UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Star Trek - Reincarnated from the Genesis Planet!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which one's the one where that other captain's ship got destroyed and then he takes command of the Enterprise while Kirk is stranded on the wrecked ship? That one might be cool to do, basically a battle-damaged Enterprise.

That would be the Constillation with Comodore Decker...

Wow. Especially when seeing the old 2007 Pike next to this new one, holy crap what an improvement! I really love that new collar piece (that debuted with TWOK Kirk). I also want to see the Away Team jacket, but not at $30 each. Man, I really hope this line continues!

That man really seems to enjoy admiring and caressing his rod. Not that I blame him, it's quite impressive.

The rod's seen better days. Looks a little burnt out but I'm sure Scotty will give it all he's got. ;)

I don't believe we're making any more Constellation-class vessels after this.

I see what you did there! smile.png

You're gonna have to clue me in. These are Constitution-class vessels, sooo...?

don't forget that the bulk of it can be used for the Refit and 1701-A. new nacelles, deflector, bridge lid, Captains chair & decals will pretty much do it. and yes...i'll buy it (and so will you wink.png)

I'm pretty sure AA would start from scratch with a refit, all things considered.

I'm a little conflicted on this one...

I always like new Trek mates.... but an seriously underwhelmed by the lack of originality of this offering - just another one-off variant. At least it's not another Kirk in the center seat.... or Spiderman for that matter.

Likewise with the Bird of Prey announcement for the larger ship line.

I would have liked something a little more original or a re-offering of the shuttlecraft.

YAWN!

I just hope that with all these enterprises coming out & IF they don't sell well and are hanging around for ages its not used as an excuse for why we don't get a second wave of figures, of course if wave 1 is hanging around & not selling well thats a very good excuse for not getting a second wave

I just hope that with all these enterprises coming out & IF they don't sell well and are hanging around for ages its not used as an excuse for why we don't get a second wave of figures, of course if wave 1 is hanging around & not selling well thats a very good excuse for not getting a second wave

Kinda like having the Star Wars license but only offering variants of Luke Skywalker for a year before deciding to move on to Han Solo?

I meant Constitution. I actually wrote Enterprise first, then changed it quickly, and clearly without thinking. If we did another one, I'm sure the D would at least be in the running, but yes, poor sales would make that less than likely. And blame the variants if you like, but we needed to make all this new tooling cost out, and without TRU placing a big order, that meant more variants at specialty. Sorry if you think it's killin teh line, but it was this or nothing.

And Series 1 is the best of all worlds. The only thing that could have done better (IMHO) would have been an entire wave of TOS uniforms, to more directly tie in to the film, and I doubt anyone here would have wanted that.

But yes, poor sales of Series 1 - or simply a lack of interest from TRU - will likely affect Series 2.

I'm more concerned about Hasbro's Fighter Pods (already on clearance for over a month) having a negative impact on the Trek brand at TRU. I'm pretty sure my store moved a LOT more Minimates than those things. I don't want DST sell-in to suffer because Hasbro went with those things instead of 3 3/4" figures. (Assuming they actually have that category.)

And I for one don't mind the starship variants. I'm just not sure they need to be released so close together. I know TRU's lack of interest played a big part in trying to get a quick ROI but I would have preferred maybe one variant this year, then the refit and another TOS variant next year, and so forth. Spread 'em out while offering some new product to keep things fresh.

Either way, I'm totally up for a Constellation with Decker if DST thinks it'll sell. Otherwise bring on the refit and all those lovely variants. :)

The only thing that could have done better (IMHO) would have been an entire wave of TOS uniforms, to more directly tie in to the film, and I doubt anyone here would have wanted that.

OMG I would have loved a TOS uniform wave!

I'm really hoping for a TOS EV suit at some point. Some more TOS aliens would be fantastic too! A Klingon, Romulan, Andorian, Talosian... maybe a Kirk's Women 5 pack! There are so many exciting possibilities!

If we do get to the point where another Enterprise variant needs to be released... my vote would be for the Defiant with EV suit Kirk.

Star Trek is not really a property for kids, not anymore. I've debated on TrekToy about this, but my little brother bought Playmates figures back in the day, and the lack of a TV show today is really affecting who would be interested in Trek stuff. The new movies are fairly adult-oriented, as well. Trek fans are older now, and very detail-focused. The old Playmates stuff appealed to kids AND collectors, but now you REALLY need to appeal to collectors, and I don't know if Squinkies do that. Hopefully it's not the 2009 movie fiasco all over again. The Kre-O seems to be well-received? Too bad it's in another section...

Trek really needs a TV series. And if CBS doesn't want to step on the film unit's toes, they can distance themselves by making it animated.

Back in 2006, CBS considered doing an animated web series. I say screw that and put it on Nickelodeon. After seeing what can be done with Avatar: That Last Airbender and now The Legend of Korra, I'd love to see an animated Trek series, especially if it brings in fresh blood.

So, where does one go to pre-order this Pike Enterprise? I thought yesterday was the day.

I was wondering the same thing, considering this is the Enterprise I've been waiting for????