UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Star Trek - Reincarnated from the Genesis Planet!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked up the Picard and Khan sets at my LCS today; loving them. Kirk and Khan are a little rough on the paint apps, especially Kirk's "KHAAAN" face, but great nonetheless.

If the Borg Queen isn't up for Best Minimate of the Year then there's a serious mistake. Brilliant little engineering and thank God DST thought of it. What a great figure. Picard's slight snarl is fun too; totally in-character.

Picard's slight snarl is fun too; totally in-character.

It is very in-character for that movie... where he acted totally out of character tongue.png. I skipped Die Hard Picard but grabbed the rest, hopefully I can find the boring old TV show Picard soon, he looks great in the photos people have posted, and if that's the Darmok knife he comes with that's pretty rad.

It is very in-character for that movie... where he acted totally out of character tongue.png. I skipped Die Hard Picard but grabbed the rest, hopefully I can find the boring old TV show Picard soon, he looks great in the photos people have posted, and if that's the Darmok knife he comes with that's pretty rad.

Not tooootally true; recently rewatched The Price and The Wounded, Picard has the snarl when he's bidding against the Ferengi, and when he and Gul Macet meet in Picard's quarters after dealign with Captain Maxwell. He does it more frequently that you'd think, with his stoic nature. I love that we get so many looks out of Picard in these waves; 3 in the TRU pack, 1 in the LCS pack, headswap with vest Sisko, Generations Picard headswap with LCS Sisko (or Janeway), and all of those with the other head. That's just incredible.

This is the nerdiest Star Trek post i've ever made.

I think "Die Hard Picard" would technically be one of those episode-specific civilian variants we were talking about earlier, from Starship Mine to be precise. He'd need to come with a saddle.

Edited by stack32

Wesley Crusher QC!!!

post-3701-0-05526600-1371686275_thumb.jp

LOL. George McFly head, hair is from beast, I think. Picard gave the rest.

I'm putting my Star Trek uniforms/bodies up for trade/sale if anyone is interested. I'm keeping the heads and some accessories; i'll post a pic of what is available in the the trade thread.

I got a response back from Amy regarding the face tampos on 7 of 9. She asked for pictures to verify/see what the issue actually is.

Did anyone else actually contact DST Customer Dervice? If not, join the bus now! Send her an email with the issue and include a picture of your 7 of 9s if you can.

Man... Any Minimates collectors in Minnesota on here that maybe found these yet?

I called my local TRU and they said they didn't have any in yet. I believe it as they usually don't get the new minimate figures until long after I've broke down and bought them online.

I got a response back from Amy regarding the face tampos on 7 of 9. She asked for pictures to verify/see what the issue actually is.

Did anyone else actually contact DST Customer Dervice? If not, join the bus now! Send her an email with the issue and include a picture of your 7 of 9s if you can.

I've been holding off until after the move but I'll email my pic soon.

Wesley Crusher QC!!!

attachicon.gifIMG_0709.jpg

LOL. George McFly head, hair is from beast, I think. Picard gave the rest.

thumbsup.gif

I had already found all the Star Trek minimates that TRU had over the weekend. I figured I would never see them at my local TRU, but I was shocked when I called my local TRU today and they had them.

I am not sure if they had more than one case or not. I got to the local TRU and only found one Janeway & Seven of Nine pack and it was a good one. So I bought it to replace one I had that was a bad one.

I was really looking for Glenn from the Walking Dead as I need him for parts for a custom I am wanting to make so that is why I really called TRU today.

I noticed Four Kirk & Khan, three Picarh & Hugh, and three Sisko & Dukat. They were in the same aisle as the Star Wars and Transformers, which is where I found them at the Schaumburg, IL TRU, but the Rockford, IL TRU had them in a section with all sorts of minimates except I did not see but one Walking Dead package in with the Star Trek mates there.

Hope this helps.

Sending in my pictures to Customer Service today. I just found these 2 in the wild:

Eye/Mouth alignment is close, but still slightly off:

20130620_133025.jpg

Church Lady 7 of 9:

20130620_133005.jpg

church-lady.jpeg

I'm guessing the problem is the Borg tech tampo around the eye is somehow throwing off the mouth alignment.

Apparently, the robot applying the tampo in the factory has not yet been assimilated! :lol:

I got my e-mail from Luke that he has shipped out my LCS custom case I ordered from him. I can't wait to get it.

I don't have any LCS in the area that are willing to get involved with Minimates after they cancelled the DC line.

Sending in my pictures to Customer Service today. I just found these 2 in the wild:

Eye/Mouth alignment is close, but still slightly off:

20130620_133025.jpg

Church Lady 7 of 9:

20130620_133005.jpg

I'm guessing the problem is the Borg tech tampo around the eye is somehow throwing off the mouth alignment.

:lol:

It looks like we found twins:

null_zps2f051399.jpg

And a mirror:

null_zpsf0f073ac.jpg

Maybe I am mistaken, but aren't the face tampos one piece? I cannot understand how the lips are not only that off, but also that off from each other! :O

Update: I decided I'd stop by my local TRU that I called this morning asking about the new minimates on errands.

Turns out they DID have the figures. I bought one of each set and an extra of Picard and Sisko for alternate looks.

I really hope we get more Star Trek minimates to finally complete the crews from all the shows outside the Original Series.

Normally, I think the faces are one single tampo, but I'm guessing the metallic silver for the Borg tech is somehow responsible for 2 separate tampos. Maybe BHM or someone with more printing experience can chime in on that, as I'm just speculating.

I work in print and it's my understanding that these tampos are similar to decals or temporary tattoos; they're pre-printed seperately and applied to the plastic in a single operation.

Chances are the eyes or lips were part of the same piece of art but one or the other was left off accidentally. It looks like the eyes were applied in one operation and the lips in another. Not sure which went first. And rather than throwing out the half-printed heads and starting over, they decided to salvage them and did their best to align the eyes with the lips to varying degrees of success.

That's pure speculation on my part but it might also help explain the delays this line has had.