UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Star Trek - Reincarnated from the Genesis Planet!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

970595_10151491780060678_418666343_n.jpg179790_10151491780080678_845615215_n.jpg

Zach warned us the ship looked huge but I wasn't expecting HUGE. Even unassembled in the package it looks impressive.

Not sure about the packaging. Blister cards tend to have a cheaper look and for a $30 toy, it might have been better off in a window box like TRU's Halo LAAG Warthog 3-pack. (Hail, Ivan!)

On the other hand I can see everything I'm getting with the blister. The branding is tight and does a pretty good job telegraphing the play features with the exception of the Jeffries Tube. I wonder why that wasn't called out.

And I know this is an AFX exclusive but some cross sell images wouldn't hurt on the off chance that it ends up elsewhere. There's plenty of real estate for pics of other available product. Hopefully there's a promotional insert.

All that said, I've gone from a skeptic to an eager collector where this vehicle's concerned. It'll make a fine centerpiece to my growing Trek collection.

Next!

I want to like the Enterprise and it certainly looks like DST did a great job with it but I can't get past the super-deformed style. I suppose it will be a question of whether I'm willing to pay $30+ for a Kirk minimate and a chair.

I got my set from the TRU Sample case today. It was the Kirk & Khan set (I had no clue which one was coming). While it was the set I was least excited for I have to say it they're really, really well done. I love the new type II phasers and how they plug into the belt. Good job DST! I am more excited now for the rest of series 1 and can't wait to see what's in store for series 2.

Edited by johnboy8

I want to like the Enterprise and it certainly looks like DST did a great job with it but I can't get past the super-deformed style.

That was me a year ago. (Hell, it was me ten years ago regarding block figures in general but I digress...)

The first pic I saw from 2012 Toy Fair made the ship look very deformed. Maybe it was the angle, maybe there were changes to that prototype, but the proportions aren't bugging me as much now. The saucer section looks pretty thick but I don't mind the rest.

So I've gone from probably passing on a super-deformed ship with a Minimates character I already have to anticipating owning two of these things; the Tribble-infested ship and the I.S.S. Enterprise.

I'd have preferred the shuttle all along but now I'm expecting to see the refit in 2014 in a variety of flavors.

Oh, Tribbles Kirk, i love your glorious grin. Can't believe i'm in for all 3 of the Enterprise ships; Tribbles Kirk is my fav Kirk (only 3" Minimate i own), i like that new Mirror, Mirror Kirk, and at that point i might as well actually own the "real" one too.

Where can i set up Direct Deposit to just send my checks to you guys, Zach? laugh.png

Not at TRU, that I know of. And don't forget AFX has the Tribbles exclusive, as well as the standard Ent.

Standard Ent? So, no Treebeard? :)

Man, this ship keeps looking better & better! Now I too want to see a fleet of more ships like the 1701-D, Borg Cube, Kilngon and Romulan Bird of Prey, and always that awesome Shuttlecraft!

Not at TRU, that I know of. And don't forget AFX has the Tribbles exclusive, as well as the standard Ent.

Standard Ent? So, no Treebeard? smile.png

Heard it here folks. Middle Earth Minis return.

Forgot to mention that I received my Kirk/Kahn pack in the mail Saturday also. These are probably the most plain of the wave I'd guess (and closest to the original versions), however I'm impressed with the packaging and the overall feel of the line so far. And honestly, Kahn's coat has to be seen in person to appreciate. The pattern on it is amazingly executed.

Forgot to mention that I received my Kirk/Kahn pack in the mail Saturday also. These are probably the most plain of the wave I'd guess (and closest to the original versions), however I'm impressed with the packaging and the overall feel of the line so far. And honestly, Kahn's coat has to be seen in person to appreciate. The pattern on it is amazingly executed.

I can't wait to get my hands on the new Kirk w/ Khan. I'm going to buy atleast a dozen of them just to get enough wepons belts and new phasers to equip my army of Red Shirts...

I can't wait to get my hands on the new Kirk w/ Khan. I'm going to buy atleast a dozen of them just to get enough wepons belts and new phasers to equip my army of Red Shirts...

Not to mention Star Trek: Attack of the Klones! With an army of augments, you're gonna need a LOT of redshirts.

I wish I could get a better pic of the neck that attaches the primary hull to the secondary hull. I want to know if it's attached to the Saucer section or the Engineering section in the package to determine how difficult it's going to be to make a Saladin / Hermes Class custom (check the Starfleet Technical Manual for pics)...

Star-Trek-Minimates-Mirror-Mirror-ISS-En

From this angle it looks like it may be attached to the secondary hull. However, if you look inside the Jeffries Tube, there appear to be a couple screws or tension plugs that attach the neck to engineering. Maybe the neck is a separate piece altogether. Either way, I hope it's a tight fit because it looks front heavy.

Not sure if

sheds any light on the matter.

Hey, where did you find this pic? This looks more like the Pike era Enterprise, and not the ISS Enterprise. If so it gives me hope for a Pike Variant...

Found the pic on Google which found it here:

http://news.toyark.com/2013/03/20/new-mirror-mirror-star-trek-minimates-revealed-81253

A Pike variant's a no-brainer, too, (maybe sold with a 4-pack from "The Cage") but I like the markings on the ISS version.

And after reviewing the blister layout, I'm pretty certain the neck is attached to the secondary hull. Which makes for an authentic saucer separation, I suppose, but makes it harder to do your custom.

Hey! How about a Federation Tug that doubles as a carrying case? woot.gif

Ptolemy_painted_1.jpg