UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Star Trek - Reincarnated from the Genesis Planet!

I don't recall seeing Sisko in the vest...

At the risk of sounding like more of a Trek fan than I am in reality, I happen to know off the top of my head where Sisko wore the vest. It was the first episode of DS9 to feature the grey collar uniforms. Season 5 episode 10 - "Rapture" (when I say 'off the top of my head', I mean that I remember seeing him wearing the vest and after a minute of thinking through it, I recalled what happened in the episode. I then looked up the episode number)

Incidentally, I always thought it was weird seeing Sisko wearing the vest undearneath the unzipped full uniform (see image). But the mate (sans outter jacket) looks awesome smile.png

post-37-0-28451400-1360604166_thumb.png

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't recall seeing Sisko in the vest...

At the risk of sounding like more of a Trek fan than I am in reality, I happen to know off the top of my head where Sisko wore the vest. It was the first episode of DS9 to feature the grey collar uniforms. Season 5 episode 10 - "Rapture" (when I say 'off the top of my head', I mean that I remember seeing him wearing the vest and after a minute of thinking through it, I recalled what happened in the episode. I then looked up the episode number)

Incidentally, I always thought it was weird seeing Sisko wearing the vest undearneath the unzipped full uniform (see image). But the mate (sans outter jacket) looks awesome smile.png

Thank you for refreshing my memory, I now recall the episode but I never really recalled what Sisko wore.

Anyway, I will do my best to get three of each two pack, so I can then make Picard from First Contact where he wore the vest while hunting the Borg that were converting his ship.

I can't wait.

Would never have guessed for a Cardassian, because it was said there would be no army builders in the TRU line but then we get a new Borg but not sure it is Hugh, but I am glad to get new Borg parts.

Zach was replying to my comment that there weren't any duplicates/chase figures in these assortments. There are army-builder characters but only one each per assortment. The "variant packed with a duplicate army builder" formula does not apply to this line.

I was surprised to see a Cardassian, too, but only because the last line left off with one. A double-faced Cardassian woudl be great but I've read that it's somehow harder/more expensive to get that tampo to line up on the head than it is to include a seperate head. I can't say I understand the mechanics of it but I'd love to try.

I think it is interesting that there are only 6 mates in this wave. Will there be a chaser set that just hasn't been announced yet?

I hope not. I know some characters are more popular than others but a one-per-case chase would just piss me off.

I was surprised to see a Cardassian, too, but only because the last line left off with one. A double-faced Cardassian woudl be great but I've read that it's somehow harder/more expensive to get that tampo to line up on the head than it is to include a seperate head. I can't say I understand the mechanics of it but I'd love to try.

I'm just taking guesses here, but I'm going to say the problem is that with the round head piece if it's a singular face, it can go anywhere around that head piece but if there's two faces, they have to be exactly opposite of each other and the shape of the head piece could lead tampos being offset and the possibility of a side-face

I'm just taking guesses here, but I'm going to say the problem is that with the round head piece if it's a singular face, it can go anywhere around that head piece but if there's two faces, they have to be exactly opposite of each other and the shape of the head piece could lead tampos being offset and the possibility of a side-face

In the past, they've made it seem like the difficulty was in aligning the faces, one opposite the other. But they've managed to successfully print a spider-web pattern around that cylindrical head and get the back to match up beautifully. That problem wouldn't exist with two faces, assuming they were part of the same tampo.

I understand the difficulty if they're printing one face at a time but why do it that way? I'd print it just like Spidey's mask; as one tampo, not a separate front and back.

The last Cardassian had two faces on the one head and it was just fine. There can't really be a problem. I think it is a good idea. I am all for the double face and it could be done as just a single tampo and wrapped around the head. Either way, I am excited to get more official Star Trek minimates.

Do we know what the TRU Assortment will have in it? Wouldn't it be the same only with a limited package of one of the sets? If TRU is getting different characters, please tell me where I can see a list or pictures so I can set aside cash so in July I can snag them all up for my local TRU.

All four TRU packs will be different from the specialty packs. Half different characters, half the same characters in different outfits. We have not revealed the lineup yet.

And sorry to speak for people, what I actually MEANT to say was that a LOT of people don't LIKE having to TRACK DOWN the TRU exclusives, ESPECIALLY the OVERSEAS collectors. So not at all what I actually said.

But seriously, whenever I announce a TRU exclusive, somebody on Facebook gets up in arms. There are retailers who think we're trying to kill the LCS, which is pretty much the opposite of the case.

Hey all,

So looking at Zach's post, there is still another pack of Toys R Us exclusives to show. Reading between the lines (and after what we've been shown) all that's left to see would be an alternative Kirk / Khan set...... Any ideas?

Take care,

Matty-lad

We alredy have a Dress Uniform Kirk, but we could tolerate a Khan in the golden tunic that he wore in "Space Seed" when he joined Kirk and the crew for the Captain's Dinner. So if they wanted to shake things up, Lt. Givers who left Starfleet to become Khan's wife could be a welcome addition to the ST Mates Collection.

Not sure there are any other necessary variations of Kirk needed other than him in the Environmental Suit form "The Tholian Web". Then we would need McCoy, Spock and Chekov in the suit as well. (Could even have it in a transparent version to look as a ghostly figure like Uhura saw phasing in and out of our realm.

