UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Street Fighter x Tekken

As a huge fighting game fan, I am really excited about this line. Not only does the gameplay look amazing, but the idea of Street Fighter going up against Tekken alone is awesome. For those who haven't been following, here is a break down of the roster so far. Please note that everyone (bar the bosses) are in teams of two. Some make sense (Ryu and Ken, Poison and Hugo etc.), others.... Not so much (Ibuki and Rolento...?!).

Street Fighter

• Ryu (SF1) and Ken (SF1)
  • Guile (SF2) and Abel (SFIV)
  • Chun-Li (SF2) and Cammy (SF2)
  • Sagat (SF1) and Dhalsim (SF2)
  • Zangief (SF2) and Rufus (SFIV)
  • Rolento (Final Fight/SFA) and Ibuki (SF3)
  • Hugo (Final Fight/SF3) and Poison (Final Fight/first SF appearance though was Hugo's manager in SF3 and would appear in his intros and win poses) - Apparently Poison was a trans-gen in Final Fight (pre-op in Japan, post-op in the US or something like that). She's apparently a woman in SFxT but
  • Vega/Balrog/Claw (SF2) and Balrog/M.Bison/Boxer (SF2)
  • M. Bison/Vega/Dictator (SF2) and Juri (SSFIV)
  • Akuma (SF2) - No known partner. May be partnered with Humanoid Ogre as the final boss.
  • Dudley (SF3) and Elena (SF3) - Not yet revealed. Rumoured to be on it according to the leaked roster
  • Cody (Final Fight/SFA) and Guy (Final Fight/SFA) - Not yet revealed. Rumoured to be on it according to the leaked roster

For those who don't know, Vega, Balrog and M.Bison all had their name switched when it was brought to the west, namely because Capcom though a boxer named M.Bison (i.e. Mike Tyson) would land them in hot water and they felt a dictator named Vega sounded too weak. Some fans have taken to using Claw, Boxer and Dictator and because I'm that much of a geek I decided to reference it

Tekken

• Kazuya and Nina
  • King II and Marduk
  • Bob and Julia
  • Hwoarang and Steve - my two favorite characters are on a team!)
  • Yoshimitsu and Raven
  • Kuma and Heihachi - for those who don't know, Kuma is a bear)
  • Lili and Asuka
  • Jin and Xioayu
  • Law and Paul
  • Humanoid Ogre - No known partner. May be partnered with Akuma as the final boss.
  • Jack and Bryan - Not yet revealed. Rumoured to be on it according to the leaked roster
  • Christie and Leo - Not yet revealed. Rumoured to be on it according to the leaked roster

According to what we know, this is how it's going to be from launch:

Street Fighter X Tekken

Series 1 - June (Ken/Steve, Sagat/King, Cammy/Nina, Poison/Lili)

Series 1 (Toys R Us) - June (Ken/Steve, Sagat/King, Zangief/Marduk, Guile/Raven)

Gameplay wise, the game has two elements that MAY see release - Pandora mode and Costume Swap. Pandora is where one character sacrifices their partner and obtains a dark black/red/purple look to show their powered up selves. Apparently this lasts for about ten seconds and from what I understand, the activator looses if the fight hasn't finished. Costume Swap consists of the characters donning the costume of someone from the other franchise, i.e. Kuma as R Mika, Cammy as Panda, King as Alex and Zangeif as Kuma. Pictures can be found here. I'd LOVE to see these, especially for characters who aren't going to make it, i.e. Hwoarang as DeeJay. This in turn could double the number of possible waves.

For those interested in learning more about the charterers, your best bet is to go to The Fighters Generation's entry on it.

