UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Star Trek - Reincarnated from the Genesis Planet!

Monkeycrumb gets it. (Not the hot sex thing, the... Okay, maybe both. Back on topic... )

For the record, I'm not suggesting that these Trek variants be offered tomorrow. I'm arguing that they not be dismissed simply because "no one will recognize them without a head" or "civvies don't sell." If that were true, DST wouldn't even bother developing "Thief of Thieves" for solicitation. It depends on the market and there's a much bigger market for Star Trek than ToT. (Sorry, Robert Kirkman.)

And yes, the last line failed thanks in part to it being a Kirk line. That's a lot like having the Marvel license and concentrating on Captain America variants while waiting to whip out one Spider-Man until the third or fourth series while ignoring Fantastic Four and other popular character groups. The last line did a great job of getting out the TOS bridge crew. Unfortuantely it alienated other Trekkies by largely ignoring the most recent 25 seasons of Trek. The new assortments address that but it troubles me that the direction DST may be heading in is "uniforms only." That risks making the line stale quick.

Don't get me wrong; I want complete bridge crews from every series and film ASAP. But wave after wave of largely black uniforms with red, gold, and blue accents could look like there's nothing happening on the pegs. I'm not sure how much CBS will allow the branding to change from series to series.

I'm just perturbed when it seems like people are manufacturing ridiculous scenarios as an excuse to dismiss viable variants in a line anchored by popular characters... just like Marvel.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

picked up a full set today in Towson, Maryland. Seven of Nine's eyes and mouth are extremely set apart. Not sure if it was isolated to the two they had on the shelf or if all of the sevens will have features with distance.

attachicon.gifIMG_0670.jpg

I almost missed them on the shelves too. They were somewhere near starwars and green lantern and a hodpodge of mezits keychains.

Hopefully it was just a bad batch. Looks like the eyes are too high up as her hair is covering her cortical node (?).

I noticed this on BBTS during their last sale. It eventually sold out, but. . .damn.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=DMC11226&mode=retail

This is what I thought of also when AGT Picard was mentioned.

I took a couple hours off of work today to be first in line at TRU to get these (I actually was there yesterday to learn that their Thursday truck actually goes on shelves Friday-grrrr). I'm very impressed with these and think this line will be very successful (I suppose I should have worded that as 'this line should live long and prosper'...)

And it wasn't until I had these in hand that I realized how flat-chested Janeway is (yes, I know all female are). Great attention to detail DST!

Kudos to DST for a great relaunch!

Edited by groundhog7s

I just scored the TRU wave at lunch. The only Seven of Nine was... tampo-challenged. If you look at the attached crappy flip-phone pic, her lips are off center. Not by much but it's almost as if the eyes were printed separately from the lips and there was a registration problem.

At first glance, the rest of the series is outstanding. I'd have bought extras to make alternate versions of Picard and Sisko but I get the feeling that future series will be "Starfleet Uniforms or Bust," as it were. :D

post-160-0-56220300-1371229405_thumb.jpg

Resistance is futile, Jeff. banana.gif <---- Borg Banana

lol love it! yea there wasnt really any resistance before, I think I was just kidding myself into thinking I may not buy these lol. I have been a Trek fan pretty much all my life so couple that with being a Minimate addict and it was game over before it ever really started lol

now if TRU Canada would get their crap together so I can find them easier it would be even better!

Jeff of the Miniacs

Star Trek Fighter Pods are geared to what audience again?

:rolleyes:

I was also pleasantly surprised to find the Star Trek Select figures at TRU. I wasn't planning on getting them since I have all the original AA bridge crew, but Kirk and Spock looked cool enough to not pass up.

Yeah, the only action figure competition DST has in the market at all seems to be with DST.

Hasbro has the Fighter Pods (which should be 25¢ each in the exit vestibule with the bubble gum) and the Kre-O construction kits with mini-figs. Not too many other licensees out there in this category.

I'm just happy to see Trek Minimates at TRU again. [insert happy Klingon emoticon here]

Have these been spotted in Illinois yet?

Haven't had a chance to look yet. Gonna be hitting Bloomingdale on my way home from work tonight.

Hey... I just found them in the Chicavo toysrus. The whole set was there

Looks like you got a "variant", MsMarvelFan!

