UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Star Trek - Reincarnated from the Genesis Planet!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since the Enterprise looks to be hitting comic shops and specialty stores this week, does anyone know if EE and AFX are going to be getting the Mirror and Tribbles ships this week, too? Also,any chance of some closer pics of the Kirks from those sets?

Rex!

When might we find out character choices for the next couple waves? I wonder if they will focus on multiple shows again.

Has anyone ever made a Worf custom?

I can put a Cyclops head on Rhodey and call him LaForge, or use a Tony Stark head for Riker, but Worf is so unique we need him and Data made soon.

Any Customizers up for making a Worf Head for me?

I cut a Cyclops visor off of a Cyclops hairpeice, painted it gold and glued it to an extra Commander Sisko head for my LaForge.

LtCmdrGeordiLaForge_zps74f8a21c.jpg

I also have made a custom crew for Enterprise, minus Phlox. I am not 100% happy with my Lt. Malcolm Reed, but I am happy with the rest of the crew.

EnterpriseCrew_zps0bc8a7f8.jpg

I hope to see the second wave around Christmas if possible, that would be a blessing to get a new wave of Trek mates released for the holidays. I also really hope Worf, Gowron, Martok, and a TNG or TOS Romulan would be in that second wave.

I have been making a few Star Trek customs lately:

Riker from First Contact:

riker2_zps36550f40.jpg

Sticker:

riker_zps4e217cd8.jpg

And an extra on ebay if anyone wants.

Data from the end of First Contact:

data2_zps04fde7be.jpg

Stickers:

data_zps696b54b0.jpg

No extra of this one. The long thing colored stickers are for the forearm. The chest sticker is longer because it can wrap over the top of the torso. I have only tried this with the laser vinyl sticker paper. It might not work with other kinds of paper.

Battle Damaged Khan from the end of Wrath of Khan:

khan2_zpsb5f50f50.jpg

Stickers:

khan_zpsd7437b37.jpg

And an extra on ebay if anyone wants.

More stickers that I have not made the figures for yet:

Geordi from First Contact

Beverly from First Contact

Borg face #1

Borg face #2

Here are the recipes:

• William Riker from Star Trek: First Contact (use Captain Picard body and hair from Elite Heroes Fire Chief Minimate)
  • Data from Star Trek: First Contact, standard version (use Playboy Tony Stark hair and a pale head/hands)
  • Data from Star Trek: First Contact, skin graft version from end of movie (use Playboy Tony Stark hair and a pale head/hands)
  • Geordi LaForge from Star Trek: First Contact (use Sisko head/hands, Captain Picard body, and hair from David Palmer or similar)
  • Beverly Crusher from Star Trek: First Contact (use Captain Picard body, not sure which hair)
  • Battle Damaged Khan from the end of Star Trek: Wrath of Khan (use Khan Minimate and a little paint for additional battle damage)
  • 2 Borg faces (use with other Borg Minimates)

The decals above are color-matched for the figures in the recipe based on the printer that I use, which tends to make things a bit more orange than they need to be. If you would like to buy all of these stickers printed on our laser vinyl adhesive film, just to make sure all of the colors are correct, I have the kit up on ebay: Star Trek Minimates Sticker Kit

More stickers coming soon... biggrin.png

EnterpriseCrew_zps0bc8a7f8.jpg

What head did you use for T'Pol?

I used Lady Sif's head (from the set that has Beta Ray Bill in it. Her hair is Frodo's from the Lord of the Rings).

I print them on plain paper first, and keep modifying the colors until they match the Minimate. Then I print them on the expensive sticker paper.

Maybe you should consider making your own swatch-book to save time? like have blocks of "flesh" variants, blue, red, etc saved, printed and named and then you can go to it any time to check against the figure, and use the dropper tool to pick the color in photoshop? Then you only print once? (assuming you haven't done that already.)

I print them on plain paper first, and keep modifying the colors until they match the Minimate. Then I print them on the expensive sticker paper.

Maybe you should consider making your own swatch-book to save time? like have blocks of "flesh" variants, blue, red, etc saved, printed and named and then you can go to it any time to check against the figure, and use the dropper tool to pick the color in photoshop? Then you only print once? (assuming you haven't done that already.)

I do this for standard colors, but there are always unique colors that come along, like Khan's jacket and the gray on the First Contact uniform.

Also, between the Minimates molded in flesh-colored plastic and the ones that are painted with a flesh tone, it's almost impossible to find any consistent "standard" flesh tone.

I had a similar problem with that when making some TOS uniform decals. The chests are painted while the arms are moulded in yellow/red/blue. Plus when printing on my vinyl sticker paper the colours come out more vibrant.