UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Star Trek - Reincarnated from the Genesis Planet!

Holy crap YB! Nice pile of Enterprises!

If anyone else is interested, if you plan on ever customizing a set of JJ Trek mates, the current Fighter Pods Enterprise that TRU carries for $20 almost matches the minimates Enterprise, although it's a bit larger, but stylistically would work.

And if you absolutely hate JJ Trek, the deflector dish opens up to hold a large quantity of fireworks :)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got my Mirror Enterprise and I have a large white scratch in the primary hull of the ship on the starboard side. So I guess I have to display this ship to avoid displaying the starboard side.

I like the ship but I like the regular ship's nacelles better with the transparent tips. I only wish we would have been able to get a second figure with the Mirror ship so we could have either a Mirror Scotty or a new Mirror Spock.

Closer to scale, maybe? Not huge. And your pic shows the Ent-A, not the TOS ship, which my fuzzy memory tells me the -A is notably bigger than the original.

Yes, 289 meters (original) vs. 304 meters (refit). Of course there's all kinds of controversy about the size of the 2009 model.

Either way, I'd love to see Hasbro's next to AA's! (Subtle hint!)

I just got my Mirror Enterprise and I have a large white scratch in the primary hull of the ship on the starboard side. So I guess I have to display this ship to avoid displaying the starboard side.

I like the ship but I like the regular ship's nacelles better with the transparent tips. I only wish we would have been able to get a second figure with the Mirror ship so we could have either a Mirror Scotty or a new Mirror Spock.

Nacelles ? ohmy.png

Thankyou Master Po .........each day I learn.

I'm choosing to be optimistic about the news delay, and here's the story I'm telling myself:

Maybe TRU is on the fence about ordering more Star Trek, and DST is waiting to decide to shift TOS and Voyager mates into LCS waves, if TRU decides not to proceed. Either way, I really want some more Trek mates, and I hope everyone gets their favorite 50 characters and ten ships!

Rex!

I'd be a lot more optimistic if something had been shown at SDCC. Even a display of the first series to remind folks it's out there. I don't recall seeing pics of anything though DST did have them for sale at the booth, as I recall.

Fingers crossed.

I don't know if this has been mentioned on here, or somewhere else on the multiverse, but the old AMT TOS Bridge is being reissued but with some updates. Mainly communicators and viewing tower things on the station. It is also going to be a full bridge as opposed to half!

I know in the past members, including myself, have used this as a display piece for their TOS mates so I thought I would pass this on.

I don't know if this has been mentioned on here, or somewhere else on the multiverse, but the old AMT TOS Bridge is being reissued but with some updates. Mainly communicators and viewing tower things on the station. It is also going to be a full bridge as opposed to half!

I know in the past members, including myself, have used this as a display piece for their TOS mates so I thought I would pass this on.

Great news! Thanks for sharing. Got a link or pics? But IIRC, I thought it was always a full bridge and not half? The last one I owned I bought in the 25th anniversary year, and it's long since lost.

The 25th Anniversary one may have well been a full bridge, I think I had the original one, which was only half.

I think I read somewhere they have made improvements to the viewscreen, turbolift door which is great.

Maybe TRU is on the fence about ordering more Star Trek, and DST is waiting to decide to shift TOS and Voyager mates into LCS waves, if TRU decides not to proceed.

Why would shifting Voyager characters to the LCS waves be a smart move when the Janeway/Seven pack is the only one selling out at TRU?

I visited a TRU today and they had a new shipment of these, and the only Seven/Janeway set I saw was a Sisko/Dukat set with the wrong art in the blister. Almost ten each of Kirk/Picard/Sisko sets.

What does this tell me? New characters are selling better than previously released characters. Women are selling well, especially when sold together and short-packed (why, of all the Trek females, these two are short-packed is another issue).

Question for those whose comic shops sell Trek Minimates: Which pack is selling best? Wouldn't happen to be Archer, would it? Maybe the Borg Queen?

Took a little bit of time last night to compare the 25th Anniversary Bridge Model and the new AMT set coming out in a few months. Here's what I've been able to surmise based on my own 25th model and pics of the newer one.

