UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Star Trek - Reincarnated from the Genesis Planet!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After doing a little more research, it looks like the neck appears blue in some reference shots. That could explain why Art Asylum and CBS chose to make it blue but there's some debate as to why it appears that way.

One explanation is that it's a shadow, tinted blue by the blue screen used at the time. That explanation works for me since I can't imagine why the miniature department would decide to paint just the neck blue especially because of the blue screen technology. They'd have avoided blue.

This reminds me of people who insisted Han Solo wore his vest in one shot in the carbon chamber scene in The Empire Strikes Back. What they thought was a continuity error made by wardrobe (and apparently everyone else involved in the shot) was actually just a shadow.

Got my Cage yesterday, and although another version of the Enterprise is a bit redundant at this point, the redone Pike is amazing, and really makes me want to see all of the TOS crew redone.

I still have very low hopes for a second wave of Legacy, and The Cage ship could very well be the last hurrah for this iteration of Trek 'mates as nothing else is currently announced. My advice to the Trekkers of the forum is to drop some extra money on duplicate sets and ships if you want to see more Trek mates.

• 3 weeks later...

Fresh from the Star Trek Q&A!

If no news is good news, then I have some news for you! :P

Brandon S: Was so happy with the last line of Star Trek Minimates. Janeway, Seven, Borg Queen, etc. Will there be more coming? Feeling like Star Trek isn’t getting much love these days in the toy lines.
DSTChuck: I think it’s very possible we’ll see more Minimates, but nothing is in the works right now.

I'm guessing, with everything else DST has on their plate, they're waiting for the next Star Trek movie.

I just hope whoever takes over for Abrams decides to update the Starfleet uniforms to look more like post-TWOK or TNG-era costumes. I'm done with the TOS aesthetic for a while.

Not getting the rest of TNG crew is like a bunch to the gut.

I'm not crazy about the JJ movies, I would love for a TV Network to take a chance and make a Next Next Generation or remake TNG somehow. If we can't get any Americans on it, what if BBC was allowed to take a stab at it, that would be cool.

Let's say they did remake TNG, how would you cast it, what changes would you make?

Get Picard back to captain an entirely new crew, build up the raport of the new cast, then kill him off in a mysterious way and have his new Number One become captain. Bring in some of the other Next Gen crew as guest stars to deal with Picard's death (fans can finally get real closure on the Next Gen crew) but keep Worf around to get revenge for Picard's murder.

Get Picard back to captain an entirely new crew, build up the raport of the new cast, then kill him off in a mysterious way and have his new Number One become captain. Bring in some of the other Next Gen crew as guest stars to deal with Picard's death (fans can finally get real closure on the Next Gen crew) but keep Worf around to get revenge for Picard's murder.

Awesome!

As for cast, I'd take Christoph Waltz or Bryan Cranston as the Number One turned Captain.

Let's say they did remake TNG, how would you cast it, what changes would you make?

If you're talking about a true remake, given the success of the films, Viacom would probably prefer to stick to the alternate timeline Abrams launched. That could conceivably screw with birth dates enough to allow a very young Picard to immediately succeed a very old Kirk. I only mention that in terms of a potential crossover between TV and film performers.

Either way, once you bring in those TNG characters, STAY ON THE ENTERPRISE! I maintain that there was no reason Voyager couldn't have been the continuation of TNG. I know Paramount expected TNG to pick up where TOS left off in the movie theatres but that didn't end so well. Greed makes for bad creative decisions. Trek really belongs on TV but unnecessary spinoffs will only continue to fracture the fan base. Avoid that.

• 1 month later...

I usually get my mother-in-law a minimate for Christmas from a property she enjoys to go with her other gifts. (Trek, Hugh Jackman, Universal Monsters, Sheriff Rick have been past gifts) but this year she bought her own Trek mates and doesn’t need another Wolverine, so there were no new minimates I could get her...

So I made this:

deadshirt_zpsb25b0fbc.png

DEAD SHIRT! (with alternate pieces for maximum fun!)

Not the most original idea (I know I saw a “Battle Damage Red Shirt” here using DD’s chest when it was a new piece) but it was effective and she enjoyed it.

• 4 weeks later...

I can't wait for a Second Wave of Star Trek Minimates.

I hope we get some of the characters that are very hard to customize and some that we have been asking for over the years.

I would love to see Worf and Odo as well as An official Andorian, an official Romulan and maybe the Salt Vampire and maybe even some Movie characters (Dr Carol Marcus or Dr David Marcus-Kirk's son).

This news is good but I will not hold my breath as I am sure my local TRU will not carry them or if they get them it will be late and I will have found them elsewhere.

I just hope we do indeed get a Second Wave and that it does well enough for a Third Wave to come out.

Given the amount I've seen on the pegs I'm amazed the first wave did well enough to merit a second. If it does make it out I hope they focus on hitting major characters that haven't been done yet. The more obscure stuff is cool, but with every wave potentially being the last I'd rather get important characters for my collection.

Of 3 or 4 cases, my TRU only has 9 packs or so left. And that was before the clearance sale. Three Sisko and the rest Kirks.

Not being a Trek fan, I am still looking forward to more mates. I will buy them all because they look so cool!

I agree with Politician, if they included more alternate heads we could make more crew members with fewer sets needed and it would encourage sales of the figures as people like me would be getting multiple sets to make the alternate characters.

So we could get LaForge with alternate head and hands for Data. We could get Dr. Crusher with alternate head & hair for Troi. We could get Worf and then have alternate head for Barclay.

We could get Commander Shelby with an alternate head for Ensign Ro. We could get Yar with an alternate head for a generic female crewmember. There are a large number of mates that could result from alternate heads and hair and fewer waves would be needed in the future. Then if we get a Klingon, they could make an alternate head to give us both TNG and TOS versions of the race. We could get an Andorian then an alternate head to make a Bolian. Then maybe we could get Quark with alternate parts to make an different Ferengi (Brunt or Rom).

I would really hope this is a way we can get the characters we all want and more aliens in the process.

Sadly, you said it in your post, though; this idea would lead to fewer waves. Fewer waves equates to less $$$ for DST. Alternate parts for different people doesn't really benefit DST, only us. Down the road, who will want to purchase a character they already bought (2 of, actually) as an included parts swap?

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea, but I don't think DST will go for it, unless maybe the alternate characters are generics....

Having the additional parts would be sort of along the same idea as some of the Marvel minimates.

Hulk with the extra parts to make Dr. Banner, Thing with the extra parts to make Ben Grimm, RoboHulk with the extra parts to make the Gremlin robot, The Extremis Soldier with parts transform him into a different soldier.

I do see your point, Onyx_6 in fewer waves means less money for DST, but happy customers means more sales of the waves that are released.

Then they could do say Worf in TNG uniform with extra parts to make him in his DS9 Uniform. Dr. Julian Bashir with extra parts to make the EMH from Voyager. I am only saying that DST could help the collectors/fans out but there are still lots of options to keep the waves going with the aliens and movie specific or episode specific characters. Like we got Archer and the Reptilian Xindii and so there is always Tucker with the alien that got him pregnant. Reed with a Mammalian Xindii, Mayweather with a Rigelian or such, Hoshi with Klaang the first Klingon on the series, Phlox with Soval and there could be extra parts to make Soval a different Vulcan character.

Just ideas as there are lots of possibilites to keep waves going but the more they give us the better off we can all be.