UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Star Trek - Reincarnated from the Genesis Planet!

JPC, on 07 Aug 2013 - 01:39, said:

Question for those whose comic shops sell Trek Minimates: Which pack is selling best? Wouldn't happen to be Archer, would it? Maybe the Borg Queen?

my LCS has sold the most Sisko/Jem Hadar. I've bought 3 myself (plus a full set online). a new army builder is key imo. will by another full set soon for the Enterprise jumpsuit (Mayweather custom), Khan/Kirk (for crispy face custom/field jacket) and Picard/Borg Queen (Starfleet Uniform/Voyager Queen)

I've bought 3 full sets of the TRU wave + extra Picard/Sisko/Janeway sets. my TRU just got another case in so I'm slowly to picking up 1 2-pack every week just to keep them moving. i did end up with a Kirk with no feet though laugh.png

Edited by tones

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, he's right, the assortment is 4-3-3-2. Kirk has a lot of work to do.

BUT if you compare 23rd Century to 24th Century, 24th Century has double the representation at TRU. So if you only like classic Trek (or the two new films, or the first six films), only 1/3 of the case appeals to you.

Question for those whose comic shops sell Trek Minimates: Which pack is selling best? Wouldn't happen to be Archer, would it? Maybe the Borg Queen?

my LCS has sold the most Sisko/Jem Hadar. I've bought 3 myself (plus a full set online). a new army builder is key imo. will by another full set soon for the Enterprise jumpsuit (Mayweather custom), Khan/Kirk (for crispy face custom/field jacket) and Picard/Borg Queen (Starfleet Uniform/Voyager Queen)

I've bought 3 full sets of the TRU wave + extra Picard/Sisko/Janeway sets. my TRU just got another case in so I'm slowly to picking up 1 2-pack every week just to keep them moving. i did end up with a Kirk with no feet though laugh.png

mvp-sign.jpg

No, he's right, the assortment is 4-3-3-2. Kirk has a lot of work to do.

BUT if you compare 23rd Century to 24th Century, 24th Century has double the representation at TRU. So if you only like classic Trek (or the two new films, or the first six films), only 1/3 of the case appeals to you.

my LCS has sold the most Sisko/Jem Hadar. I've bought 3 myself (plus a full set online). a new army builder is key imo. will buy another full set soon for the Enterprise jumpsuit (Mayweather custom), Khan/Kirk (for crispy face custom/field jacket) and Picard/Borg Queen (Starfleet Uniform/Voyager Queen)

I've bought 3 full sets of the TRU wave + extra Picard/Sisko/Janeway sets. my TRU just got another case in so I'm slowly picking up 1 2-pack every week just to keep them moving. i did end up with a Kirk with no feet though laugh.png

mvp-sign.jpg

thank you, thank you...it's nice to be appreciated biggrin.png

Technically, the assortment was just as TNG-heavy as it was TOS-heavy. So if you're following this rationale to its logical conclusion, TNG IS KILLEN TEH LEIN!

I think offering the same characters over and over is what killed the line the last time. Maybe offering even more Kirks and another Picard and Sisko is what's killen teh lein this time, too. (Assuming sell-through is truly that dire.)

And I'll never understand how DST "Never-say-never" Chuck can insist they won't complete all bridge crews when that's one of the reasons collectors collect in the first place. I know the qualifier in that statement is "all" but, dang, that's practically anti-marketing. Are full bridge crews really such an unreasonable expectation? Is interest in this category that low?

I'm a sad panda. sad.png

I'm with "youbastards" on this one. It seems like every other line gets exclusives and vehicles, and so forth. Lets look, Halo (which for the record still clogs my TRU pegs in excess) got 5 waves (WHY?), Marvel puts out multiple waves of stuff, in record amounts, and my TRU can't even get rid of them reduced to $4.99 each, Walking Dead (which is a great line in my opinion) is quickly coming to a Zombies crawl (my TRU and LCS have tons of series 1, 2, & 3 on their pegs), yet all these seem to be getting far more attention than Star Trek (which hasn't even been given a chance yet).

Come on DST get with the game, all your doing is ticking off potential customers. Give us an Amazon 5 pack of any Star Trek crew (my votes for TOS) and I promise you they fly off the shelf (especially if you market them towards the holidays (X-Mas Bling)...

In all fairness, if Lost in Space was getting the attention that Star Trek has gotten this year alone, it would have been milked pretty much dry by now.

Not all property's are created equal but I'd put Trek closer to Marvel than Halo, that's for sure.

I'm afraid Trek is much closer to Halo these days than it is to Marvel, though to be fair besides Star Wars and DC there's nothing that's in the same ballpark as Marvel.

I think you could probably break down the comment about bridge crews this way:

-You might get the entire bridge crew for TNG.

-There's a chance you could get the command crew for DS9.

-It's unlikely you'll get the entire bridge crew for VOY.

-Just forget about getting the bridge crew for ENT.

Edited by stack32

In the Halo/Marvel comparison, is Halo meant to be unsuccessful and unpopular, while Marvel is popular and successful? Pretty sure Halo did well for us. The decision to stop making them was not based on sales, not that I know of. I don't know of its comparative success with Marvel, but it got five waves and some exclusive vehicles for a reason. And I don't know the order numbers or sales numbers on Star Trek, either, but it would need to do great to do as well as TWD. Just because a store has the same amount of two lines on their shelves doesn't mean they sold the same amount to get there.

