UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Star Trek - Reincarnated from the Genesis Planet!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see the Kirk and Pike options, the McCoy issue looks like it could work but the one you suggested for Spock, I am not feeling it so will have to see it in person when I get home and look at my extra zombie mates.

I just wish I had the parts to do it. Star Trek parts are pricey now and hard to come by.

Just had a thought about a Star Trek 50th Anniversary wave of two pack mates.

Five two packs that are likely to get people who are Star Trek fans to purchase as well as MiniMates fans.

Wave One:

TOS: Gangster Kirk and Bela Oxmyx

TNG: Data as Sherlock Holmes and Geordi LaForge as Watson (and could contain parts to make them both in their Starfleet Uniforms)

DS9: Worf in his command uniform while on the series (with parts to make him in his TNG uniform) and Quark

VGR: Chakotay and Tuvok in their Maquis attire (with parts to make them in their Starfleet uniforms)

ENT: T'Pol and Trip (and could include Porthos to go with Archer)

Wave Two:

TOS: Kirk and Uhura from Plato's Stepchildren

TNG: Troi as a Romulan (with parts to make her Starfleet Uniforma) and Sub-Commander Sela (with parts to make Tasha Yar)

DS9: Kira (with parts to make her in a Starfleet Uniform) and Odo

VGR: Paris and Kim with parts to make them in their racing uniforms

ENT: Mayweather and Hoshi or Reed and Phlox.

and if we are lucky to get a wave three:

ENT: Reed and Phlox or Mayweather and Hoshi

VGR: Torres and Neelix

DS9: Bashir and O'Brien (with parts to make him in his TNG Uniform)

TNG: Dr. Crusher and Picard in 1940's attire from Dixon Hill Holodeck program.

TOS: Kirock and Miramanee from "The Paradise Syndrome"

Edited by Captain Paco

I think we can all agree Star Trek is just screaming for extra parts included in each set, if not just head swaps exactly like Wave 60.

I can't imagine not thinking that Wave 60 wasn't a huge hit in part because of extra parts. A lot of us would have bought extra sets without the bonus heads and parts, but the fact that DST went out of their way to specifically market the set as including extra parts for casual fans is such a smart move. It also is a no-brainer for Star Trek where uniforms are the norm.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

It doesn't matter anymore to me. I'm overwhelmed with Kirks, Spocks, and Picards. And that's certainly what we'd see if they came back.

I'd buy a wave or boxset with one re-captain if the rest of the characters were new and desireable. For me, that means aliens and the missing uniform colors for next gen. Hmm. Maybe I'd buy a nazi-planet Kirk. LOL

if they have to have the Captains (and we all know they do) in any box set or wave, I'd be ok with:

TOS: Klingon Kirk

TNG: Romulan or Lieutenant (blue) Picard

DS9: TOS Red Shirt Sisko

VOY: 23rd century uniform Janeway (from "Flashback" episode, featuring Sulu's Excelsior)

ENT: Mirror universe or spacesuit Archer

at least these could be used for other characters with a head/hands swap.

just my $0.02

i would take Romulan Kirk, don't recall him being a Klingon on TOS. I would take both LT Picard in the science blue and Romulan Picard if we also got Romulan Data and Romulan Troi. I would take gold shirt Sisko and red shirt O'Brien from "Trials and Tribble-ations". I would like to see "Flashback" Janeway if we can get Tuvok and Sulu from that episode as well. Mirror Universe Archer would be nice and would hope we get Mirror Universe T'Pol, Tucker, Empress Sato and an Orion Woman in mirror universe uniform. I would like to also get space suits of all Kirk (both solid and phasing), Paris and Torres, Archer, T'Pol, Sato, Tucker and Phlox as well as all the others.

I would hope there would be new MINIMATES from the Trek Universe for the Anniversary.

you're right, I mixed up Sisko's colors and Kirk was indeed disguised as a Romulan not a Klingon.

So the 50th anniversary isn't enough to get retailers interested.

DST doesn't have the license for the new films.

There are no plans for a new TV series.

Fans of the prime universe are literally dying off, eroding that consumer base.

The only products worth selling are high-margin or high-volume SKUs and Trek Minimates are neither.

030316_DeadJim.jpg

(Hail Ivan!)

• 4 months later...

In my opinion, Star Trek is the superior Science Fiction and Star Wars is better storytelling. For me, however, I prefer Star Trek. It's more interesting to me and the characters are more likable.