Edited by Captain Paco

We alredy have a Dress Uniform Kirk, but we could tolerate a Khan in the golden tunic that he wore in "Space Seed" when he joined Kirk and the crew for the Captain's Dinner. So if they wanted to shake things up, Lt. Givers who left Starfleet to become Khan's wife could be a welcome addition to the ST Mates Collection.

Not sure there are any other necessary variations of Kirk needed other than him in the Environmental Suit form "The Tholian Web". Then we would need McCoy, Spock and Chekov in the suit as well. (Could even have it in a transparent version to look as a ghostly figure like Uhura saw phasing in and out of our realm.

You mean a little like this:-

p1010255.jpg

Take care,

Matty-lad

I asked already on FB and Zach said that the Kirk/Kahn pack will be in both LCS and TRU assortments. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Disappointing, but understandable. That means one less pack for wave 1 :(

We better get several waves out of this new line or I'm going to be very unhappy!

I can understand Seven coming with Janeway. As someone else pointed out, it's odd that Voyager gets another crewman before TNG & DS9. But really, outside of the main crew, there's not much I'd want from Voyager. Same goes for Enterprise, although there are a few things outside the crew I'd want, and a few variants including space suits. But TNG, DS9, TOS and the movies are where I want to see the line go deep catalog.

Wave 2 better have some new never-before-minimated TNG & DS9 crewmembers!

You mean a little like this:-

p1010255.jpg

Take care,

Matty-lad

Beautiful!

Not sure why the two faces are more of a problem.

I THINK I said TRU has NO army builders, since the Borg is Hugh and the Cardassian is Gul Dukat. But I guess you can still army build them.

Not positive of case assortments. I'm assuming we'll make more of the TOS and TNG sets. Will check.

Fourth TRU set is TOS Kirk and Khan.

The last Cardassian had two faces on the one head and it was just fine. There can't really be a problem.

You notice we never really did it again, despite numerous figures with alternate heads? Clearly there is a problem.

And I never said that we put out a bunch of crummy heads, I said we had to throw a lot away at the factory because they were off. I don't know why, but it's wasteful, so why not just make a second head? You can show it in the packaging as added incentive to buy. That alone trumps any savings on plastic.

Printing in the round probably costs more, as well. I'm repeatedly told that Spider-Man is one of the most expensive 'Mates to make due to all the tampo. But we have to do it, because it's Spidey. Gul Dukat is no Spidey.

Edited by Zach Oat

Printing in the round probably costs more, as well. I'm repeatedly told that Spider-Man is one of the most expensive 'Mates to make due to all the tampo. But we have to do it, because it's Spidey. Gul Dukat is no Spidey.

And yet, how long has it been since we got a decent Spidey with full tampos? :(

Not sure why the two faces are more of a problem.

I THINK I said TRU has NO army builders, since the Borg is Hugh and the Cardassian is Gul Dukat. But I guess you can still army build them.

Not positive of case assortments. I'm assuming we'll make more of the TOS and TNG sets. Will check.

so a main captain (Janeway) & one of the most popular characters (7 of 9) are going to be a TRU short pack ermm.gif

I understand the overlap between the last line and this reboot so I'll accept another Gul Dukat and add him to my Cardassian army but I'm really hoping that the TOS Kirk & Khan aren't a straight repeat of this set:

pack0429f_lg.jpg

(Hail, Ivan!)

A Kirk variant we haven't already seen would be difficult but Khan had plenty of costume changes.

And yet, how long has it been since we got a decent Spidey with full tampos? sad.png

To be fair, we're talking about heads. Has there even been a Spidey noggin that didn't have the webbing wrap all the way around the head?

And I never said that we put out a bunch of crummy heads, I said we had to throw a lot away at the factory because they were off. I don't know why, but it's wasteful, so why not just make a second head? You can show it in the packaging as added incentive to buy. That alone trumps any savings on plastic.

That makes perfect marketing sense. Better perceived value when you can show the extra face in the package.

So Toy Fair 2013 was here and is now gone, and there has been no discussion on the differences between the Enterprise displayed at Toy Fair and the original prototype we all saw almost a year ago...

Proto...

DMC11802_zpse93af3dc.jpg

Toy Fair 2013 Display...

Enterprise_zps618564a3.jpg

One of the most notable differences are the clear Bussard Collectors on the Nacelles. They look way better than the original painted ones on the prototype. Also the panel line detail on the Saucer Section is now gone on the display model. Looking at this, I like it a lot better. And finally, the windows are painted on in the display model, rather than molded like on the proto. Overall I like the final version better...

Zach, can you tell us if that's the exact style stand that we'll be getting for display, because if it is, you just made me a whole lot happier. I hate weak flimsy and wobbly display stands like most of the older DST Starship Legends ships had...

Due to my lack of interest, I merely skimmed over the Toy Fair images of the Enterprise. You're right; there have been some subtle but significant changes to the prototype we saw last year. I like that the captain's chair is removable. The smooth hull should lend itself better to repaints (battle damage, the inevitable ISS variant, etc). And that stand gets the ship pretty high off the shelf.

I know I've done little but complain about this offering but it's grown on me. Now that we're getting more Trek Minimates, this is starting to look like the centerpiece of a fine display. Dang.

But does it light up, vibrate, or do my taxes?

Toy Fair Enterprise is closer to production. We never have clear parts in prototypes. Gul Dukat has one head. Janeway will be more common at TRU than at specialty, but she's still not as popular as Kirk and Picard. The TOS set will be different, but feel free to skip it if you feel like it.