited by pawcanada

Is Fei Long from Street Fighter going to be in this line? I realy hope so because having him and Marshall Law from Tekken would be great :yes:

Doesn't look like he's in the game.

oh I haven't got the game yet I just assumed he would be in the game. *sigh* that's a shame because law's facial hair stops him from being the perfect Bruce Lee clone. <_<

• 2 weeks later...

I assume it's because the MvC3 sked ended up being pushed about six months later than originally announced, putting wave 3 in mid summer. DST probably didn't want these to overlap with that line, causing a glut.

Based on how they've rolled out MvC3, I wouldn't have expected more than three waves anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

They pretty much stated there will be three waves and Dudley is unlikely. Now who am I going to pose in photos calling other minimates (Kang for example) "Gutter Trash" while throwing roses at them?!

(Dudley is to me what Kang was to all the Kang supporters)

• 3 weeks later...