Before anything comes up, I'm not saying that Star Wars characters aren't likeable, just a bit bland. There isn't much to any of them. Star Trek, on the other hand, has had five full television shows to learn about all of these characters and countless films exploring the, in further depth.

Sure, Star Wars may be more fun, but I favor something's level of intrigue to amount of fun.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

SDCC 50th anniversary Star Trek plans announced, among them:

Diamond Select is showcasing several new Star Trek collectibles, including the Star Trek: The Next Generation Electronic Phaser, a Star Trek Movie U.S.S. Reliant Electronic Starship, Star Trek: The Original Series Romulan Bird-of-Prey Electronic Starship, Star Trek Select Movie Khan Action Figure, and Star Trek Select Borg Action Figure. They will also offer an exclusive Star Trek: The Original Series 50th Anniversary Gold U.S.S. Enterprise Starship.

No Minimates. I guess they don't need that $9.99, entry level price point anymore.

• 1 month later...
On 6/22/2015 at 10:16 AM, MisterPL said:

Interesting but I'm pretty sure the Borg are the zombies of the Trek Universe. Assimilated versions of those characters might be a hoot for Halloween. I think that would be lost likely to be approved.

image_zpszhlyqh2l.jpeg

image_zpsnpgk6kln.jpeg

image_zpsfdinhkob.jpeg

I haven't put the bridge set together yet but the scale should be the same. 'mates look a teensy bit big for the sets but work just fine in my opinion.

From the latest Ask DST

Matthew K.
I was just wondering if the 50th anniversary Star Trek the original series Minimate box set was coming out for comic con or sometime in the near future?

DSTChuck: We really would like to do something with Minimates for the 50th, but the retailers did not seem interested when we checked with them. We’ve not given up yet, but we’ll have to see.

It seems like retailers have gotten their fill of Star Trek Minimates in '66 crew uniforms.

It seems like DST would have known at Toy Fair six months ago what kind of response this set of 100% reissues was going to get from retailers.

It seems like DST would have had time to offer something else, like the bridge crew from a film like Star Trek: The Motion Picture or The Undiscovered Country. 

Maybe they'll take advantage of the 30th anniversary of The Next Generation next year and offer the bridge crew of the Enterprise-D or -E.

So if they were to make the 8 Figure assortment, which I like that idea, we really already got Picard in the First Contact uniform.

So we just need the rest of the crew and maybe Cochrane, Sloane, a Borg or Lt. Hawk as a Borg (could be him in the spacesuit with a regular human head as an accessory).

Data could come with and extra arm and head to show him with flesh or at the end after the flesh was dissolved  LaForge could come with a head with a VISOR so we could make him from the days of TNG.  Riker could come with a head that was bearded for a TNG custom.

Could do the pairing something like:

Idea 1) Data with Lt. Hawk as a Borg; Riker with Troi; Crusher with Worf; LaForge with Cochrane                            

Idea 2) Crusher with Lily Sloane; Riker with Troi; LaForge with Cochrane; Worf with Data

Idea 3) Troi with Cochrane; Crusher with Sloane; LaForge with Riker; Worf with Data 

I think at this point it's very unlikely that any retailers are going to pick up a TNG assortment but if they did I'm sure they would insist that it include Picard. You just can't make that many crew members and not include the Captain even if he's already had a few excellent minimates.

On 09/08/2016 at 11:21 PM, stack32 said:

The Bridge:

STB1_zps1bmx9vd0.jpg

Poor Uhura, having to stand for her entire shift. I'm determined to devise a way to let her sit down. 

She's the total opposite of Nichelle Nicols, who was chained to her station during away missions and had to stay behind when they did pick up shots with Shatner as Uhura could be seen over his should behind him. 

Edited by Liney

If Picard had to be included, then he could come with and Alternate head for Riker because you could use the same minimate body as Picard and Worf for that matter.

I just want to see more than just the remakes/re-releases of the same characters all the time.

They could do this sort of work on Deep Space Nine, Voyager and Enterprise as well.

I myself would like to see the Bridge Crew from TNG more than anything but I deep down want all the Star Trek Characters in Minim Mates form.

The Marvel Wave 60 works for Star Trek when the uniforms are involved. TWOK movie uniforms would work this way as well.

However, I would like to see the episode variations of some characters: Data and LaForge as Holmes and Watson, Picard as Robin Hood, Troi, Data and Picars as Romulans.  Kirk as a Romulan from TOS,  Sisko as a Klingon, Scotty and McCoy from their TNG appearances.  TWOK movie uniforms would work this way as well.