My biggest worry with this line is it ending per-maturely. From the looks of things, MvC3 hasn't got a fourth wave on the way, which is annoying as the characters Tron, Hsien-Ko and Shuma-Gorath have yet to be released (granted that's not enough for a wave, so maybe the rest of it will be the DLC costumes?). As you may know from other SF based threads, I am a HUGE fan of some of the more obscure Street Fighter characters such as Dudley, Juri, Hakan, Yun, Yang and Alex (the last four not being in this game bar cameos) and I would love nothing more than to have them in my collection. While I appreciate I am in the minority, I am worried they will put the mainstream characters in the first few waves and then the series will run out of steam before I get some of my favorites.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m very happy to be getting Ken, Sagat, Zangief, Cammy, and Guile. Combined with the updated Ryu, Chun-Li, and Akuma (C.Viper can die in a fire for all I care) and adding in the old M.Bison (though an updated one would be MUCH better) I’ll be contented if this ends after 1 wave.

Given the announced cast I think I’ll get a lot of my favorites if this goes beyond one wave though (sure I need Dan, Blanka, and EVERY OTHER SF CHARACTER EVER! but this would be a decent start, maybe Ono will start of SF5 when he’s done with this game so we can get a full on true SF revival line)... to think, Haggar went from one off character to one of possibly 6 (or even SEVEN if the leaked roaster with Sodom is real) Final Fight minimates!

Given the announced cast I think I’ll get a lot of my favorites if this goes beyond one wave though (sure I need Dan, Blanka, and EVERY OTHER SF CHARACTER EVER! but this would be a decent start, maybe Ono will start of SF5 when he’s done with this game so we can get a full on true SF revival line)... to think, Haggar went from one off character to one of possibly 6 (or even SEVEN if the leaked roaster with Sodom is real) Final Fight minimates!

Initially I was going to say According to the latest leaked list (http://www.hadoken.net/?p=4533), Sodom isn't in it as anything other than a background character on the Metro City stage, however the final four (Bison, Akuma, Jun and Ogre) have been revealed and it's been stated they're the last reveals before launch, suggesting the rumoured/leaked characters may not make it in. I'm hoping they're simply kept hidden for now and will be revealed after the game's launch (as stated before, Dudley is a personal favourite of mine and someone I'm hoping gets released as a minimate in this line), but this could mean we won't get Cody and Guy to go with Hagger.

Edited by pawcanada

Blanka and E Honda would have both been doable roster wise. Blanka is BFF with Dan, but Dan was left for dead after a beat down by Kazuya. Either they could have avoided his death (preferable) or had him team up with Sakura to avenge Dan. And SSFIV's additional Hakan is old friends with E Honda, so they could have been a team as well. Sadly Hakan didn't go down too well with the fans (though I believe he is "low-tier" which doesn't help) which is annoying as his design, personality, theme and voice acting were all brilliant and his fighting style quite original and unique.

Edited by pawcanada

but this could mean we won't get Cody and Guy to go with Hagger.

Guy and Cody are the game’s first two DLC characters on the Capcom side (confirmed as such by the first DLC list)

I’m pretty confident we’ll get them if the line makes an attempt to make all the characters since we got Jill in MvC3 (yeah, we didn’t get Shuma, but he’d have to be less minimate then even the strangest GB Ghost to work and Guy and Cody are vanilla mates like Jill)

also, Dan’s not dead, just not playable. He’s the tutorial instructor in the game (and he gets his ass kicked like that all the time, remember Sagat’s special SF Alpha intro?)

Guy and Cody are the game’s first two DLC characters on the Capcom side (confirmed as such by the first DLC list)

I’m pretty confident we’ll get them if the line makes an attempt to make all the characters since we got Jill in MvC3 (yeah, we didn’t get Shuma, but he’d have to be less minimate then even the strangest GB Ghost to work and Guy and Cody are vanilla mates like Jill)

As far as I am aware, this is still a rumour/un-confirmed leak. Capcom have yet to show any screen shots or announcement videos with them in. I know they appeared at the end of the Hugo/Poison video and Rufus appeared in a fight against Bob before he got confirmed so hopefully they will still make it, but some sources have suggested they were considered at that stage in development but then shelved/postponed/made DLC/whatever the situation is now. Either way it won't be until after the game's release until we get any news about extra charatcers and whether they will be DLC, in-game unlockables or DLC early unlocks like some of the rumours suggested. None the less, I also want these two in it as well and agree even if they are DLC, we should hopefully get them as minimates.

also, Dan’s not dead, just not playable. He’s the tutorial instructor in the game (and he gets his ass kicked like that all the time, remember Sagat’s special SF Alpha intro?)