Star Trek is being given a chance -- by us, anyway. Whether collectors are giving it a chance, I don't know. This is the most product we've released for a single line at one same time. MAX and Pirates might have gotten one assortment and two vehicles. Halo may have gotten one-and-a-half shared assortments and two vehicles. But two assortments and three vehicles? That's big for us. If they're waiting for us to announce more so they can buy what we've made... well, they'll have to wait until Tuesday.

I'm afraid Trek is much closer to Halo these days than it is to Marvel, though to be fair besides Star Wars and DC there's nothing that's in the same ballpark as Marvel.

I think you could probably break down the comment about bridge crews this way:

-You might get the entire bridge crew for TNG.

-There's a chance you could get the command crew for DS9.

-It's unlikely you'll get the entire bridge crew for VOY.

-Just forget about getting the bridge crew for ENT.

I know Zach & Chuck have said not to expect all of the bridge crews, but damn are we even going to get one new full crew at this point??

I would LOVE to get TNG - it's the one with 4 movies and the most popular, surely they can at least finish it off!

DS9 - My favorite show. I would love to see it completed. At least the tough-to-customize ones like Quark!

VOY - not counting on it, but I'd buy it.

ENT - this is what I take them to be referring to when they say they won't finish them all. I bought extra Archers just so my customs will have matching base bodys. If I had to choose between Phlox & T'Pol and Garak and Weyoun, well, DS9 all the way, baby! But I'd still buy everything Trek that's made, even ENT.

Zach, we've tempered our expectations not to get all of the crews. But can we at least get some news soon on Wave 2, at least if it's a go or no-go? I've bought at least 2-cases worth each of both LCS & TRU so far plus extras. I need more :)

If they're waiting for us to announce more so they can buy what we've made... well, they'll have to wait until Tuesday.

OMG!!!

Please tell me that's not just a joke paraphrase from ST: Generations!!

Zach,

we've tempered our expectations not to get all of the crews. But can we

at least get some news soon on Wave 2, at least if it's a go or no-go?

I've bought at least 2-cases worth each of both LCS & TRU so far

plus extras. I need more smile.png

You would need to Ask DST, I really don't know.

If they're waiting for us to announce more so they can buy what we've made... well, they'll have to wait until Tuesday.

OMG!!!

It's not. We'll announce a new Trek Minimates product on Tuesday.

Zach,

>

OMG!!!

Cool! I hope it's not another TOS Enterprise with Pike. I look forward to Tuesday nonetheless!

Zach,

>

OMG!!!

If I'm reading between the lines correctly, the product is Minimates, but is not wave 2? Another Enterprise variant?

The two TRUs by me have nothing but Kirks. My LCS has one Sisko left. If the ships stop selling, you should pack in exclusive characters. Like when you make a TNG ship, maybe throw Data in there instead of Picard.

Saying you can't guarantee the TNG crew is downright disrespectful. This isn't comics where there are hundreds of characters. Make the 4-5 TNG characters already.

It's like you're releasing Chess pieces and all we get are different versions of the King. What kind of scenarios do you think fans want? We want to play the game with a full set.

Cool! I hope it's not another TOS Enterprise with Pike. I look forward to Tuesday nonetheless!

I'm guessing we're about to find out what that Pike Minimate goes with. ("The Cage" Enterprise.)

In the Halo/Marvel comparison, is Halo meant to be unsuccessful and unpopular, while Marvel is popular and successful?

Actually I was going for potential. Trek's got a lot more material from which to draw. Halo has, what, video games and comics? (Trek has those, too.)

I'm no Halo fan but I purchased all of the figures and most vehicles simply because they looked so cool. As a Trek fan, I'm willing and able to buy whatever Trek Minimates DST wants to offer, from every series.

But I guess you'd need about 10,000 more of me and the world's not ready for that.

If the Enterprise was the lead-in to Legacy Series 1, the Shuttlecraft could make a nice lead-in to Legacy Series 2.

NCC-1701/7 Galileo with Dress Uniform Spock "Journey to Babel"

NCC-1701/6 Einstein with Commodore Decker "The Doomsday Machine"

NCC-1701/2 Columbus with Scotty "The Galileo Seven"

They could even offer a damaged variant of the Galileo from "The Galileo Seven" with Spock, McCoy, or one of the other characters from that crew.

I'm still expecting Pike's Enterprise but a Trekkie can dream, right?

See, here's the thing:

I don't need a bunch of Enterprise variants. I buy them to show support, but having multiples isn't very useful.

Shuttlecraft, on the other hand, are incredibly useful for having multiples. Why? Because they are relatively in-scale to the minimates and they can interact with them. They look more natural posed with them. And, they have a cheaper price-point, which is even handier if I have to buy multiples to get all of the figure variants! Plus, you only ever see one Enterprise at a time, whereas having multiple shuttlecrafts next to each other would still make for a believable diorama.

Plus, that shuttlecraft they showed us years ago is one sweet looking toy!

But it's easier to absorb multiple $12 vehicles than it is $30 ones.

Edited by monkeycrumb

I see the shuttlecraft as an opportunity like Halo's Warthog 3-packs. I'd gladly pay $25 for the shuttles if they came with more than one figure.

For example, a damaged shuttlecraft from "The Galileo Seven" that came with a gloved Scotty, Gaetano, and Yeoman Mears would be a great way to deliver a popular character and two obscure characters.

Same with "Journey to Babel." That episode featured the Galileo and assorted alien ambassadors including Sarek and Amanda.

Shuttlecraft would seem to have more army-building and diorama potential. Shit, I'd want to build a shuttle bay to display them all. :D