UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Star Trek - Reincarnated from the Genesis Planet!

Nothing I hate worse than posts derailing threads at the MMMV. . .which means I must be one serious self-hating sonofagun.

BUT, I started jogging pretty seriously last year, and it became a real addiction to the point where I couldn't go more than a couple of days without it. But the joints suffered because of it. I had to wear an ankle brace each time out, my knee would sometimes bug me afterward, etc. I got sick in November at some point, and took a break of nearly two months, where I only jogged a couple of times for fear of getting sick running in the cold weather again. I started back up a couple of weeks ago and my joints feel great. So. . .I don't know your situation Capo, but maybe a break is in order if your knees are giving out on you. There are other forms of exercise that don't require the stress on your joints.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen this answered yet - Are the new Picard and Sisko Minimates getting a new head without the peg hole in the top? It's missing on both of their heads in the promo pic. I really hope this is true and a peg-less head has been created for bald characters.

It's a personal preference, but my old Picard and Professor X Minimates are great except for this.

Also, it looks like the Borg Queen, Jem Hadar and Cardassian all have newly-sculpted heads. Are these going to be newly-cast pieces, or are these "masks" that go on top of the regular Minimate head? I saw the Herman Munster Minimate with the car and the tampos on his oddly-shaped heads didn't look great, and I was wondering if that was because the factory wasn't used to the new dimensions. Just asking because these look great and I hope they stay that way!

I haven't seen this answered yet - Are the new Picard and Sisko Minimates getting a new head without the peg hole in the top? It's missing on both of their heads in the promo pic. I really hope this is true and a peg-less head has been created for bald characters.

What are you talking about? The old Picard and Bald Sisko don't have holes in the tops of their heads! Only the variant Sisko with the headpiece did!

Here's another awesome Army Builder: Q with Borg Drone

Make Q in his judges robes, with the body underneath the olive jumpsuit that he wore when he lost his powers. Include Q's hairpiece and the jumpsuit colored extra pair of arms. Now you have 2 looks in one pack! Now, also consider that the jumpsuit appeared many times in the series, including on the Corbin Bernsen Q in the same episode, but also that Q appeared in so many other uniforms that we can head-swap with our extra Picards, Siskos, etc to put Q in a Starfleet uniform.

Obviously the Borg Drone should be different from the first one made. But if you have the Borg Drone slotted somewhere else, then a Naussicaan would work well too.

(Still going with the quick-custom army builder approach!)

Monkeycrumb, you are totally right! I've got my Professor X on display and he does have the hole on top of his head, and I got my Patrick Stewart's confused. Well that's great news!

Also, isn't there a Minimate coming out that has the hairpiece for men with a lack of hair like Picard, the ring? When I saw that one I immediately thought of an updated Picard who wouldn't just have a cylinder for a head.

Monkeycrumb, you are totally right! I've got my Professor X on display and he does have the hole on top of his head, and I got my Patrick Stewart's confused. Well that's great news!

Also, isn't there a Minimate coming out that has the hairpiece for men with a lack of hair like Picard, the ring? When I saw that one I immediately thought of an updated Picard who wouldn't just have a cylinder for a head.

Maybe you're thinking of the Galactus Heralds boxset Morg with that hairpiece. I'm not sure if it's coming on any new figures (someone please correct me if that's not the case) But a lot of people are using in on their Walking Dead Axel customs. So hopefully we'll get that piece out again, but preferrably not for Picard, it's pretty unkempt and would look bad on Picard.

Hey Zach, do you know if the new Sisko and Picard bodies match up color wise with the previously released ones?

No idea!

We've been making no-hole bald characters for a while now. We usually get it right in production, too.

Not sure about the removable slipcovers, but they're probably like King from SFxT. Did other people not like Herman Munster's head? I thought it worked.

Do we know what the TRU Assortment will have in it? Wouldn't it be the same only with a limited package of one of the sets? If TRU is getting different characters, please tell me where I can see a list or pictures so I can set aside cash so in July I can snag them all up for my local TRU.

I ordered a case from Luke's Toy Store, this way I know I have all four two packs and thus have a set to keep sealed, a set to open for display and a set to use for customs if I see fit.

I will likely make another Starfleet member in the away team coat and but not sure about the Kahn parts for customs. Jem'Hadar are all clones so that is an army builder, The Xindi Reptilian woudl be an army builder. I would like to see a few more borg that are different from each other and the previous one released.

I don't hate TRU exclusives, I just hate the fact that they are a large corporation that doesn't seem to notice the small details in their inventory and shipping procedures and that it affects smaller toy companies and the sales of their products. The exclusives are awesome and I think that no matter how hard they are to find that I'm thankful for the extra figures they've gotten produced.

I was reeeeally hoping the Borg Queen would be included in the TRU assortment. My LCS isn't very dependable when it comes to getting in minimates.

Everyone else here hates TRU exclusives. These you can order from literally any online toy store.

Fixed!

