UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Star Trek - Reincarnated from the Genesis Planet!

On 5/23/2017 at 8:01 AM, MisterPL said:

7843d0e7a611c2fc19c445cd8072c514e9c9c83b

Geez those figures were fun. That's what so few companies miss these days - these were FUN. TMNT gets it, Power Rangers gets it, WWE is so simple they get it.

These figures were also well-made. Fun and well-made. These shouldn't be mysteries for TOYS!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

From Ask DST #363:

Rob P. We just got a pretty great looking trailer for Star Trek: Discovery! Though if I’m honest the Klingon look still isn’t working for me. But, now that we have new characters, uniforms, props and ships, the question remains: Does Star Trek: Discovery fall under your current Trek license? Fingers crossed. Hoping for a yes! Thanks!

DSTChuck: Sorry, no, we do not have rights to
Discovery, but we have recently renewed our contact and expanded our rights.

So that's a no on Discovery product but Chuck continues to insist the rights have expanded. To the last three films? To a larger market? Seriously, what's the big secret?:Dunno:

14 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

From Ask DST #363:

Rob P. We just got a pretty great looking trailer for Star Trek: Discovery! Though if I’m honest the Klingon look still isn’t working for me. But, now that we have new characters, uniforms, props and ships, the question remains: Does Star Trek: Discovery fall under your current Trek license? Fingers crossed. Hoping for a yes! Thanks!

DSTChuck: Sorry, no, we do not have rights to
Discovery, but we have recently renewed our contact and expanded our rights.

So that's a no on Discovery product but Chuck continues to insist the rights have expanded. To the last three films? To a larger market? Seriously, what's the big secret?:Dunno:

The expanded license is going to be that they can now make...  wait for it... Vinimates of the original series crew!!! :yes::devil::timbo:

T.

No Vinimates planned that I am aware of. Not sure if that category is available to us, as there are multiple companies doing product in that space, but I certainly think we should make them, and that they would do well. And for the record, I am not aware of new Minimates, either.

License expansion is not for new categories, as far as I know. I'm sure we'll announce the product as soon as the first items are ready, for maximum impact. Announcing expansion with no pics just lessens the excitement.

Well that's not going to keep us from speculating wildly, leading to crushing disappointment.

So it has nothing to do with Minimates. Hmmm...

I got it: It's a Super Deluxe box set of Season One Minimates featuring every main character and guest star from the first 29 episodes of Star Trek!

3 hours ago, MisterPL said:

Well that's not going to keep us from speculating wildly, leading to crushing disappointment.

:lol:

I want more minimate ships (and minimates).

Abrams Enterprise
USS Vengeance
Spock's Jellyfish
First Contact Enterprise E
Borg Cube, and Sphere
Voyager
TNG Enterprise D

The style and price point would appeal to even non-minimate collectors. Big ships are cool, without doubt, but I'd love to have a set of mini ships on my shelf/desk. Often, accurately depicted, small scale ships lose a lot to poor paint apps and limitations in detail due to scale. But stylised ones can have crisp paint apps, and accentuate the best features.

(Can't wait for mini Aliens dropship! :D:D:D:pray: )

6 hours ago, DSTZach said:

No Vinimates planned that I am aware of. Not sure if that category is available to us, as there are multiple companies doing product in that space, but I certainly think we should make them, and that they would do well. And for the record, I am not aware of new Minimates, either.

License expansion is not for new categories, as far as I know. I'm sure we'll announce the product as soon as the first items are ready, for maximum impact. Announcing expansion with no pics just lessens the excitement.

Sooooo... there's no minimates (maybe), no vinimates (maybe), no new categories (maybe), but a license expansion that doesn't cover Discovery... at least according to Chuck, and Zach was, at the time of that writing, out of the loop as to what it all means.

If this came from anywhere but "Ask DST", I'd call it a cruel rumor. Now it's just an odd tease.

Oh I know what Chuck was referring to, and it has nothing to do with Vinimates or Minimates. BUT if there are additional plans in those areas (I believe I suggested Vinimates for TOS, just not sure what the deal is), I am not privy to those.

If I can be clear about this one thing, it's that I intend to be clearly vague.

Sigh... @DSTZach, you are turning into one heck of a straight man in your old age.

I have always wished we could sell individual MM Enterprises on the website, because it lingered for a long time -- it was sold by the case assortment, and we stopped doing cases for vehicles after this, I believe. But a big order came in recently (I think), and we are down to our last case of the basic ship. You may see more of them at retail at some point.