UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Star Trek - Reincarnated from the Genesis Planet!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please note that I will be buying all of these Star Trek 'mates, so I hope that in some way excuses what I am about to post, but everytime I see a post in this thread, all I can think of is Conan's nerd impression.

Conan-Nerd.gif

CeWHhfM.png

I honestly don't think the lack of a chase variant caused the DC line to fold. That line was unlike any line we have done before or since, INCLUDING Thundercats, and there were multiple toy companies involved, so I don't think we can point any fingers at why it truly ended.

Both specialty and TRU Trek: Legacy assortments will be 4-3-3-2 -- I believe Archer gets the short stick in this particular assortment. Standard Marvel is still 4-4-3-1, but I think the Iron Man 3 specialty assortment will be 4-4-2-2, like the ASM assortment.

I honestly don't think the lack of a chase variant caused the DC line to fold. That line was unlike any line we have done before or since, INCLUDING Thundercats, and there were multiple toy companies involved, so I don't think we can point any fingers at why it truly ended.

Honestly, I think the fact that three waves of solid figures came out in pretty quick succession and then were followed by longer waits for more C & D list characters is where the finger can be pointed. I think that's the fear here is that there might be a few solid waves of A-listers, but not enough clout to carry it long term. I don't think that'll happen, but it just depends on how these get released.

Both specialty and TRU Trek: Legacy assortments will be 4-3-3-2 -- I believe Archer gets the short stick in this particular assortment. Standard Marvel is still 4-4-3-1, but I think the Iron Man 3 specialty assortment will be 4-4-2-2, like the ASM assortment.

Don't want to keep going on about it, but any idea when we can hear the case assortment for the TRU Trek: Legacy? I'm getting too excited waiting thumbsup.gif

I noticed a page back, several of you wished that Playmates Star Trek had been in the 3 3/4" scale so that you could play with your Star Wars as well. Just thought I'd remind everybody that Hasbro now has the Star Trek line and is planning 3 3/4" scale figures. And if history tells us anything about Hasbro, they'll make figures from other movies or comics (ex. the Wolverine and Iron Man lines with the Comic Versions vs. the Movie Versions)... Just something to think about!

I noticed a page back, several of you wished that Playmates Star Trek had been in the 3 3/4" scale so that you could play with your Star Wars as well. Just thought I'd remind everybody that Hasbro now has the Star Trek line and is planning 3 3/4" scale figures.

That's the first I've read about 3 3/4" Trek figures coming from Hasbro. I knew they picked up the construction set category for their KRE-O line but I didn't know they had the action figure category as well.

I noticed a page back, several of you wished that Playmates Star Trek had been in the 3 3/4" scale so that you could play with your Star Wars as well. Just thought I'd remind everybody that Hasbro now has the Star Trek line and is planning 3 3/4" scale figures.

That's the first I've read about 3 3/4" Trek figures coming from Hasbro. I knew they picked up the construction set category for their KRE-O line but I didn't know they had the action figure category as well.

DST had been trying to market a 3 3/4" TOS line in recent years and couldn't get the retailers to buy it. If Hasbro is successful in getting a similar line out for the movie I'd be surprised, since the last wave is still easy to find rotting on the pegs.

There was a press release on Collider back in Feb. It stated that they had acquired the license after Playmates lost it, and that they would be not only producing the Kre-O line, but also Star Trek roleplaying toys, as well as other unannounced products. It's just been speculated by every toy source that 3 3/4" is a no brainer, its just Hasbro's thing. I think we'll probably see more info once Toy Fair and SDCC rolls around.

I also apologize for not posting a link, but I'm using my iPad and I can't get this thing to copy and paste to save my life.

There was a press release on Collider back in Feb. It stated that they had acquired the license after Playmates lost it, and that they would be not only producing the Kre-O line, but also Star Trek roleplaying toys, as well as other unannounced products. It's just been speculated by every toy source that 3 3/4" is a no brainer, its just Hasbro's thing. I think we'll probably see more info once Toy Fair and SDCC rolls around.

I also apologize for not posting a link, but I'm using my iPad and I can't get this thing to copy and paste to save my life.

It would be great to see a 3 3/3" line, but I'm going to be really pissed off if I run down a wave of characters to find that I can't get a full crew because the subsequent waves got cancelled.

Given how poorly Playmates' last Trek line performed, it wouldn't surprise me if CBS didn't renew the action figure license. However, fans are raving about the TMNT line. Playmates may be able to pull off a decent figure line for Trek... assuming they still have the license for that category.