I was reeeeally hoping the Borg Queen would be included in the TRU assortment. My LCS isn't very dependable when it comes to getting in minimates.

Everyone else here hates TRU exclusives. These you can order from literally any online toy store.

Not me! I'm grateful for what TRU has provided for us. The Walking Dead exclusives are a pain to find, but I've done well with everything else.

To me, the difference between TRU and specialty are the ease of cherry-picking. Most retailers sell sets only, and those that sell seperately usually sell out pretty fast of the army-builder packs. BUT the biggest distinction to me is the impulse-buy. It's easier for me to pick up extra sets at TRU because I don't have to pay shipping. If I want to order online, then I need to order enough to balance shipping costs.

If the Jem Hadar pack had ended up at TRU, I'm sure I would have wound up with an unhealthy amount of it, since I'd be buying every one I came across.

I've really, really appreciated how Universal Monsters and Ghostbusters have been treated between specialty and TRU, and I've found everything they put out. I'm very happy there are no shared figures between TRU and specialty, and I really do expect to be able to find every set I want. I do not expect them to disappear as quickly as WD sets do. As long as TRU.com doesn't make the same mistakes and mislabel the sets online, we should be fine.

It's been working great for Marvel, and gotten us more mates than we would have had otherwise.

Minimates are the only thing getting me into TRU. Zach, not everyone hates the TRU assortments.

Do we know what the TRU Assortment will have in it? Wouldn't it be the same only with a limited package of one of the sets? If TRU is getting different characters, please tell me where I can see a list or pictures so I can set aside cash so in July I can snag them all up for my local TRU.

All four TRU packs will be different from the specialty packs. Half different characters, half the same characters in different outfits. We have not revealed the lineup yet.

And sorry to speak for people, what I actually MEANT to say was that a LOT of people don't LIKE having to TRACK DOWN the TRU exclusives, ESPECIALLY the OVERSEAS collectors. So not at all what I actually said.

But seriously, whenever I announce a TRU exclusive, somebody on Facebook gets up in arms. There are retailers who think we're trying to kill the LCS, which is pretty much the opposite of the case.

Seriously Zach, why can't you guys find a way to make everybody happy?

Just know that for what it's worth, there are some of us who appreciate all that's been done for the last 10 years. You guys are a business making business decisions and all of the interacting with people is above and beyond what you're all paid to do. I'm just happy to be able to buy whatever you have to offer.

Edited by groundhog7s

All four TRU packs will be different from the specialty packs. Half different characters, half the same characters in different outfits. We have not revealed the lineup yet.

And sorry to speak for people, what I actually MEANT to say was that a LOT of people don't LIKE having to TRACK DOWN the TRU exclusives, ESPECIALLY the OVERSEAS collectors. So not at all what I actually said.

But seriously, whenever I announce a TRU exclusive, somebody on Facebook gets up in arms. There are retailers who think we're trying to kill the LCS, which is pretty much the opposite of the case.

Wow Zach, you keep teasing us with these statements. Any time frame when you'll be able to let us know about the Toys R Us ones?

Thanks for all the info you do give us though. It's appreciated.

Take care,

Matty-lad

So Zach, if you are stating that there will only be about half the same characters but in different outfis, and the other half are different; will we see Janeway or Dr. Carol Marcus or Odo or a Founder? Will we get a Suliban or Data, Worf or another TNG or DS9 Character? When will they announce the TRU line up? Please share at least that bit of info with us? Those of us that got into minimates due to the Star Trek minimates are owed at least that much, please?

I liked the 3" minimates and wished that they would have made the full TOS Crew (at least Uhura, Scotty, Sulu and Chekov) before stopping that line. However, I LOVE the 2" minimate line and I am really happy that DST/AA are finally reviving the line. I have spent several hundred dollars on minimates for parts to make custom Trek figures and I will still purchase any minimates that are Trek even if you make ones I have already made. Now I only wish we would get the battle-ravaged Spock with the Shuttlecraft as well.

So Zach, if you are stating that there will only be about half the same characters but in different outfis, and the other half are different; will we see Janeway or Dr. Carol Marcus or Odo or a Founder? Will we get a Suliban or Data, Worf or another TNG or DS9 Character? When will they announce the TRU line up? Please share at least that bit of info with us? Those of us that got into minimates due to the Star Trek minimates are owed at least that much, please?

I liked the 3" minimates and wished that they would have made the full TOS Crew (at least Uhura, Scotty, Sulu and Chekov) before stopping that line. However, I LOVE the 2" minimate line and I am really happy that DST/AA are finally reviving the line. I have spent several hundred dollars on minimates for parts to make custom Trek figures and I will still purchase any minimates that are Trek even if you make ones I have already made. Now I only wish we would get the battle-ravaged Spock with the Shuttlecraft as well.

I'll post a story once I have pictures, but this series is still a ways off.

For now: three of the Captains will get new looks at TRU. One of the secondary characters will also a new look. None of the secondary characters at TRU are army builders, technically. And only one is an alien, technically.