I'm not sure. According to TV Tropes entry on the game, "Dan was on the receiving end of one from Kazuya. Word Of God has virtually confirmed that Dan died from said beatdown.", but that's been on the page for at least six months and a recent trailer implies he may have gotten better and, as you said, he is the tutor in the training mode. His death might have been a red herring so people wouldn't expect him to be unlockable in the game. It would be good if he is playable as there is no "pure" Alpha representative in this game (despite getting listed as SFA characters, a handful of them like Gen, Cody and Guy actually originated from a number of characters in either SF1 or Final Fight). Plus I can't stand Sakura (although I wouldn't mind if she teamed up with Ken's pupil Sean from the SF3 games. Would make a good team IMO).

-----

Edit 21/02/2012: After watching

and Jin's Super Art, I can't help but hope we will get Devil faces for the two of them and maybe even wings as attachable accessories. For those who don't know in Tekken, Kazuya made a deal with Devil to gain the power necessary to defeat his father. Devil Kazuya then went on to be the boss of Tekken 2 and re-appear in Tekken Tag and a cut scene in tekken 5. This has later been retconned into a gene that has been passed down the bloodline (with Kazuya losing about half the power as it went to Jin) starting with Jinpatchi, Kazuya's granddad and final boss of Tekken 5. Heihachi has (for whatever reason) been skipped and some plotlines (i..e freeing Ogre in Tekken 3) revolve around him trying to find ways to obtain it. Edited by pawcanada

• 2 weeks later...

So hacked data is out.

Cody/Guy are DLC!

Dudley/Elena are DLC!

and most importantly for fans of old school SF, Sakura’s partner is: BLANKA!

I don’t give a crap about Tekken so I didn’t pay attention to who those DLC characters were.

Zach, I know you can’t really talk about this line yet, you probably aren’t even going to read this post until well after press photos of wave 1 come out, but PLEASE say you guys can make the DLC characters!

Haggar needs Guy and Cody! And Dan is easy enough to customize if you give us official versions of his posse!

I'm just waiting on seeing some official pictures of the product, I dont want to get my hopes up only for them to be crushed.

So hacked data is out.

Cody/Guy are DLC!

Dudley/Elena are DLC!

and most importantly for fans of old school SF, Sakura’s partner is: BLANKA!

I'm glad we got Blanka, but Sakura... Really?! Easily my second least favourite SF character (first being the gutter trash known as Balrog/Boxer).

Zach, I know you can’t really talk about this line yet, you probably aren’t even going to read this post until well after press photos of wave 1 come out, but PLEASE say you guys can make the DLC characters!

Haggar needs Guy and Cody! And Dan is easy enough to customize if you give us official versions of his posse!

YES! And I personally want my main Dudley as well. I'd be great to get a couple of the SFIII characters in my collection.

Some sources suggest they were intended to be in the game as full characters but Darkstalker 4 development caused them to "cut" the characters and make them into DLC (though the fact they seem to be on disc...). If this is true I hope the fact they were initially going to be in as full characters mean they will appear in the line. I also want to get Lei Wulong (one of the Tekken DLC characters; based on Jackie Chan) as he was a favourite of mine since Tekken 2.

I'm glad we got Blanka, but Sakura... Really?! Easily my second least favourite SF character (first being the gutter trash known as Balrog/Boxer).

I don’t care much for Sakura or Balrog either, but I like my characters in sets.

