UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Star Trek - Reincarnated from the Genesis Planet!

PkgMM_ISSEnterpriseNCC1701kirk1.jpg

Yeah, that's what I figured. Still going to buy a few extra and modify them into Saladin / Hermes class ships. I think I'll also buy an extra I.S.S. Enterprise and see if I can get the Terran Empire logos off with some Brasso. It works pretty well for getting paint apps off lego's, so why not minimate stuff as well... Hey Zach, any word on if they're going to release a Pike version of the Enterprise? We're still waiting to hear where that mysterious Pike figure from Toyfair is going to end up...

Edited by Macross-Junkie

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy Sh!t!!!!!!

That is insanely awesome! It kills me that I have to wait until after SDCC to have mine shipped. Seeing the ship displayed with the crew gives me a better sense of the scale than any of the other pics have so far.

I just can't believe TRU passed on this!! Let's hope we get a Ent-D and more ships, because this is just unfreakingbelieveably cool!

I'm kinda glad TRU didn't take it because I'm trying to restrain myself from buying all three as it is. I'll get the ISS and the Tribbles versions.

But if a Pike version is offered... dry.pngsleep.pnghappy.png

If a Pike version is offered I'm on it like Donkey Kong. Kirk will always be my favorite captain, but Pike is such a mystery because so little is known about his career. Plus I like the pilot version of the Enterprise, it's design was an obvious choice for a photo comic I'm working on about the Corp Of Engineers...

New forum member here. I am relatively new to minimates but have quickly become obsessed with collecting the Star Trek and Battlestar Galactica lines. I've been pleased with these new waves, the TRU Picard is EPIC! The level of detail in the faces, hair and accessories is vastly improved over the older Trek releases. The only gripe I have with them is the waist piece. The older waist pieces were not as wide and had extra plastic in the seat.

kirk01_zpsc97d5a5b.jpg

kirk02_zps4ff8b0d1.jpg

You can see the difference in the waist parts in this next photo. Also visible is how the paint apps on the new Kirk were not applied as well as the older one. The shoulders kind of bow out as well, perhaps for better articulation?

kirk05_zpsb5361e78.jpg

Poor Captain Kirk has lost his confidence due to his thunder thighs and is neglecting his duties.

kirk04_zps0141e033.jpg

The problem is easily fixed if you have one of the older Kirk mates on hand. See how much better he looks?

kirk03_zps1d266f1c.jpg

Here are the Klingons having a laugh at Kirk's current ride. I can't wait for my Enterprises to arrive! I'm really hoping for that shuttle that DST has shown photos of.

kirk06_zpsb8a933ec.jpg

Edited by Paranoid Professional

The Enterprise arrived today. This thing is FANTASTIC! The overall style, the details ...it's PERFECT!

ent01_zps18533f88.jpg

ent08_zps4c102897.jpg

ent03_zps73182ba2.jpg

The included Kirk is slightly different than the TRU wave. His hair and feet are glossy and his skintone is a lot more red. Also included is what appears to be a BBQ sauce stain on his collar.

ent10_zps06df3f5d.jpg

ent05_zpsa8cb994c.jpg

ent07_zps4639d24b.jpg

ent06_zps390a9ea2.jpg

Scotty has never looked happier!

ent04_zpsd42a24d2.jpg

Edited by Paranoid Professional

The ship looks great, but what's up with the sloppy paint apps on the Captains chair, and the two new Kirks?

I hadn't noticed Kirk has a new face tampo. It's nice that he's at least not a total repack.

I know a lot of people are pulling for more TOS vehicles, but i'm really hoping for a TNG Enterprise with tan leather Picard chair. Not sure if i'd put Picard in the set (maybe in either his Dress "robe" uniform or his white Dress uniform), or someone like Crusher or Troi.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Ship Kirk's weapons are painted differently. His hand phaser has metallic parts... but he does not appear to come with a belt to holster it. The phaser rifle is missing the blue grey paint that the TRU Kirk had.

ent12_zpsc66d2169.jpg

ent11_zpsa2ec22d0.jpg

This paint app on the back of the saucer appears out of place. The curvature of the windows suggest it was meant for another part of the ship. It is on both sides of the saucer.

ent14_zps58f42b03.jpg

Welcome to the boards, Paranoid Professional! I can tell that your 1000% close-up photographs of 2-inch tall toys is going to drive me -- and the rest of the board -- crazy, for completely different reasons. But they're very detailed!

I'm fairly certain the hips were moved down because the old hips had to come out exactly right or they would nit the pelvis, preventing movement and, often, snapping the hip peg off. It also increases articulation above the horizontal plane. Pretty sure the shoulder change is also for articulation, and the waist change is so we can print belts and additional shirt patterns on it, without always having to add a bulky belt piece.

Paint apps all appear to be where they're supposed to be. Your chair looks a little off, the one I got isn't quite so spotty, but I'm curious to see how widespread that is.

I'm fairly certain the hips were moved down because the old hips had to come out exactly right or they would nit the pelvis, preventing movement and, often, snapping the hip peg off. It also increases articulation above the horizontal plane.

So this is a widespread change? It affects the core Minimate aesthetic in a negative way, so I hope it is not a permanent shift.

This paint app on the back of the saucer appears out of place. The curvature of the windows suggest it was meant for another part of the ship. It is on both sides of the saucer.

ent14_zps58f42b03.jpg

It looks like it might be upside down.

I'm fairly certain the hips were moved down because the old hips had to come out exactly right or they would nit the pelvis, preventing movement and, often, snapping the hip peg off. It also increases articulation above the horizontal plane.

So this is a widespread change? It affects the core Minimate aesthetic in a negative way, so I hope it is not a permanent shift.

To be honest, I didn't even notice. I have a bigger problem with range of motion being impeded that I do with a little extra space between the hip and the thighs.

Does anyone else think that Kirk looks more like George Clooney than Bill Shatner?

Just got my TRU sets this weekend, and I love them! I've been primarily a Marvel MM collector, but these are just too great to pass up. There was a ton of all the male captains, only one Janeway left. Only thing I wish is that Hugh had more generic Borg parts, so I could have different Borg if I bought multiples of Picard to display him in all his looks.

And since no LCS in my area carries these, I've already gone on eBay and gotten the specialty sets too!

Can't wait for a Tribbleprise!

Poor Captain Kirk has lost his confidence due to his thunder thighs and is neglecting his duties.

kirk04_zps0141e033.jpg

The problem is easily fixed if you have one of the older Kirk mates on hand. See how much better he looks?

kirk03_zps1d266f1c.jpg

I see what you did there ;) Tricia's appearance in a Trek movie would make it vastly more interesting. :D

Except someone had to point it out to you at 3x actual size.

Like I said, not every leg is exactly the same, so some may be less noticeable, some more. My Kirk has space, but not as much space as PP's Kirk. Other recent releases have it, but for most it just means the top of the thigh doesn't touch the pelvis.

Am I the only one that likes the face and hair on the older Kirk better?

Nope, I'm right with you on that. I think a new Sulu wouldn't go a miss though.

I'm not too bothered by the arms, hopefully it means mates can hold their arms out level. The legs issue is more noticeable however, I think the legs have sufficient range of motion already.