UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Star Trek - Reincarnated from the Genesis Planet!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

While I think this is a pretty cool SDCC exclusive, I can't help thinking how fun a 4-pack of characters in spacesuits would be for the TOS-happy Powers That Be at DST.

tholian-web.jpg

Or if they didn't want to spend the money on the extra tooling, maybe a multi-figure set like Playmates Toys' Transporter Series with packaging that looks like the transporter room.

723kirkmain.jpg

Technically both these concepts could be offered for every era of Trek, from TV and films.

other_beatingA_DeadHorse.gif

Would love both sets. The space suit set would be great and could come with an extra body that is "phased" so we can make Kirk from "the Tholian Web". The transporter series would not require any new tooling because all the parts already exist just need transparent limbs in the correct colors. I would buy three of each for sure of both sets.

What PL said, I agree with wholeheartedly.

I just finished my TOS prop set collection of DST's stuff and it's made me really long for more TOS Trek stuff.

Wish-list time!

Salt Vampire

Sculpted head Gorn

"Empath" big heads

Tholian Web spacesuit

Harry Mudd

Couple of Mudd's androids/Mudd's women

Klingon army builder (3 diff. heads)

Romulan army builder (3 diff. heads)

Inaction Horta pack-in

Red-suit Engineering jumpsuit crewman

Yellow-skirt female officer

Kirk, Spock, Krako and Oxmyx from "Piece of the Action"

I'll take at least one of each from that list, MM.

Im still wondering what will be offered for the 50th anniversary next year. I imagine things will have to be concepted this year to be approved in time to show retailers at Toy Fair in February.

And if Marvel Series 60 was any indication, offering common uniforms with variant parts to create different character encourages multiple sales.

Im still wondering what will be offered for the 50th anniversary next year. I imagine things will have to be concepted this year to be approved in time to show retailers at Toy Fair in February.

And if Marvel Series 60 was any indication, offering common uniforms with variant parts to create different character encourages multiple sales.

Ooh! I forgot Trelane from "Cat's Paw" and an Andorian army builder!

Ooh! I forgot Trelane from "Cat's Paw" and an Andorian army builder!

I would love an Andorian from TOS and even Shran from "Enterprise". I would also enjoy an official Trelane from "Squire of Gothos" as well as Gary Seven from "Assignment: Earth" with a black cat accessory.

Edited by Captain Paco

They've still got the license. Chuck keeps saying they're looking for a way to offer them again.

I'm hoping Paramount does some big promotion for the 50th anniversary next year. But without a movie, there's going to be less retail interest at mass.

For the 50th Anniversary, they should do a box set of the four to five most wanted characters from each series other than TOS.

1) TNG: Riker, Troi, Data and Worf with parts to make LaForge and Dr. Crusher included

2) DS9: Jadzia Dax, Chief O'Brien, Kira and Odo with parts to make Dr. Bashir included

3) VGER: Chakotay, Torres, Tuvok and Neelix with parts to make Paris and Kim included

4) ENT: Tucker, Sato, Phlox and T'Pol with parts to make Reed and Mayweather included

By having the extra parts it would make for multiple sales so people can complete the various crews from each series. I know it leaves out Guinan from TNG, Kes from VGER, Ezri Dax from DS9 but they could be be a SDCC Set or some special assortment at a convention.

Ezri Dax would be great if the made her with the child size body they now have for the shorter characters. Guinan would need at lot of tooling for her strange headwear. Kes would be basically an easy make since they made similar looks on other headpieces. We already have Seven of Nine but could do a variation of her in say the blue uniform she wore in an episode or two when she traveled in time.

Then if they were really gung-ho, they could make a box set of aliens. Quark, Female Founder, Kazon and Gowron could be in that set. I would love to see a set of TOS aliens: Bele (with parts to make Lokai), Salt Vampire, sculpted head Gorn (or the Gorn as it appeared on the episode of ENT-more lizard-like) Romulan Officer with parts to make a Romulan Centurion.

Just voicing my dream mates.

Yet another list of figures I'd buy.

There is a movie coming out next year, Star Trek Beyond.

I thought that was delayed 'til 2017 but I see it's still on the schedule for next July. As much as I'd love to see a new Trek movie in 2016, I hope they don't rush it.