Sakura goes with Dan (who is easy to custom so once I have a second FA Ryu as far as I’m concerned I’ve gotten Dan) so I want a Sakura minimate even though I’d never play as Sakura if given the option

Balrog is boring, Guile’s a better charge based character and Dudley’s a better boxer (and since Steve Fox is in the game it renders Balrog EXTRA worthless since he’s the 3rd weakest boxer) but I LOVE when a company gives me all Four SF2 Bosses (‘Kings of Shadoloo’ whatever you want to call them) since Bison so looks so badass with Sagat, Vega, Balrog, and Cammy behind him.

So yeah... I’d rather Dan or Charlie/Remy be in the game since I actually like that play style better then any of the announced DLC, but I’m happy the DLC if made into figures would complete character sets.

Some sources suggest they were intended to be in the game as full characters but Darkstalker 4 development caused them to "cut" the characters and make them into DLC (though the fact they seem to be on disc...). If this is true I hope the fact they were initially going to be in as full characters mean they will appear in the line. I also want to get Lei Wulong (one of the Tekken DLC characters; based on Jackie Chan) as he was a favourite of mine since Tekken 2.

I’m kind of sad Lei doesn’t really look like Jackie in SFxT, I did like playing as him in Tk2 because he looked like Jackie.

Also, I’m sad Fei Long’s not in the game... he could have come with Law and confused the shit out of people why there’s a Bruce Lee Vs Bruce Lee two-pack where one has a handle bar mustache.

I think we're looking into it.

The game comes out Tuesday, any chance we'll see a press release soon Zach?

Waiting on some paperwork to be finalized...

I don’t care much for Sakura or Balrog either, but I like my characters in sets.

Sakura goes with Dan (who is easy to custom so once I have a second FA Ryu as far as I’m concerned I’ve gotten Dan) so I want a Sakura minimate even though I’d never play as Sakura if given the option

Balrog is boring, Guile’s a better charge based character and Dudley’s a better boxer (and since Steve Fox is in the game it renders Balrog EXTRA worthless since he’s the 3rd weakest boxer) but I LOVE when a company gives me all Four SF2 Bosses (‘Kings of Shadoloo’ whatever you want to call them) since Bison so looks so badass with Sagat, Vega, Balrog, and Cammy behind him.

Personally I'd be more interested in seeing Sakura paired up with Sean. They're both the pupils of Ryu and Ken and it would be easy to write a story where they team up to find their masters. Plus it would be interesting to see what banter they throw at each other and it would be good to see if they can return Sean to his 2nd Impact glory (which I never played but heard he was top tier). To me personally Dan goes with Blanka, but I can see the why you think Sakura and Dan.

So yeah... I’d rather Dan or Charlie/Remy be in the game since I actually like that play style better then any of the announced DLC, but I’m happy the DLC if made into figures would complete character sets.

And on the topic of sets, as much as I am glad to see Elena back, I'd have liked to see Dudley paired up with Eagle. It's about time he came back and those two would work well together. I was also thinking this would be a great way to bring back Retsu and Geki, as a nod to them being (loosely) paired up in SF1.

And personally I prefer Gill to Bison. Yeah he could do with pants and he was a PAIN to fight (in Online Edition I finally managed to beat him two rounds to one, but during the second round (lost the first) he performed Resurrection so I had to KO him AGAIN, then won the third round. It took me about half an hour of losing over and over and over again before I FINALLY beat him!) but I did like his movesets (especially how the fire and ice would switch depending on which way he faced) and his Third Strike ending made him seem like a more interesting villain than the "Take over the world because I am evil!" angle Bison has. But I saw a video of the Bison/Juri vs Heihachi/Kuma rival fight and it was AWESOME.

Also, I’m sad Fei Long’s not in the game... he could have come with Law and confused the shit out of people why there’s a Bruce Lee Vs Bruce Lee two-pack where one has a handle bar mustache

Apparently the developers felt Law was more Bruce Lee like than Fei Long. However I too hoped he'd be in the game as I wanted to do matchups like Fei vs Law and Dudley vs Steve.

