UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Star Trek - Reincarnated from the Genesis Planet!

What about Khan's jacket? Even painted, I can't think of an appropriate custom for it at the moment. I figured someone had an idea smile.png

And yeah, I probably won't be making Khan in Red Shirt, unless I wind up with a TON of extra red shirt torsos.

Hmmmm... Maybe sculpting on some additional bits to make it some kind of winter jacket?? Bonus points to anyone who can think of a Universal Monster film for this style of jacket? Maybe the winter jacket for John Carpenter's The Thing?

Edited by monkeycrumb

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because we want to buy multiples! :)

The Kirk figure is great and useful for parts, i.e. the new leather belt, and Kirk had so many appearances that a few extra Kirk heads aren't a bad thing, plus I want to QC a Trials & Tribblations Sisko. So, I'll wind up with a few extra Khans.

Historically speaking, I know I've picked up a few extra spares of different sets throughout the years whenever a board member points out a cool custom with available parts. How many of us are buying extra female Shield agents in wave 51 for QC's?

I think Khan's jacket is a new and interesting piece, and I'd hate to have to chase an extra down later on when I'd rather support retail sales if I can find another use for the basic part now. One of the things I love about Minimates are how relatively easy they are to customize with just a label printer and maybe some paint! (This is why I've been such a pest about getting more baseball hats out there like WD series 1 Glen's!)

Oh, and an extra Kirk head is already pegged for a "Return of the Archon's" QC with a Van Helsing body :)

[quote name="monkeycrumb" post="276321"

Oh, and an extra Kirk head is already pegged for a "Return of the Archon's" QC with a Van Helsing body :)

How did I miss this idea? Thanks for that. Will have to get 2 Van Helsing in case they get round to making Data.

Take care,

Matty-lad

uote>

How did I miss this idea? Thanks for that. Will have to get 2 Van Helsing in case they get round to making Data.

Take care,

Matty-lad

You're welcome! When did Data appear in a similar outfit?

And, pass on making a Liberace mate! Trelane, however, would be preferable, but requires sculpting :)

My friend a TRU just called to tell me that Star Trek minimates are on the manifest for their truck tonight... So excited...

uote>

Take care,

Matty-lad

You're welcome! When did Data appear in a similar outfit?

And, pass on making a Liberace mate! Trelane, however, would be preferable, but requires sculpting smile.png

Data appeared in it in the episode A Fistful Of Datas:-

608-FistfulofDatas.jpg

Take care,

Matty-lad

I think that " The Man in Black " from "For A Few Dollars More" would be more in tune with Data from "A Fistful of Datas". I know he has a different tie so I used the chest block from " John Baxter " from "A Fistfull of Dollars" I am sure I will make him one day when I either decide to draw a mustache on my second Data face decal (made by Luke) or see about making my own; Then I would attempt to paint the hair from the Man in Black's hat to match Data's color and then the ears to match the decal and presto!

fig0544flg.jpgfig0603flg.jpgtumblr_lraab0H7gI1qj6sk2o1_500.jpg

Edited by Captain Paco

They're out. Found at TRU in PA.

Was able to get all of them except 7 of 9/Janeway pack. They were already gone. (TRU employee with a 7 of 9 fetish???)

This is what I found remaining:

4x Kirk/Kahn

3x Picard/Hue

3x Sisko/Dukat

Don't forget there is a 20% off your entire pruchase coupon at tru.com that's good until the end of the weekend.

Edited by fwoosheyman

Great Find Fwooshyman! I only hope I have that much luck when I find the Trek mates in my area or where ever I may find them.

My local TRU did not get any Star Trek mates on their truck today.

I know I am going to have a very hard time finding them in my area.

I am needing three of each 2-pack.

I only hope that next week will be my big week. I understand Luke is supposedly getting his shipment of the LCS wave so if my Local TRU were to get their versions, I will be a very Happy Trekker!!!!!

Edited by Captain Paco

Despite running for seven seasons, VOY figures will always be short-packed because the perception is that there just isn't as much demand for Seven of Nine as there is for ANY variation of Kirk, a character from a show cancelled twice (thrice if you count TAS) and has one of the most disappointing screen deaths ever.

Nothing at my PA TRU yet but I'll keep haunting.

Maybe it's because the best parts of her character don't transfer well to block figure format?

And it's a 2 females pack, which might make TRU skittish? Honestly, Voyager has only a few interesting episodes, terrible alien designs, and had to steal it's best villains from TNG (Borg Queen & Q) I want a full crew but don't care for any designs past that, save maybe a few.

Yeah, I still want this, and 2/case isn't good in my opinion. But Kirk will always outsell Voyager. (At 3/case, he already has to TRU)

I just scored these, the Janeway pack is the only one with the TRU Exclusive sticker.

Same packout reported above.

Oh, and I almost missed them on the shelves, they were in the Hasbro aisle, amongst the Transformers. That makes 4 different places at my TRU where new 'mates could be found...

