UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Star Trek - Reincarnated from the Genesis Planet!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a heads up, I've added a load of Trek uniforms over in the decal thread which you can find here > Wonderful Trekkie goodness

All of these excellent decals are making me seriously think about learning to print these out properly to fill some holes in my collection.

Thanks (and keep them coming..... ;-) )

Take care,

Matty-lad

Edited by Matty-lad

Could it maybe be a new boxset of just minimates, and not a vehicle set?

I'd be all for episode- or movie-specific boxed sets of Trek 'mates. (TNG's "Sins of the Father" with Klingons! Pilot episodes for DS9, VOY, and ENT to flesh out crews! "The Search for Spock" with Klingons!)

But I really think it'll be the pilot Enterprise with that Pike Minimate that was seen at C2E2. I just hope the Pike Minimate comes with an Away Team jacket to make him different from the first Pike we got years ago.

This is fantastic news! I was becoming depressed when this thread was being pushed down by lesser licenses. As much as I would love the shuttlecraft to be made, I doubt that it is this new product. I read a statement from a DST employee that they believed MM Enterprise had not "blown the doors off."

I'm excited about the possibility of any Trek themed minimate product. The Prime Directive demands more TOS minimates!

Edited by Paranoid Professional

If some places will take an exclusive version of the Enterprise, why not a box set of figures?

If it is another Enterprise, would it be Pike's Enterprise or a "Where No Man Has Gone Before" Enterprise with Kirk? Are there big differences in the two? I know there was a Pike figure shown, but would they go with another Kirk over Pike?

So I was just reading on icon heroes facebook page they now have the license for the Star Trek franchise, could this mean they are going to do some trek mates in the future???

It says it's for a line of desk accessories, but maybe they can help get more Minimates out there?

ok Zach, it's Tuesday...whadduya got for us? laugh.png

jk. but seriously, where should we be looking for the info (please don't say Facebook; I don't use it and couldn't get it at work even if I did)

anyway, i'll be different and guess its a WOK Enterprise.

diamondselect5.jpg

diamondselect4.jpg

I think we're done with variants of this ship now.

"The TOS “The Cage” Minimates Vehicle, also designed and sculpted by Art Asylum, is based on the Enterprise seen in the original Star Trek pilot. It features new sculptural and paint details, an exclusive Captain Pike figure and an adjustable display stand. The vehicles measures 10” long and includes both a hidden Jefferies tube in the engineering section and an opening cockpit."

Here's a question, as I'm not a die-hard Trekkie/Trekker. I was surprised at how dark the Enterprise is in-hand, as I was familiar with it being more white in color. Is the DST color scheme too dark?

acc1629_lg.jpg

Even the DST solicitation pix seem to show the Enterprise as being white instead of dark grey:

EnterpriseMM1-1.jpg+

Even a lot of the other model kits seem to have it in a brighter white:

AMTEnterprise1967Retro.jpg

(Hail Ivan!)

fig0375flg.jpgdiamondselect4.jpg

The new pike seems to be an improvement over the old Pike. I like the addition of the collar but I'm not sure about the hair style. Maybe it's just the way it rests on the head.

I'm also a little disappointed we didn't get an away team version with a jacket but I'll live. My old Pike will probably get turned into a "Where No Man Has Gone Before" Scotty.

scotty_pilot.jpg

The sleeves are right but the insignia is wrong. Hmm...

You mean like Commodore Decker and the U.S.S. Constellation? Or maybe a blank ship that came with decals for other vessels and a generic redshirt or two?

Or are you pining for a 4-pack with totally new offerings like I am? Because I think I'm done with this configuration for 2013.

I think you guys may be surprised how many more times they may use the mold for this ship. As mentioned above there's still the Constillation, as well as the Lexington, Defiant, Constitution, and seven more ships used in the TOS storyline. It wouldn't surprise me if they even made a Mirror Defiant with either Captain Archer, or Empress Hoshi...