Don't make me come to your offices dressed as Dudley! I can, will and shall throw roses around while calling people "Gutter trash".

Personally I'd be more interested in seeing Sakura paired up with Sean. They're both the pupils of Ryu and Ken and it would be easy to write a story where they team up to find their masters. Plus it would be interesting to see what banter they throw at each other and it would be good to see if they can return Sean to his 2nd Impact glory (which I never played but heard he was top tier). To me personally Dan goes with Blanka, but I can see the why you think Sakura and Dan.

Let me better qualify “Sakura goes with Dan.” Since Sakura uses Dan’s resources to tour the world with him and Blanka so she can find Ryu I consider Sakura part of his clique. If SF was set up 3x3 KoF Style those three would be “TEAM SAIKYO!” but if we’re talking ‘who makes the most sense as a tag-team, Dan and Blanka ALL THE WAY. I was pissed at the original SF minimate wave 2 since it had Ken with Blanka and Dan as the variant, Ken has NOTHING to do with Blanka but Blankas BFF is a variant pack?!

also, everyone one of your teams ideas is terrific. Dan and Sakura would have made an AMAZING team, they’re both ’shotos’ but Sakura’s a scruby over-the-top crappy version where Sean is a stripped down no-frills all-substance no-style version, their fighting styles and attitudes would work REALLY well, and they WOULD have great banter... too bad the internets would ruin it with slash fanart. Dudley and Eagle IS genius, I assume they’d just keep saying stuff like “savages” “yes, quiet!” and then have special intros with Cammy and Steve. And while Retsu/Geki could work they could have brought in Sodom for Rolento since they’re already partners in crime, so Ibuki could have teamed with Geki (fans think they share a link, it would have been good way to confirm or deny such) and then Retsu could have partnered with Gouken (he’s his student too, Retsu could play different then Ken and Ryu too so he and Gouken form an alterna-Shokoan stye team)... for some reason I see Elena and Mokoto making a really good team.

I would have liked Guile to pair with Charlie, but I’m not entirely sure he’s not already (what’s your take: Abel: Secret Charlie or Not Charlie at all?!)

Apparently the developers felt Law was more Bruce Lee like than Fei Long. However I too hoped he'd be in the game as I wanted to do matchups like Fei vs Law and Dudley vs Steve.

I hope SF characters keep calling him “Fei Long” like how SNK characters called Dan “Robert Garcia” in SvC:Chaos (granted that was passable because Dan’s pure comic relief, but c’mon everyone one of Law’s endings, both Marshall AND Forest, although I don’t remember which is in SFxT, the father right?, I can remember ends with either him or Paul getting kicked in the nuts, so he’s got a silly side too)

LOOK HARDER THEN!!!! (seriously, I needs Blanka, Cody, Guy, Sakura, Dudley, and Elena... and all the default characters, but ESPECIALLY the DLC!!!)

Unless the line gets cancelled early like the original Street Fighter one, I think it's fair to say we will get Kazuya and Heihachi. As I said before, I hope Kazuya and Jin come with Devil accessories. I'm more interested in seeing how Kuma gets done (presuming he will be bulked up).

I've yet to play the game (going to wait for it to come down in price so I can justify buying the DLC pack with my main (Dudley) in it), but I hope characters like Raven, Ibuki and Rolento come with some great accessories. For those who don't know, both Rolento and Ibuki throw knives/kuani as part of their move list and I've seen images of Raven throwing a giant shuriken. I hope these, along with other weapons and classic special moves get included. Also keen to see how they do Vega/Claw's mask (i.e. will it be two hair pieces, one with the mask sculpted on and one without?).

Don't give them any ideas! I am THIS close to getting my main as a minimate; I don't want that to be spoilt.

