UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Star Trek - Reincarnated from the Genesis Planet!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zach, quick question: Has it been 100% confirmed yet if the bridge chair is removable from the Enterprise vehicle yet?

I recall that question being asked and answered in the negative, for some disappointing reason. I hope I'm wrong. The ships would have a lot more display value if the chairs were removable.

The TRU wave will hopefully have a Klingon in it. If we are aiming for high ranking officials, how about Commander Kruge from ST 3 or Worf or Gowron from TNG / DS9.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Is it not possible that we'll get new Star Trek Kirk?

If you're referring to the Chris Pine flavored Kirk, then no. The new films are under a different license. Maybe someday.

Sulu was captain of the Excelsior.

Spock made it to captain's rank. Not sure about Scotty.

I think Worf only made it to Commander.

Riker definitely made it to captain.

Yeah, that's what I meant. By the way, here's the new wave (seems like it hasn't been posted yet):

0vTUVxG.jpg

Looks like Borg chick's upper torso can be removed like in the movie. Did she have a little spider body it attached to, or am I mixing this up with a fever dream?

And Zach, please tell me Kirk has an alternate "KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!" head!

Edited by karamazov80

This is amazing (and long overdue) news. Excited to see Enterprise represented, and the Wrath of Khan assortment is amazing. I hope this contines in much the same way we all hope it does.

I'd still like to see the Galileo shuttle resurrected - I thought that was a great design converteds into the minimate brand.

Question: Is the TRU wave going to be evenly packed?

I'd love to see TRU get a 2-pack with a new generic Borg and TNG-outfit Worf! This would make it an instant army-builder pack, because I assume Worf's sash would be a removable piece, then you can easily make a lot of Worf variants with other 2-packs.

For example: buy two Sisko / Jem Hadar and 2 of the Worf & Borg sets, then you have 2 each of the Jem Hadar & Borg, you can customize a DS9 Worf with your extra Sisko, and the extra male TNG Gold uniform can be saved for a future DS9 O'Brien pack to make a TNG O'Brien! (or extra crewmen, Barclay, etc)

Basically, a lot of the Starfleet uniforms are army-builder material on their own, and this would be the best way to get more of our crew variants done without sacrificing slots for other figures, or just giving us more crewmen.

Plus, I want more Borg pieces to customize more Borg!

I’m a causal Trek fan but this wave really interest me, I can say anything about it no one else hasn’t already, so I won’t. Instead I’ll say this:

When I think of characters I’d like minimates of I sound like the Swedish Chef has lost his damn mind and is babbling to himself (GEORDI! ODO! QUARK! WORF! BORG!)

I’m a causal Trek fan but this wave really interest me, I can say anything about it no one else hasn’t already, so I won’t. Instead I’ll say this:

When I think of characters I’d like minimates of I sound like the Swedish Chef has lost his damn mind and is babbling to himself (GEORDI! ODO! QUARK! WORF! BORG!)

I always thought he was saying 'borg borg borg' too.

I'm loving how each set comes with some weird alien (the Xindi, Jem Haddar, Borg, William Shatner) and am wondering if some of them will have alternate faces similar to what was done with Gul Dukat.

Runepp was the best part of the episode, as far as I'm concerned. The rest of it was worth skipping.

I dunno I hear the Actor was a total drama queen to work with ;)

T.

p.s. I can't be the only one to get why you're overly fond of this Character?

Question: Is the TRU wave going to be evenly packed?

God, I hope so. If they're not short-packing figures in the specialty assortments, I don't see why they would with TRU's assortments.

I'd love to see TRU get a 2-pack with a new generic Borg and TNG-outfit Worf! This would make it an instant army-builder pack, because I assume Worf's sash would be a removable piece, then you can easily make a lot of Worf variants with other 2-packs.

I'm all for generic Borg but only if they come with oodles of parts to mix and match like you suggested. Borg drones are pretty individually unique. (Luke will need to make some Borg alcoves for us!)

Basically, a lot of the Starfleet uniforms are army-builder material on their own, and this would be the best way to get more of our crew variants done without sacrificing slots for other figures, or just giving us more crewmen.

Except for any rank pins or department insignias, yeah, the uniforms lend themselves well to army building. Those tiny pins would be simple enough to paint over. The braids on the sleeves would be a little tricker.

Runepp was the best part of the episode, as far as I'm concerned. The rest of it was worth skipping.

I dunno I hear the Actor was a total drama queen to work with wink.png

T.

"Drama queen?"

"DRAMA QUEEN?!"

If insisting on singing his dialogue makes Runepp a drama queen, well then you simply don't appreciate creative inspiration!

I think I'm about the only person here who's still hoping for more classic Trek guys. Not the ones we've already gotten, mind you. I don't want any re-releases. But I sure could go for some more of those crazy aliens.

You're not alone.

The great irony is that the TOS costumes should sell pretty well in a year when Abrams' Trek is being released. I wouldn't be opposed to a special gift box set for TRU of the original bridge crew, kinda like a "Best of" offering for new collectors. But to have five series and a boxed set that focused almost exclusively on TOS was overkill. I like the new assortments and hope it's wildly successful.

But yeah, when the time is right, bring on the crazy aliens from TOS (and TAS)!

I dunno I hear the Actor was a total drama queen to work with wink.png

T.

"Drama queen?"

"DRAMA QUEEN?!"

If insisting on singing his dialogue makes Runepp a drama queen, well then you simply don't appreciate creative inspiration!

>>I think I'm about the only person here who's still hoping for more classic Trek guys. Not the ones we've already gotten, mind you. I don't want any re-releases. But I sure could go for some more of those crazy aliens.

You're not alone.

The great irony is that the TOS costumes should sell pretty well in a year when Abrams' Trek is being released. I wouldn't be opposed to a special gift box set for TRU of the original bridge crew, kinda like a "Best of" offering for new collectors. But to have five series and a boxed set that focused almost exclusively on TOS was overkill. I like the new assortments and hope it's wildly successful.

But yeah, when the time is right, bring on the crazy aliens from TOS (and TAS)!

I could get behind a Bridge Set boxed set for newbies. Heck, I wouldn't even mind picking up one... and I already have duplicates of all the TOS stuff.

I never watched any of the non-Kirk series other than DS9, which I enjoyed and am happy that others are digging these. I like them alot too, even if I'm not familiar with the characters as much as others. Even the aliens make me happy, as I can hopefully put the heads/hands on different bodies and make up my own characters.

It's those TOS aliens I'm really wanting.

A Salt-Vampire, an Andorian, Romulan & Klingon for army building and a few others and I'd be satisfied. To be honest, I'd really like a new version of the Gorn with a sculpted head.

Edited by Mystery Man

Except for any rank pins or department insignias, yeah, the uniforms lend themselves well to army building. Those tiny pins would be simple enough to paint over. The braids on the sleeves would be a little tricker.

No custom minimates this time but minimate related.....

my TNG minimates need somewhere to hang out so yesterday i built a bridge based on the layout of the Defiant, it needs a little more work but it's been designed into section's so it can be put together as a whole and taken apart to photograph.

bridge001.JPG

bridge002.JPG

bridge003.jpg

then i thought every ship needs a sickbay so...............

sickbad001.JPG

sickbay002.JPG

Back in 2008 it was tricky, with the first contact uniforms its easier, I'll try and post pics