UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Star Trek - Reincarnated from the Genesis Planet!

I think I have a Mirror Broken decal that I can use that looks almost as good as Linney's or Luke's Star Trek decals.

I will likely print them tomorrow and start applying them to my customs.

I am now looking for Star Trek Enterprise Mirror Uniform decals as well as Star Trek Discovery Uniform decals.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

From Ask DST #397:

Dustin R.
... now that McFarlane Toys has the Star Trek license, what does that mean for you guys and your license? Will you still be doing Star Trek toys? Or is it all going to be McFarlane’s work from here on out?

DSTChuck: ... I am not aware of the McFarlane deal impacting us in any way.

Todd's dog is shitting in your yard, Chuck. Snap out of it.

Has he shown anything besides Kirk and Picard and some Discovery stuff we don;t have the rights to anyway?

The stuff we're working on doesn't really overlap his (ships, props, different eras of characters), and is better, IMHO.

Hey, if Chuck's content being at the mercy of Todd, so be it. Personally I'd be on the phone with my CBS contact asking how two competing Trek licensees can have the same product categories. Maybe he'll start showing some concern when Todd gets that TNG Type II phaser to market before DST.

• 1 month later...

Of course I'd buy every Minimate DST offered based on the films (from any movie, really) but, yeah, their track record isn't inspiring when it comes to this property. With two Trek films in development, another season of Discovery on the way, and a rumored animated series with Patrick Stewart, it should be a good time to be optimistic about the possibilities.

:(

5 hours ago, fwoosheyman said:

When DST finally releases a Trek 4-pack with a couple extra heads/torsos to encourage multiple buys and one of the 4 figures is an army builder alien species w an extra head then I’ll be excited.

That would be icing on the cake. I'd be happy with three uniform colors and an alien.

I'm a sucker for Trek mates and I know you need a captain in there but if DST expects me to buy another Kirk or Picard, they better come packed with something new and cool that I don't already have some version of. I can say I'd buy up a ton of "Fwooshey-packs"! :)

Edited by cylonchaney
add an e to "fwooshey"

Someone at TrekToy just pointed out that the bases that come with DST's new Select Trek figures aren't modeled after transporter pads. They're modeled after the floor of the bridge of the Enterprise.

Now I'm not only wondering if that bodes well for a 7" scale bridge diorama but if it could inspire a Deluxe assortment of Minimates with interlocking bridge components. 

• 4 weeks later...

Now I've never been a big Star Trek minimate fan but I did buy (what I thought) many Borg packs,they were (for me) the best of bad bunch. Sorry to be cruel & candid.

I'm posting because (just out of interest) I've just ebayed Minimates Borg packs just to see whether they are rare/wanted & thereby perhaps interesting .

......er ...No!  Good ol' Minimates Managing seems to have about 90 odd packs at about $11 .....these came out 10 years ago !!!!!

I don't want to knock what others want but seriously if we're going to have more ST 'mates just give me a few good heads & I can do the rest.

Borg are space zombies. No two are alike, despite having been assimilated into a collective. (Imagine The Walking Dead line with one zombie body and "a few good heads.")

What I'm looking for is a Borg 4-pack like the Crazy 88s set from Kill Bill. Four bodies but all with unique tampos front and back. Load it up with alternate heads, headgear, and hands and by mixing the parts around you've got two dozen unique Borg drones. That will be the only Borg SKU DST would ever need to produce for Minimates.

The reason there are still Borg Minimates sets out there is that they weren't designed with that kind of flexibility in mind. You can't get much variety out of them. Three were even character-specific Borg; the Queen, Hugh, and Seven of Nine.

However, thanks to so many shared uniforms, it's the crew members who could use common bodies and accessories with "a few good heads" to fill the ranks of Starfleet.

The MB Borg singles are on clearance at my local Wal-marts and those had a few options for display though not nearly as many as I would like. They are the second most numerous clearance figure. The first? Picard. I hate to say it but there's an awful lot of evidence the fault isn't in the designs.

True, but notice that, like dst, MB only produced the Borg and Picard for their first go round. No follow up, no other characters. That may contribute to the lack of sales.

As much as I love ST:TNG there’s no way product from that show will be a success in a mass market store like Walmart in 2018.

No Star Trek merchandise will be a success in a mass market store unless Trek becomes much more popular. Figures from the Abrams Trek were a dud, so was the Kreo line and Mega Bloks sets.

Edited by fwoosheyman