All of the DLC costumes have been leaked and are available for viewing in this gallery - http://shoryuken.com/2012/03/08/street-fighter-x-tekken-complete-costume-gallery/. The first DLC costume is character from franchise A dressed as character from franchise B (i.e. Chun-Li as Panda, King as Alex etc.), while the second is generally misc (though I like Abel's as storyline wise he is connected to SFIV villain Seth). For those who don't know, here are the break down as best as I can work them out (this is more for those of you who haven't played other SF games):

Abel - Armour king

Akuma - Heihachi (Tekken 4 look)

Balrog/Boxer - Steve Fox

Blanka - Hwoarang

Cammy - King

Chun-Li - Panda

Cody - Paul Phoenix

Dhalsim - Jinpachi (Heihachi's father; main bad of Tekken 5)

Dudley - Tiger

Elena - Julia

Guile - Jack (I think)

Guy - Jin or Kazuya; leaning more towards Jin

Hugo - Ganryu

Ibuki - Kuinimitsu (female ninja and rival of Yoshimitsu; not seen since Tekken 2 (bar Tekken Tag))

Juri - Zafina

Ken - Lars Alexandersson

M.Bison/Dictator - Bryan

Poison - Unknown (villain from Tekken Tag. Revealed to be a possessed Jun in Tekken Tag 2)

Rolento - Raven

Rufus - Angel (Devil's Player 2 costume in Tekken 2 (though she had her own ending); not seen since Tekken 2 (bar Tekken Tag))

Ryu - Ogre

Sakura - Asuka or Jun; not sure which TBH.

Sagat - Sergei

Vega/Claw - Yoshimitsu

Zangeif - Kuma

Alisa - Juri

Asuka - Geki (character from SF1; one of two fighters whom represented Japan)

Bob - Maybe Ryu...?

Bryan - Urien (character from SF3; controlled metal and thunder)

Christie - Shadowloo Dolls (not sure if she's meant to be a specific one)

Heihachi - Sodom (villain from Final Fight and character in SFA)

Hwoarang - Dee Jay

Jack X - E. Honda

Jin - C.Viper

Kazuya - No idea. Thought he was M.Bison/Dictator but that's Yoshimitsu

Julia - Chuin-Li (SF2/Classic look)

King - Alex (character from SF3; a grappler who was billed as the new hero/mascot for the "new generation")

Kuma - R.Mika (character from SFA; a female wrestler/grappler who fans have been BEGGING Capcom to bring back)

Lars - No idea. With Asuka as Geki and Raven as Guy, I have no idea which ninja this could be. May be a Final Fight character.

Law - El Fuerte (character from SF4; a Mexican luchador and aspiring gourmet chef)

Lei - Dan

Lili - Poison

Marduk - Hugo (Hugo and Alex are rivals. Marduk and King started as rivals but then became a wrestling tag team so I see this as a nod to that)

Nina - Rolento

Ogre - Gill (main bad from SF3; controls fire and ice depending on the colour facing the screen (i.e. red facing = fire attacks) and can revive himself if he has a full super bar when KOed)

Paul - Rufus

Raven - Guy

Steve - Charlie/Nash (Guile's mentor and BFF. Playable in SFA but died in all three games as his death drives Guile's backstory in SF2. Called Charlie in the West, Nash in Japan and sometimes Charlie Nash, such as in the Udon comics)

Xiaoyu - Chun-Li (SFA look)

Yoshimitsu - M.Bison/Dictator

I know DST said we're unlikely to get these but one can hope. As a SF3 fan, I'd love to get Alex style King, Gill style Ogre and Urien style Bryan.

Edited by pawcanada

Street Fighter X Tekken

Series 1 - June (Ken/Steve, Sagat/King, Cammy/Nina, Poison/Lili)

Series 1 (Toys R Us) - June (Ken/Steve, Sagat/King, Zangief/Marduk, Guile/Raven)

Thats the starting Tekken Line-up???

How do you begin without at least Kazuya, Heihachi, or Jin? It sounds like they are trying to kill the series before it begins by picking characters like Lili and Steve Fox? I think DST screwed the pooch on those Tekken choices, they need to start drug testing!!