UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Star Trek - Reincarnated from the Genesis Planet!

you're right groundhog, the rest of the wave was a Klingon and another Kirk. Thats awesome you got a Scotty, I'd love to see a pic if you've got one. I've never seen it besides the "coming soon" picture.

Ok speaking of pictures, this thread needs something more to look at...here's hoping we get it soon. I can't imagine it wouldn't sell really well. if the name and shuttle number were stickers that you could change, I'd buy at least 3 (ahh, I'll buy 3 either way :biggrin:)

startrekminishuttle2.jpg

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you're right groundhog, the rest of the wave was a Klingon and another Kirk. Thats awesome you got a Scotty, I'd love to see a pic if you've got one. I've never seen it besides the "coming soon" picture.

Ok speaking of pictures, this thread needs something more to look at...here's hoping we get it soon. I can't imagine it wouldn't sell really well. if the name and shuttle number were stickers that you could change, I'd buy at least 3 (ahh, I'll buy 3 either way :biggrin:)

startrekminishuttle2.jpg

The beauty of it is, from a cost-perspective, is that DST can rerelease it with MULTIPLE variations, just change the name on the stickers AND give us a different figure! I'm with you in that I want several of these, but if I can get different stickers AND different figures, I know I'd buy even more. This shuttle is hands-down my favorite MM vehicle ever shown, it translates so well to the format! And DST did an excellent job! I won't rest until this shuttle gets officially released. I wish people here were as passionate about it as they are about Kang :biggrin:

But, I have hope, because DST alluded to it in a recent Q&A, and why else would you hold back Spock from the Enterprise release? (I'm sure there's a variant Enterprise with Spock coming, but I like to dream)

Just thought I'd throw my two cents in as a casual minimate/Star Trek fan.

I only collect a few minimates (mostly for Doctor Who customs) and I have absolutely no Star Trek minimates.

I'm highly excited about the Enterprise and can't wait to get it!

I would also buy other Star Trek vehicle sets with one or two figures in each set.

Next Generation actually holds little to no interest for me. I only watched TOS as a kid and some DS9. Eventually I'll get around to TNG but haven't the time for it right now.

It's TOS I want and all those kooky aliens. Even just a Salt Vampire (from the episode "The Man Trap") and I'd be happy.

I'd also love to see that Galileo 7 shuttlecraft released.

Edited by Mystery Man

The beauty of it is, from a cost-perspective, is that DST can rerelease it with MULTIPLE variations, just change the name on the stickers AND give us a different figure! I'm with you in that I want several of these, but if I can get different stickers AND different figures, I know I'd buy even more. This shuttle is hands-down my favorite MM vehicle ever shown, it translates so well to the format! And DST did an excellent job! I won't rest until this shuttle gets officially released. I wish people here were as passionate about it as they are about Kang :biggrin:

But, I have hope, because DST alluded to it in a recent Q&A, and why else would you hold back Spock from the Enterprise release? (I'm sure there's a variant Enterprise with Spock coming, but I like to dream)

You and I may want a shuttlecraft, and I can see a casual collector picking it up after the Enterprise, but multiple shuttlecrafts? That may be stretching it. I think we hope to get to variant Enterprises, but we'll see how this one does. We're only including one figure to keep the price down.

You and I may want a shuttlecraft, and I can see a casual collector picking it up after the Enterprise, but multiple shuttlecrafts? That may be stretching it. I think we hope to get to variant Enterprises, but we'll see how this one does. We're only including one figure to keep the price down.

Ah. Well, that answers a few questions then. Still, I wish this was getting more love than Knight Rider.

FWIW Every Star Trek item made is an instant purchase from me :)

Hey all,

I want to echo this. Every Star Trek item released, I have bought at least 1 of (plus extras for customs etc.) and will buy in the future.

I just don't want to get my hopes up for this after teh Shuttlecraft incident a few years ago.......

Take care,

Matty-lad

Edited by Matty-lad

Ah, that's too bad about cutting Scotty (you know we're getting Kirk in the big chair) ;) . It's cool, I understand the reasoning. I just want this to succeed so we can get more Trek mates. I was expecting it would be the same price point as the large Halo vehicle, $25 w/ 3 mates, as I'm guessing the Enterprise is a bit larger it'd get 2 mates. I could totally justify that (happily too). Does the reduction drop it to the MAX vehicle price range or was it to keep it at the $25 point?