New AMT has Nav. and Spock Viewers

New AMT has redesigned Turbolift Door

New AMT has better looking monitor and panel decals

New AMT "IS" a complete Bridge, as apposed to the 25th only being 3/4

Bridge panels on AMT can be removed for display at different angles, as apposed to the 25th being fixed or glued in place

It looks like (and I could be wrong) the new AMT has redesigned floor panels

So that's it folks. In a nut shell, the 25th may be similar to the new AMT design, but overall it's a completely re-tooled kit...

Thanks for the assessment, M-J. I haven't seen an AMT Bridge kit since it was first released (way back in the 20th century) so that was helpful.

Now I can't help wondering if they'll offer an I.S.S. Enterprise version down the road with new decals and figures.

Question for those whose comic shops sell Trek Minimates: Which pack is selling best? Wouldn't happen to be Archer, would it? Maybe the Borg Queen?

Man, I'd love to hear this answered!

For me, it's been a mixed bag. I've bought multiples of them all. I think I bought heaviest on the Jem Hadar. I would have bought even more Cardassians, but I still have a ton of the first release version.

But I see 2 potential issues at play: 1) Both markets want The Captains, and 2) not all collectors want both market versions of The Captains.

I'm getting flashbacks of the Universal Monsters line, where the shared stuff doesn't sell as well, but the TRU exclusives (The Mummy packs) completely sold out.

I'm a huge fan, and even I was a bit burnt out on both rebuying what I already have AND rebuying the same characters in not different enough outfits at the same time from 2 different markets. I get what they intended with Space Seed Khan, but he will never be as popular as the older movie version of Khan, and 4/case *might* be a bit much. Even a Kirk & Spock 2-pack would have sold MUCH better, but no, DST has to hold Spock back for future sales!

Honestly, I believe the amount of people who stumble across these is much smaller than the people who are aware of these before they are released. Toy buyers of most propertties are far more internet savvy than in the old days. I think the best thing now to help spur sales would be an announcement of Wave 2. It wouldn't surprise me if there are lurkers sitting on the fence waiting to see if this line is going to continue. The first line had the benefit of us knowing we were going to complete the TOS crew in 2 waves, so more people bought in.

My shop never ordered any so I got butkus.

On one hand, one could argue that newer characters are selling better because they're newer. On the other hand it could be because there are fewer of them to sell. I don't see why both can't be true, creating the perfect storm of retailer sell-through, scalper speculation, and collector frustration.

Based on what I'm seeing at the two TRU stores near me, the TOS-heavy assortment is leading to TOS peg warmers. Once again we've managed to clog the pegs with Kirk figures despite a multi-era assortment.

A true test of market demand would have been an evenly packed case but I'm pretty sure I know why DST didn't go that route. Not sure I agree but I understand. Personally I have a lot more faith in collectors of TNG-era product at this point since the Abrams films haven't exactly reignited Trek merchandising and have served to polarize a good portion of the Trek fandom, particularly when it comes to characters from TOS. I'm not saying TOS is toxic but it's probably not the sure-thing folks expected it to be either.

I'd do a second series with a similar multi-era character mix and insert promotional literature that reveals a planned third, if only to build consumer confidence. I'm with monkey crumb; I suspect there may be potential collectors who are waiting to see if DST is even willing to try to finish their favorite bridge crews. Give these fans a glimpse into the future so they can buy with a little faith.

DSTChuck has already said don't look for us to complete all the bridge crews.

And if there was one set we wanted warming pegs -- and pegs gotta stay warm, right? SOMEthing's gotta be on them, might as well be us -- it would be the Kirk-Khan set: the Captain who just starred in a movie and the main villain.

the TOS-heavy assortment is leading to TOS peg warmers. Once again we've managed to clog the pegs with Kirk figures despite a multi-era assortment.

Technically, the assortment was just as TNG-heavy as it was TOS-heavy. So if you're following this rationale to its logical conclusion, TNG IS KILLEN TEH LEIN!

Edited by Lobsterman