UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Star Trek - Reincarnated from the Genesis Planet!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Is there any chance of Abrams Trek minimates?

I was watching Into Darkness again the other night and I would love a minimates Enterprise and USS Vengeance. How epic would it be to reenact that stand off scene! For that matter I looked into other models and it seems difficult to find both ships in the same scale. Matchbox does some that are close. And Eaglemoss do some nice ships, but not in scale with each other.

I found my Janeway/Seven of Nine set the other night - totally thought I'd already traded this!

Finding figures you thought were gone is a good indicator one has too many. :( 

Really disappointed that no company really did anything great for Star Trek's 50th. Wish TNG's 30th was getting some love. :(

• 1 month later...

Are we not going to get any MiniMates to celebrate the anniversary of Next Generation?  I really hoped to get at the least a box set for their Anniversary.

I would love to get Star Trek MiniMates in any way we can get them, box set, blind bags and so forth. But I do want to see a limit on repeats on Kirk and Spock unless they are specific to episodes.

City on the Edge of Forever: Spock and Kirk in 1930 attire with Edith Keeler and then add in a McCoy with a drugged facial expression.

Gamesters of Triskelion: Galt: the master thrall, Lars: Uhura's thrall, Tamoon: Chekov's thrall, and Shahna: Kirk's thrall (and there could be collars for Kirk, Chekov and Uhuru as accessories in this set and maybe a bare chest and arms to make Kirk as he was seen in this episode)

Encounter at Farpoint: Troi in minidress uniform, Worf in red uniform, Q in Judge's Robes, Data (then could be parts to make Worf in yellow uniform and to convert Q to Starfleet Uniform) There could be two or three sets for this episode as well. (LaForge in red uniform, Riker without beard, Yar and Dr. Crusher could be one set.  Then there could be a set with O'Brien, Wesley Crusher, Admiral McCoy and Groppler Zorn.)

Qpid: Picard as Robin Hood, Data as Friar Tuck, Vash as Marian, Q as the Sheriff of Nottingham (could include parts to make Vash in another outfit) There could be at least two sets for this episode.  (a five figure pack is possible Troi, Crusher, Riker, Worf & LaForge as Merry Men)

Best of Both Worlds: Picard as Locutus, Commander Shelby, Two Borg Drones with some extra borg parts to make several different drones or to use to make other mates appear to be in the process of becoming drones.)

Menage a Troi: Lwaxana Troi, Damon Tok, Mr. Homn, & Farek (this would give us Ferengi and then open up a future for Quark & Rom)

Just throwing out ideas but I wish we could get some new takes on Star Trek minimates. 

Edited by Captain Paco
added ideas

I would like that set as well but just feel we need more Star Trek Minimates.

There are so many options that are out there for new minimates to become a reality.

11 hours ago, MisterPL said:

With DST's notorious hard-on for everything TOS, I imagine a 4-pack of Trek Minimates commemorating the 30th anniversary of TNG would include Generations Kirk, "Unification" Spock, "Encounter at Farpoint" McCoy, and "Relics" Scotty.

Good one. LOL

Sadly, I'd probably buy that set. :)

I had the thought of two sets that would pay respect to original series but don't include any of the main cast.

The "Mudd's Women" box set with Harcourt Fenton "Harry" Mudd & Eve McHuron, Ruth Bonaventure, & Magda Kovacs.  Those three ladies are the ones that Harry gave an illegal drug to that turned them young and beautiful so he could make a profit selling them to some miners.

The "I, Mudd" box set with Harcourt Fenton "Harry" Mudd & then have a male android, a female android and Stella Mudd (an android of course).

But to focus on TNG with it being the 30th anniversary year, I would like to see the Encounter at Farpoint box sets (as to get the right mix, you need at least two) along with maybe an All Good Things box set or two.

As I said before "Encounter at Farpoint" set 1 could be Picard, Miniskirt Troi, Q in judge's robes (with parts to make him in a Starfleet uniform) and LaForge in a red uniform.  "Encounter at Farpoint" set 2 could be Data, Worf in red uniform, Yar and Dr. Crusher.

Then the "All Good Things" box set 1 could be Retired Picard, Professor Data, Governor Worf and Journalist LaForge.  "All Good Things" box set 2 could then be Admiral Riker, Captain Beverly Picard, Past O'Brien, Troi in casual attire from opening sequence after her date with Worf.

But even a box set from each of the TNG Movies would work somewhat.

Generations: Kirk, Soran, Picard & Data or Guinan

First Contact: Picard in tuxedo, Lily, Cochrane & one of the members of the Vulcan landing party or a Borg Drone

Insurrection: Picard, Ru'afo, Anji and Data

Nemesis: Shizon, B4, Viceroy and Tal'aura

Teh tB

On 4/25/2017 at 7:15 AM, MisterPL said:

With DST's notorious hard-on for everything TOS, I imagine a 4-pack of Trek Minimates commemorating the 30th anniversary of TNG would include Generations Kirk, "Unification" Spock, "Encounter at Farpoint" McCoy, and "Relics" Scotty.

Hahahaha, I'm laughing so hard because I could totally see this.

I'm pretty much out of the Minimate game, but I would LOVE a TNG set, especially if the package was neat. Like the saucer section, or an interpretation of the bridge. But only if it includes all nine main characters. No Tasha, no buy. Like, I LOVE that DST made Nurse Ogawa - she was always my top write-in figure (once Tasha was made). But to have her, and Ro Laren, but no Tasha? Seriously giant gap. 

A TNG main character set could be like Playmates old TOS Bridge Crew set, which was awesome. Once augmented with Rand and Chapel.

• 3 weeks later...