UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Star Trek - Reincarnated from the Genesis Planet!

As of late I've been tweaking some of the older Trek mates, mainly adding a bit more detail to the ladies, and touching up faded paint on the rank braids with decals. I thought I would share them in case anyone else might like/want/need them for customs or what not.

I've posted them all in the decal thread in the customs board which can be found here <chests> and <sleeve ranks>

Also a couple of quick questions maybe some can clear up:

1. Does the new TOS Kirk have new cuff pieces, they seem to rest above his gloss painted boots, making him different to the previous ones.

2. The Mirror Mirror set has Sulu with trouser cuffs, looking at screen caps he has knee high boots, should the cuffs actually be on Spock?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KeepingUp_zps0debf576.jpg

This was so unexpectedly funny to see, that I actually spewed a mouthful of beer when I saw it. Well done elmaux. I was going to use a similar Kardashian / Cardassian gag in an upcoming Minibar Shot. Kudos for beating me to the punch. This is now my new laptop wallpaper. Thanks for the good laugh. thumbsup.gif

Picked up the TRU as well as the LCS sets. Picard TRU comes with extra arms, but the Reds don't seem to match up. The chest piece is darker than the arms. Am I missing something? I really want to make the classic Picard costume. If this is some type of error, hopefully it will be fixed when LaForge and the rest of the TNG Red Shirts get released.

Maybe this will help:

7of9.jpg

I've not seen this in the flesh so I can't be categoric but I've had a day or so to mull this over. I can conclude that for 'whatever reason' the black tampo for the lips was not printed simultaneously with the black tampo for the eyes & the Borgwhatsit . I'll speculate that the left eye/eyebrow & right eye (minus brow /Borgy) were printed in one 'pass' whilst the rest of the details were printed on a second 'pass' . Some printing inks by necessity require to be printed in a specific order & the pink lips & silver Borgy may have caused the decision for two runs. The levels of accuracy required for printing is incredible & a few microns of misalignment can prove disastrous,I don't think this is disastrous but it is annoying.

So I'll ask the question "does the position of the Borgy move when the lips move & if it does ,does the black 'surround' the silver properly ? "

I can't figure why this cause so much hassle at the factory because there have been some supremely more complex heads than this one .....here's the finest I can think of....

post-638-0-45764800-1371894575_thumb.jpg

Hail Ivan.

Edited by buttheadsmate

I've got a case and a half ordered from Luke, and Im resisting buying more*. Gotta get a couple more Gul Dukats to replace to old ones that i army built, these are so much better

Lukes got a vodo doll of me somewhere i know it.

*resistance is futile

Edited by winkerbean

When/if I ever get my mitts on these I don't think I'll bother replacing older versions, I can justify to myself that not ever Cardassian/Borg/that weeks generic alien would have the exact same get up.

I could always do with some more TOS red shirts however.

Edited by Liney

Wesley Crusher QC!!!

attachicon.gifIMG_0709.jpg

LOL. George McFly head, hair is from beast, I think. Picard gave the rest.

I'm putting my Star Trek uniforms/bodies up for trade/sale if anyone is interested. I'm keeping the heads and some accessories; i'll post a pic of what is available in the the trade thread.

Ok, this is a great custom. Got an extra Picard on order for this. I'm trying to track down the hair, but I can't find it. Looked at both Human Beasts and neither of their hairs looks like this. Anyone any ideas?

Take care,

Matty-lad

Wesley Crusher QC!!!

I'm putting my Star Trek uniforms/bodies up for trade/sale if anyone is interested. I'm keeping the heads and some accessories; i'll post a pic of what is available in the the trade thread.

Ok, this is a great custom. Got an extra Picard on order for this. I'm trying to track down the hair, but I can't find it. Looked at both Human Beasts and neither of their hairs looks like this. Anyone any ideas?

Take care,

Matty-lad

I think it might be the hair from Bucky from the Captain America moviemate.

Rex!

Wesley Crusher QC!!!

Take care,

Matty-lad

I think it might be the hair from Bucky from the Captain America moviemate.

Rex!

I think Rex is right. I'm sure it's been used on other mates too.

I'll be disappointed if we don't at least see control art for Series 2 at SDCC. Series 1 seems to be a hit at TRU. Not sure about the specialty market though. I remain cautiously optimistic.

They're hanging out in multitudes at most of the tru that I've visited.