UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Star Trek - Reincarnated from the Genesis Planet!

Except someone had to point it out to you at 3x actual size.

Unlike the paint slop issue, image size doesn't have much to do with this as I see it. Edited by karamazov80

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I noticed the leg thing back when the first series of Walking Dead mates came out. And I noticed it right out of the package, not from close-up photos, because I think it leaves a weird looking gap between the top of the legs and the bottom of the torso. I think some of the WD mates since then have gone back and used the old legs though.

Swashbuckling Sulu's head on the regular Uniform is my standard Sulu.

Same.

The crazed smile is better than the regular face, I think the Mirror Mirror face is the best though, but the scar means it can't work for regular Sulu.

Welcome to the boards, Paranoid Professional! I can tell that your 1000% close-up photographs of 2-inch tall toys is going to drive me -- and the rest of the board -- crazy, for completely different reasons. But they're very detailed!

Whoa! A personal welcome from Zach! Thank you!

I understand your point about the 1000% shots. I'll put the macro lens away.

I really love the new Trek line. Minimates have activated this odd hoarding trait that I never knew I had. Even though I have multiples of the TRU and LCS sets I find myself buying MORE sets. I can't explain it!

Welcome to the boards, Paranoid Professional! I can tell that your 1000% close-up photographs of 2-inch tall toys is going to drive me -- and the rest of the board -- crazy, for completely different reasons. But they're very detailed!

Whoa! A personal welcome from Zach! Thank you!

I understand your point about the 1000% shots. I'll put the macro lens away.

I really love the new Trek line. Minimates have activated this odd hoarding trait that I never knew I had. Even though I have multiples of the TRU and LCS sets I find myself buying MORE sets. I can't explain it!

This is what minimates do to you...Welcome. smile.png

I have my Enterprise on display and the decals are the same as those pictured already.

I am disappointed in the way the captain's chair looks. I like the one I made out of Legos much better.

However, my Kirk has a clean shirt so he must have not had the barbeque.

I have posted a few customs of First Contact Data, Dr. Crusher and LaForge on my custom thread if you wanted to take a look.

Whilst patiently await for the new Trek mates to reach the UK for a reasonable price I have been working on this, which I came across when searching for something or other on google images.

post-3031-0-32738200-1373496388_thumb.jp

Should anyone be interested you can find the original download here, but you will need to scale it up a bit. I suggest about 79%.

Tribbles version of the Enterprise is now in stock.

Just ordered mine. Hopefully the saucer tampos aren't upside down like they are on Paranoid Professional's Enterprise.

His tampos are the same as they are on all Enterprises. Nothing is upside down.

His tampos are the same as they are on all Enterprises. Nothing is upside down.

The tampos on the back of the primary hull are upside down. Check out the following images and you'll see.

MinimatesEnterpriseTampos_zpsc9eceb93.jp

There's even an extra window on the port side cluster that shouldn't be there. Rotate those tampos 180º and the arc matches the curve of the hull better.

Again, not a dealbreaker but it is incorrect and I'm hoping DST's resident Trekkie (codenamed "QC?") caught it at some point during production.

Also, the saucer section is WAY too thick, and somebody only put one chair on the bridge. smile.png

I only meant that PP's windows were not an "error" that may or may not show up on the ship you ordered. They are as intended, and they should be like that on all the ships. So by your standards, they are simply "inaccurate", if a Minimate-ized Enterprise could ever be considered "accurate."

"QC" refers to making sure manufacturing lives up to design specifications. This is simply a design choice you don't like.

Edited by DSTZach

Whilst patiently await for the new Trek mates to reach the UK for a reasonable price I have been working on this, which I came across when searching for something or other on google images.

WIP Bridge 1.jpg

Should anyone be interested you can find the original download here, but you will need to scale it up a bit. I suggest about 79%.

amazing, now there's a person after my own heart!

Also, the saucer section is WAY too thick, and somebody only put one chair on the bridge. smile.png

I only meant that PP's windows were not an "error" that may or may not show up on the ship you ordered. They are as intended, and they should be like that on all the ships. So by your standards, they are simply "inaccurate", if a Minimate-ized Enterprise could ever be considered "accurate."

"QC" refers to making sure manufacturing lives up to design specifications. This is simply a design choice you don't like.

Hard to believe that putting the windows on upside down was a design choice but if that's the way marketing wants to spin it ("spin it," get it?) I understand. no.gif

For what it's worth, it appears the paint master was more "accurate."

tf2013_diamond_35.jpg

And even though the model below seems to be missing huge portions of its hull, the design choice was to install those windows right-side up:

DST+Star+Trek+cutaway+USS+Enterprise.jpg

So there! Nyah!

Edited by MisterPL