Either way, I'll be picking up at least 2 Enterprises (unless there's a variant, in which case it'll be 3) and will hold out hope for the shuttlecraft.

im not a huge trek fan although i did enjoy watching TNG series, i have all the 3" trek mates as well as a 3" Uhura prototype, i picked it up as it is different from the more generic male prototypes that were available, i have a smattering of the smaller mates as well and would be interested in a reboot of the line if as others have mentioned there was more variety in the designs and less basic uniform mates

I'm really hoping they return for the anniversary of TNG. it would be the perfect way to bring them back and it could focus on a different crew instead of TOS. don't get me wrong, there are plenty of TOS characters and variants I'd love to see but for a successful comeback it needs to not alienate those of us who already have the first run. There will be opportunities to get TOS crew out there for those that need them if Trek mates can make a triumphant return :)

I'm really hoping they return for the anniversary of TNG. it would be the perfect way to bring them back and it could focus on a different crew instead of TOS. don't get me wrong, there are plenty of TOS characters and variants I'd love to see but for a successful comeback it needs to not alienate those of us who already have the first run. There will be opportunities to get TOS crew out there for those that need them if Trek mates can make a triumphant return :)

For a successful comeback, retailers need to order it! :biggrin: If the Enterprise does well, we'll see how we follow it up.

I can't wait for this Enterprise. however I'm not interested in anymore TOS Mates, unless they are characters I don't already have. If TOS crew members do end up being rereleased the only way I would buy them is if they were packed with aliens or TNG characters.

as well as a 3" Uhura prototype

So you're the one? When I caught her auctions, she had all 4 of the unreleased crew except for Uhura and I couldn't figure out who would just pick her up. Had I seen it before you, I'd have bought all four, but I decided what was the point of having 6 of the 7 TOS crew and just settled for Scotty since his red uniform set him apart. I always wondered what happened and now I know.

• 2 months later...

I would really love to get me a Minimate TOS Enterprise. I would likely get two since I get two of everything Trek. As for minimates, I have one set still in the packaging, then I have two sets of the crew extra and openned. I have a few extras of some crewmembers that I have been tinkering with for customs. I have made "Break & Circuses" McCoy and Spock in gladiator attire (simple head swaps), Movie Uniform Uhura (with skirt) from ST3 if my memory serves me correctly, "Trials & Tribble-ations" Sisko, a Mirror Universe version of Nurse Chapel, and I am working on Mirror Universe versions of McCoy, Scotty and Chekov. I have even made an Ilia from STMP before she was turned into the VGER Probe.

I would love to have the Minimate TOS Shuttlecraft with the Battle-ravaged Spock, but I would like to see other crew-members and more aliens especially Next Generation Crew. I had ordered decals from Luke314pi and made a custom Dr. Crusher and Cmdr. Riker; I had tinkered around before ordering the decals to make a custom Deanna Troi. I have even made a Cptn. Janeway and Tom Paris. I am working on a Geordi LaForg and Chakotay. I hope to one day even get my Data and Chief O'Brien made.

I would love to see more Trek Mates but it is time to go to the TNG, DS9 and Voyager direction. (Worf and Klingons with ridged foreheads, Ferengi, Borg Queen and Seven of Nine, Neelix, Morn, Jem'Hadar, Odo, Vorta, and I could keep going but there are at least 4 waves (of 4 twin packs) of just crewmembers that can be done. And then there are all the aliens that can be done as well. Some are easier than others but there is a large assortment to help make the waves worthy of purchase by all.

DS9 Wave could have Jadzia & Bashir, O'Brien & Rom, Kira & Odo, Jake Sisko & Quark. Voyager Wave could have Kim & Torres, Tuvok & Kes, Neelix & Paris, Chakotay & Janeway. TNG wave could have Troi & Data, Dr. Crusher & LaForge, Riker & Yar, Guinan & Q. The fourth wave could be mixed and could have: Seven of Nine & Chief O'Brien, Worf & Gowron, Vidiian & EMH/ECH (could have extra chest peice for the change in his programming), Borg Queen & Locutus.

Then we could see variant figures of say Chakotay in his marqis attire, O'Brien as seen in TNG, Seven of Nine as a borg, Kazon.

Just some thoughts but wishing is keeping me going.

Edited by Captain Paco

• 4 weeks later...

I'm very disappinted to read that Scotty will NOT be included with the Enterprise. To be honest, that figure was a big part of how I was going to justify purchasing another Kirk and a super-deformed starship I don't care for. Even though I already have a Scotty, his red shirt makes him great custom cannon fodder.

Now I've got to figure out how much I want to spend on that bridge chair. :confused:

Should this line fully resurface and we do have to get more variations of Kirk & Co. I would really like to see those "transporter" mates come into being. some clear glittery gold bodies with faded tampos would be worth picking up IMHO.