UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Star Trek - Reincarnated from the Genesis Planet!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw these today, of 2 Sevens, one also had the "Church Lady" lip issue. I was going to buy both packs (one for my wife and one for me), but because of the weird face I only bought one.

Couple ideas for QC Borg.

60aee71d-96b2-433d-b7b7-bf72f308cfd9_zps
Head from the B&W Walking Dead zombie, one of the Calico Jack guys - figure he'd be an assimilated non-Human, and B&W Dale w/ a vest from a Max police guy. Last one doesn't work as well due to his expression and the color of the vest.
Maybe a War Machine chest would work...

60aee71d-96b2-433d-b7b7-bf72f308cfd9_zps

Head from the B&W Walking Dead zombie, one of the Calico Jack guys - figure he'd be an assimilated non-Human, and B&W Dale w/ a vest from a Max police guy. Last one doesn't work as well due to his expression and the color of the vest.

Maybe a War Machine chest would work...

Some good ideas there. I'm going to try to spray some extra Terminator and Halo pieces in flat black. I think they may fit in nicely with the overall aesthetic. I really like how the reversed chest piece looks.

Maybe this will help:

7of9.jpg

OK ! I can see the misalignment there & from what I read some samples are right whilst others are wrong ? That makes no sense ......if they are all the same then I would point the finger at the actual design rather than the print-operator* . Odd!

There are many Minimates that have far more intricate faces than this one & having checked out a few pictures of Jeri Ryan....always hard worksmile.png ....I am almost convinced that the designers placed her mouth asymetrically because Jeri Ryan's mouth is asymmetrical .

What do you think? post-638-0-60520500-1371766098_thumb.jpg

Of course the fact remains that if there is evidence of variation..... I am wrong.

Edited by buttheadsmate

Some good ideas there. I'm going to try to spray some extra Terminator and Halo pieces in flat black. I think they may fit in nicely with the overall aesthetic. I really like how the reversed chest piece looks.

Funny you should mention Terminator. smile.png

7b7800e8-c631-4f16-af58-8bfa1699876d_zps

B&W Hunchback and Dracula heads, and GitD Creature parts. Couple of Terminator and Cylon parts in there and a War Machine Chest. I agree, Halo seems like it would be an excellent fit.

And, last one:

3e8afaa9-dab1-4a0a-82ac-358b55476490_zps

Head swap between the old and new Borg mates, b&w Mummy with War Machine hand and foot, and a Maximum Zombies head.

Lots of possibilities. I wonder how hard that first Borg is to come by these days...

Edited by elmeaux

So, I found 2 different fresh cases at 2 different TRU's today.

Both had:

1 Normal Face Tampo 7 of 9

1 Misaligned eyes & lips 7 of 9

I really hope Customer Sevice can address this issue, it's very noticable.

And Gul Dukat is fan-freaking-tastic!!! The whole set is awesome, but, man that Cardassian is my favorite!

My TRU still only got in one case, but they don't seem to be flying off the shelf in my area. I picked up another Picard, and a Sisco (which was nowhere to be found the first time I went to TRU) was magically on the peg today, so I picked him up as well........

Has there been a second wave confirmed yet or are these TRU and LCS waves a kind of testing ground to see if the line will continue?

I hope a second wave will be coming. Of course, then the speculation will have to begin hardcore as I'd assume it'd be like this first wave...

TRU: One TNG set, one DS9 set, one TOS set, and one VOY set

LCS: one TWOK set, one TNG set, one DS9 set, and one ENT set

Maybe even some 4-packs to fill out the crews quicker...

Went by my local TRU today. I checked the area that some have said that these are in (In the Star Wars/Trek/Hasbro section). They weren't there...sad.png But then I went to the next aisle over (misc. movie/ tv/videogame toys/battle beast, TWD, UM Minimates) and started looking. I found two of the one pack that I wanted (Kirk/Khan)!!! I am so excited!!!smile.png No sign of any other sets anywhere.

Edited by CBMM1

IMG_3831_zps9e6460a5.jpg

This image makes me think of a Breen Soldier about to attack Captain Picard.

Is the armored mate in this picture a Halo Minimate?

Sending in my pictures to Customer Service today. I just found these 2 in the wild:

Eye/Mouth alignment is close, but still slightly off:

20130620_133025.jpg

Church Lady 7 of 9:

20130620_133005.jpg

I'm guessing the problem is the Borg tech tampo around the eye is somehow throwing off the mouth alignment.

laugh.png

It looks like we found twins:

null_zps2f051399.jpg

And a mirror:

null_zpsf0f073ac.jpg

Maybe I am mistaken, but aren't the face tampos one piece? I cannot understand how the lips are not only that off, but also that off from each other! :O

So it seems the Seven of Nine variations count is up to 3 now (I noticed this third, too, yesterday in the wild)! Despite the fact that I originally purchased the proportionate "close eye/mouth", I've got to say that I'm actually leaning more towards the "aligned spaced eye/mouth after studying pics of Ms. Ryan. She does have an exotic, slightly long face. Now this third one? I don 't know...snarky Seven? Too bad all of these misprints didn't happen to Hugh instead, then perhaps we'd have a legitimate "army-builder" on our hands!wink.png