At this point I'm just a curious spectator. As much as I've enjoyed collecting 3 3/4" figures over the last four decades, I can't justify $10 figures at this scale. Make mine Minimates.

Nice pics, Wink! I really need to build a bridge set for my TOS crew. I found one that's 1/50 scale that I may mess around with to get it to work.

Try the 1/35 TOS Bridge Model put out by AMT, it's a perfect fir for minimates. In fact I think there's a thread or two that talks about it somewhere...

I just had an idea that DST could do for helping the fans and collectors out: They could make a Star Trek Enterprise box set that has Tucker, Sato, Mayweather and T'Pol with a Porthos. Then make one more two pack with Phlox and Reed. The Box Set could include parts to convert Tucker, Sato & T'Pol into their Environmental Suits as well with enough extra parts for Archer. Then we could also get the parts for teh Environmental Suits with Phlox and Reed.

Then DST coud make a box set for the Wrath of Kahn with one of Kahn's followers, Terrell, Dr. Carol Marcus and Chekov. Then they could make a two pack of Dr David Marcus and Saavik with extra parts to have them being the Away Team Coats.

Then a DS9 Box set could inlcude Odo, the female Founder, Kira and Quark with Nog. Then second box set could be Bashir, Jadzia Dax, Worf & Morn with Jake. A special two pack could be O'Brien and Rom.

Then a Star Trek First Contact box set could be Riker, Troi, LaForge & Crusher. Then a second box set a new style Borg Drone or Starfleet officer being transformed to a drone, Sloan, Cochrane & Worf. A special two pack could be Data & Hawk with parts to make Date borgified. Could even do a special two pack with Picard and Sloan in their holodeck outfits from the movie with a tommy gun for Picard to fire at the Borg.

Then they could likely make two box sets for Voyager. 1) Janeway, Chakotay (with Maquis parts), Tuvok & Paris. 2) Paris, Kim, Neelix, & Torres (with Maquis Parts) then a chaser two pack with Seven of Nine as a drone with parts to convert her to a non-borg and Kes. That would complete the crew and make collectors happy.

Then they can depending upon success, make random variations of the character with aliens from the episode the variant is from if there is one or another character from that episode.

Just my thoughts as I did my 2 miles this morning.

I would have skipped the quarter mile where you planned out an Enterprise Box Set. I doubt that will ever happen. But we never say never.

Why all the hate towards ENT? We're talking about a series that had one pilot, lasted four seasons, and was only cancelled once. Unlike TOS which had two pilots, only lasted three seasons, and was cancelled twice but still managed to get five series, a boxed set, and a vehicle! tongue.png

But we never say never.

So, you're saying there's a chance for a retail pach of DSTZach & DSTChuck??

If they ever released a wave with Jedzia Dax, they could make the variant Ezri Dax... Gods I'd kill for an Ezri Dax...

This would be great as an army builder. Pack with an army builder alien race type, add in extra head and hairpiece to make First Contact uniform style Jadzia and Ezri Dax, then we can buy multiples for S7 Kira, First Contact Crusher and Troi! Plus buying 2 packs just to display both Jadzia and Ezri!

Edited by monkeycrumb

Kira was in a red (command) starfleet uniform in the final season of DS9, but after she was first promoted in the Bajoran Militia from Major to Colonel she went from orangish red to a dark blue. After Bajor became an official member of the Federation, she was changed to the Starfleet uniform.

Seven of Nine could have several variants. Borg Seven of Nine, Silver suit Seven of Nine, Blue suit Seven of Nine and Purple suit Seven of Nine, plus there was an episode she work the Starfleet Uniform (blue for sciences). I would love to have a Borg Seven. Come to think of it, they could make a Seven of Nine box set. Could make the Purple suit Seven of Nine actualy have the parts to make her be Borg Seven of Nine, and then have the parts to convert her to human along with the Silver, Blue and Uniform versions all in the boxt set together and it could come with an Alcove.

I am a fan of Enterprise and wish it would have lasted longer. I just started working out again after getting out of the routine, so 2 miles is all I can do now before my knee gives out. But I also, thought if the vehicle is successful, I hope we can see the Enterprise-D with Picard, the Voyager with Janeway, the Defiant with Worf (eventhough Sisko was the captain) and then NX-01 with Archer (maybe in an away team jacket). Then we could branch out to alien vehicles: Kor with a Klingon Battle Cruiser (TOS), Chang with a Bird of Prey, Dukat with a Cardassian Ship, a Ferengi with a Maurader, Paris with the Delta Flyer, Spock with the Shuttlecraft, Wesley Crusher with a Shuttlepod, A TNG Shuttlecraft with Data or O'Brien. This could go on and on.