Capt Janeway wasn't sure so she brought along a real Seven to investigate the spacial abnormality.

post-3701-0-06174900-1371250827_thumb.jp

Found another fresh assortment in Annapolis, MD today. One of the two sets had properly placed face tampos. (the loose one pictured above).

Here's a tray shot of Picard and Hugh Borg:

post-3701-0-50621000-1371250835_thumb.jp

and what's under the borg mask:

post-3701-0-46666800-1371251352_thumb.jp

The red picard chest really sticks to the tape, like most every captain america shields. Really gummy, but easily wiped off.

Edited by MsMarvel fan

Looks like you got a "variant", MsMarvelFan!

Capt Janeway wasn't sure so she brought along a real Seven to investigate the spacial abnormality.

attachicon.gifIMG_0680.jpg

Found another fresh assortment in Annapolis, MD today. One of the two sets had properly placed face tampos. (the loose one pictured above).

Here's a tray shot of Picard and Hugh Borg:

attachicon.gifIMG_0677.jpg

and what's under the borg mask:

attachicon.gifIMG_0681.jpg

The red picard chest really sticks to the tape, like most every captain america shields. Really gummy, but easily wiped off.

Awesome shots, Picard comes with a heck of a lot of stuff, glad he has a regular uniform block too.

Really looking forward to the Voyager gals.

Now just wait for them to hit online at a reasonable shipping price drool.gif

Edited by Liney

Picked up a full set of the TRU wave at work today; glad we had that 20% coupon circulating and my discount. LOVE this wave; even being a big TNG fan, all of these are just so much fun. Picard, 7, and Kirk are the most fun, definitely. I really like Picard in just his grey turtleneck, very happy DST included those arms.

Can't wait for the LCS wave. Captain Archer will be great to finally complete the Captains (i remarked to my dad when he saw them earlier that i've almost got all of the people we met at Philly Comic-con last year, he was pretty amused by DST actually making all of the Captains), and the Kirk/Khan set is one of the most iconic, perfectly translated sets i've seen in some time. Borg Queen will be great too; favorite villains.

Never thought i'd be so glad to see Star Trek reborn, but thank God it was. Great Minimates.

EDIT: Oh, and as for a few most-demanded wants, Beverly, Riker, and All Good Things Picard, definitely.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Chicavo! It's a bell of a town.

Hey, I think gangsters are the bee's knees. You guys are the ones asking for more Kirks and Spocks. Well see which way the line goes. Series 2 will probably depend on Series 1.

wallbash.gif

Just to be clear, I am not asking for more Kirks and Spocks. I'm simply using them as examples of how and where to push variants of popular characters. I'd be perfectly happy if Series 2 didn't have any TOS characters in it at all. Give TNG, DS9, and VOY more love and toss ENT fans a bone next go around. (An Archer/Klingon 2-pack would be welcome.) Come back to TOS (TV and film) in Series 3.

I think I've been pretty consistent in saying that 4- or 5-packs (not 2-packs) should be episode-specific just like "Mirror, Mirror." I'm just offering up other suggestions for similar sets when I talk about "The City on the Edge of Forever" or "All Good Things..." If you prefer I could reference DS9, VOY, or ENT episodes but there seems to be a reluctance to do much outside of TOS and TNG so I'm pandering to my audience.

It's bad enough a venerable Trek episode gets reduced to "Hobo Kirk." Talk about a tough crowd. dry.png

So, does anyone have any ideas for customs using the TRU Khan?

I'm thinking about maybe making some other augments. In my Trek, some of these guys were leftovers from the early Extremis Program. ;)

I found these in Schaumburg, IL and Rockford, IL I was able to get three of each pack between the two locations. Not sure will find them back home soon.

Went to two different stores and found 12 packs at each.

The first store had:

4 x Kirk

3 x Picard

3 x Sisko

2 x Janeway

The second had:

4 x Kirk

4 x Janeway

3 x Picard

1 x Sisko

Out of the four Janeway/Seven sets only two had TRU stickers and the two that didn't had wonky faces on Seven (eyes and mouth too far apart, eyes or mouth off center). And like someone said earlier, there were a bunch of loose hands. Overall these look awesome and I hope for more.