UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Star Trek - Reincarnated from the Genesis Planet!

3 hours ago, MisterPL said:

"You broke your little ships."

I cannot Jodi Foster that behaviour! 

From first contact to contact I’ll be here allll week. Don’t forget to tip your server and ask for the dessert menu.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the success CBS All Access has had with Star Trek Discovery and Picard, and the announcement of the new Star Trek series with Captain Pike, one would think they would do some sort of tie-in to get the Fans some merchandise.  I would be all in for Minimates of Discovery and some of Picard, but would really like Minimates for the new Pike series as they would tie in to the TOS series.  Also a box set of Burnham, Stamets, Tilly and Saru could come with some parts to make other crew members and then a special two pack could be Starfleet Captain Lorca and Section 31 Georgio (with parts to her in her Terran Empress attire and parts to make Lorca in his Terran uniform.)  Also a Klingon Torchbearer set would be awesome (L'Rell, Voq, and two other Klingon heads of houses and the human Tyler parts could be to make Stamets into Tyler).

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2020 at 2:19 PM, Big Ape said:

They won’t even float a TNG boxset. As much as I want more Star Trek Minimates, I don’t think it’s going to happen. 

Which is basically saying keep your money we don’t need it or want it.

They still have the license. How hard is it to do a concept of a specialty market-friendly 4-pack featuring Picard, Worf, Data, and Dr. Crusher with enough extra parts to make LaForge, Riker, Yar, and Troi?

If they want me to do it, I'll do it but they better get it in front of retailers.

That’s what kills me there are so many great ways to do this 4 pack. You could even just do a red shirt, blue shirt, yellow shirt base parts for variations and then an enemy like a Borg, Romulan, or a Klingon. It’s not like we are insisting that every character be made but come on. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes, DST.  Let's see some new Trek Minimates.  For Discovery: we could get by with a four or five figure box set as the uniform is simple enough for multiple figures to use the same body parts.  So Burnham, Lorca, Stamets all with extra parts to make other crew members and Saru and a Klingon.  Could also do Burnham and Georgiou in the Desert Attire as a two pack but with parts to make them into Mirror versions. There are also all the Enterprise Crew that appear in the Discovery uniforms.  Jett Reno as well.  Doctor Huber and Tilly are also full of potential

Could even do a box set of crew from Strange New Worlds: Pike, Spock and Number One along with a red shirt with parts to make other Enterprise crew members. 

This thread is exhausting. I’m exhausted by leading this horse to water. Clearly there is demand for this product from consumers. Do a crowd funding 4 pack if you don’t want to be embarrassed by having to pull things like Jackie Chan and John Wick. 

Holding back my huge rant, modern Trek is not really Trek and the shows suck. Opinion, I know. The problem is that too many people agree with me for the shows to drive any toy sales. I would buy Trek mates just in the hope of getting some older stuff. But there just wouldn't be enough interest. Trek is in the same death spiral as Star Wars. And personally, I think it would be a bad business decision to make merchandise based on either franchise at the current time. Sad as I am to say so.

1 hour ago, cylonchaney said:

Holding back my huge rant, modern Trek is not really Trek and the shows suck. Opinion, I know. The problem is that too many people agree with me for the shows to drive any toy sales. 

I felt the same way about the prequel trilogy of Star Wars but it still yielded cool toys.
And with action figures, you can create adventures that don't suck! ? ?

The biggest challenge with Star Trek (or any other content exclusive to a streaming service) is that, when it's behind a paywall, there's little chance of consumers stumbling upon it while channel-surfing. Hopefully when Discovery airs on broadcast TV more folks will find it and enjoy it.

(And the only real Trek is TNG and "The Cage". TOS is NBC Trek.)

3 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

This thread is exhausting. I’m exhausted by leading this horse to water. Clearly there is demand for this product from consumers. Do a crowd funding 4 pack if you don’t want to be embarrassed by having to pull things like Jackie Chan and John Wick. 

Yup. With the right combination of characters and parts, a TNG 4-pack could encourage multiple purchases (three or four) if collectors want to use the mix & match play pattern to create the entire bridge crew from different seasons.

40 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

Yup. With the right combination of characters and parts, a TNG 4-pack could encourage multiple purchases (three or four) if collectors want to use the mix & match play pattern to create the entire bridge crew from different seasons.

100% especially since the Star Trek mates don’t show Breasts or chests apparently. So that means we need one Red, one Blue, one Yellow and a Klingon, Romulan, or a Borg. And you have a set. It’s not really rocket science and it’s such low hanging fruit it makes me furious. Like don’t go into the basement horror movie angry.

10 minutes ago, buttheadsmate said:

I referred to MMDB before posting ...er... my...er... spectacular post & Janaway is the only undefined female ST character . 

Yes, but I only care about TNG and above. So if she is their "default" they don't care about breasts.

17 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

I hadn't realised that ,then that is the way forward .  

I wish that DST could produce just one 'FF Thing' that doesn't have three different looks in a single figure .:confused:   

Wow... I had forgotten that! Then yeah we could have two star fleet officers, a Romulan and a Borg. Just make sure to give us a Worf head.

This is where I get to play the nitpicky Trekker. ?

Borg are like zombies; no two are alike. They have similar features but they're not identical, either as assimilated species or by Borg implants. The best way to offer Borg would be with a Crazy 88s-style 4-pack, with multiple accessories and alien noggins to really take advantage of the mix & match play pattern AND encourage multiple purchases for hardcore army-builders.

Klingons also have similar uniforms but they're not identical. I'd prefer to see TNG-era Klingons offered as character-specific. Sculpts could probably be reused for cloaks and tunics but the deco should change depending on the character. That said, one of these specific characters would probably lend himself well to an army-builder by adding some extra portraits.

Romulans would work. Like Cardassians, they're generally just a headswap away from being different, specific characters. Sculpt the signature hairpiece to include the forehead and you could turn Counselor Troi into a Romulan spy.