UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Star Trek - Reincarnated from the Genesis Planet!

The more and more I hear about the Picard show the more I think it’s going to be a hit and I am irrationally mad at DST we don’t have TNG mates. GET IT TOGETHER CHUCK!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, youbastards said:

But guys, Next Gen doesn't have a proven track record of successful merchandising like Kingdom Hearts, Bruce Lee, or Sonic the Hedgehog.

Your sarcasm hurts me.

I think that's true; even with the new movies, Star Trek has slipped pretty far down the pop culture hivemind ladder, and I'm not sure most Trekkies quite understand that yet (at least not the ones that write into AskDST). That doesn't mean I don't think a Next Generation box set wouldn't be a good idea. I think that Chuck's one of those guys that thinks the original show is the center of Trek fandom, and doesn't understand that, for a whole lot of people, TNG is the definitive Star Trek show.

On 7/18/2019 at 9:30 AM, hellpop said:

I think that's true; even with the new movies, Star Trek has slipped pretty far down the pop culture hivemind ladder, and I'm not sure most Trekkies quite understand that yet (at least not the ones that write into AskDST). That doesn't mean I don't think a Next Generation box set wouldn't be a good idea. I think that Chuck's one of those guys that thinks the original show is the center of Trek fandom, and doesn't understand that, for a whole lot of people, TNG is the definitive Star Trek show.

Well hopefully this weekend changes his mind as the number of impressions this week for the show have been staggering. I don’t think that it has fallen too far out of favour I think the reboot series though didn’t help matters. Where as even Will Wheaton’s appearances on Big Bang Theory (groan) helped elevate the brand. At the end of the day they really should be treated as two distinct properties and TNG deserves to be explored even if it is just two 4-packs. 

18 hours ago, MisterPL said:

Hopefully the merger between CBS and Viacom — and subsequent reunification of the Star Trek franchise — will change things for the better. 

https://trekmovie.com/2019/07/19/cbs-viacom-merger-announcement-expected-soon-star-trek-re-unification-cited-as-factor/

Praise. I remember working on stuff for Idol when it was a FOX show but at a Disney Park.... not the greatest.

• 9 months later...
4 hours ago, MisterPL said:

I was just coming here to post almost the exact same thing.

But we don't want any more TOS-era product, right? That stuff is old. DST wouldn't be interested in that anyway.

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds. I'll be there.

I personally haven’t ever been a real fan of TOS. I do think it’s interesting that there’s “no demand” for Trek but Picard, Discovery, Strange New Worlds and The Worf show that’s been kicking around for a bit are building a corner of All Access. I mean who wants to tap into that premium network with an affluent consumer base. 

This is MY Trek.

To me, Star Trek is all in the mission statement; "Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before!"

The movies were a cash-grab from the start thanks to the success of Star Wars. As much fun as it was to see the original crew reunited after ten years, it should have happened on TV where it began. 

TNG was a step in the right direction; new cast, new crew, new era, same mission aboard another Enterprise. I love DS9 but it's anti-Trek. Instead of VOY, the studio should have written off any TNG cast members who were too expensive to keep, promote others, and move forward.

ENT was an opportunity to do a reimagining with the same cast playing the classic crew with a twist, similar to Battlestar Galactica

As much as I'm enjoying Discovery, I still wanted a series that takes place aboard the Enterprise. Strange New Worlds is it.

Now give me some Minimates to go with it.

18 hours ago, The Rise of Justice said:

Hello not sure where to post this, but here it goes.

Does any have an extra head and hair for Captain Pike that came with the one version of the Enterprise. 

Thank you for time.

I respect your need for a 'Pike'  head & hair but I JUST HAVE TO SAY that neither of the Pike Minimates bear any resemblance to  each other or Jeffrey Hunter . Minimate faces are pretty sparse of features  but the 2 versions of 'Minimate Pike' can't even 'agree' on what colour his eyes were . Jeffrey Hunter had BLUE eyes & a very clean-cut hair-style.  

My point is that the Minimate Pike head aint to clever on this occasion. Just saying.

Ivan's Database will direct you to many blue=eyed all American clean-cut heroes & I would look no further than the several versions of Captain America's head albeit with a dark hairpiece from A.N. Other.  

Whilst researching 'Pike' on the MMDB I was surprised that Ivan shows Jeffrey Hunter was in fact ,Peter Parker in SM3.....who knew ?  Just goes to show that even gods are fallible.

• 2 weeks later...

I knocked my Enterprise off the shelf and now I am even more irrationally mad that I don't have more TNG, Voyager, DS9, Discovery (meh I'm not that mad about that).