Oh, and thanks for the coupon reminder, Fwoosheyman! They scanned it right from my phone! :)

QC'ers take note - the new SDCC Farm Hershell is a great start to a City on the Edge of Forever Kirk! IIRC, Zach stated this likely wouldn't get made since they aren't very recognizable.

Consistently voted among the top ten episodes in Trek – not just TOS but TREK – history and it might not be recognizable? rolleyes.gif

Do a convention 4-pack with Edith Keeler, Kirk and Spock in civvies, and McCoy in his VERY recognizable uniform with that bath salts expression on his puss and it'll sell just fine.

Most collectors don't buy multiples, even when a single figure can be two characters, so we can't rely on that as a sales possibility.

And I would hope that we wouldn't make two of everybody going forward, but I think there are plenty of important characters who could benefit from it (Worf in different uniforms, Data/Lore in all of his variations). Again, no idea what the plan will be.

And that list of Picards Mister PL posted may have been intended to show us that we could always make more Picards, but I don't think that should be the goal of the line, to double up on heads so we can make sure we get in plenty of Picard production. Most of those Picards don't have the value of a Picard -- without recognizable uniforms, they're just old bald men.

The same applies to Kirk in 1920s or 30s clothing. A uniformed Tom Paris would, in my opinion, have greater recognition and appeal as a Trek character than soup kitchen or gangster Kirk, so hopefully, paired with the right alien, we can make most crew members work... even if it's in a later series. (The Enterprise uniform doesn't exactly scream "Trek," and MInimates of Malcolm Reed and Trip Tucker are gonna look a LOT alike.)

But nobody wants to see a repeat of Series 3. Never forget.

This was the post I'm referring to. If DST has yet to be willing to make a slam-dunk 4-pack with Locutus and other crewmembers, I can understand their reluctance to make "Soup-Kitchen Kirk" And actually, I'm rather happy that at least they are being upfront about it, so I can plan ahead for my own customs. I'd still be down for any official releases, of course. I'd far rather get the Gangster Kirk & Spock, but DST's gotta do what DST's gotta do!

As long as we get the main crews for TNG & DS9, I'm happy, and I'll take what I can get for VOY & ENT. DST has already shown us they're not afraid to revisit old designs, so I wouldn't complain if they improved the Gorn, but I hope to see more unmade designs first (TOS Romulan is at the top of my list, plus the Salt Vampire is up there too for TOS wants). After we get that, I'll be happy with whatever we get, and if this line really takes off, then when the major bases are covered, then I'll start lobbying for some character variants with poor Trek-recognition (I want everyone from Fistful of Datas, but they might not be a slamdunk in sales terms to the general public, but as toys they're great designs, and of course I want basic Worf & Data long before Wild West versions!)

Sadly, with no Trek on first-run televisions (reruns only :( ), we are NOT in the Trek heydey we had when Playmates was making their 5" line.

I'll go ahead and say that if we end up getting plain-clothes variants of Kirk and Spock (or anyone, really) before, you know, Data or Riker or Kira, I'd be a little miffed. Because it doesn't matter how good an episode that was, when it comes down to it, those specific costumes are not that recognizable.

Edited by Turtle

Turtle, I totally agree with you. It's just that Kirk & Spock are extremely strong sellers when it comes to Trek, and the old line reused them a lot (too much!). So while I really hope that doesn't continue (and so far doesn't seem to be), since I'd assume we'll get one LCS and one TRU TOS pack in each wave, we're bound to eventually get more Kirk's. So I hope they are at least visually different than what's come before.

Honestly, Scotty seems to be the only TOS original minimate that goes for big bucks on Ebay, so I'd never complain about him being refreshed. But if DST never remakes Bones, Uhura, Chekov or Sulu in their standard Bridge uniforms, I won't complain, because they still exist and are obtainable. If instead we got Mirror Mirror Chekov, then he fills a gap, and you can always headswap or buy the original Bridge version. And really, I'd prefer to get new stuff like a Tholian Web Spacesuit than something still easily found on Ebay at reasonable prices. Same goes for Spock, but I'd assume we'll get him in his TOS Bridge uniform again simply because he's iconic and will sell well. Uhura, not quite a slam dunk, so if we only got one version I'd prefer her ST2 and above Red Movie Uniform - especially so I can customize Saavik(s) and Valeris.

So yeah, IF the TOS packs become the Kirk & Spock show all over again, at least they're likely only going to be 1/4 of each wave. And I dream of a TOS Romulan & Scotty 2-pack, because the army-builder potential is HUGE (Red Shirt Scotty NEEDS to be packed with an army-builder figure, since people will still buy him in droves for Red Shirt QC's - this is why the original is so hard to find on Ebay)

I really don't see Kirk & Spock taking up spots reserved for Data, Riker, Kira, etc. But when we do get them, I want them distinctive enough. It seems like a lot of Kirk's iconic looks are already being taken up by the Enterprise vehicle packs. So, given Zach's stated criteria for recognizable outfits, there isn't much left to choose from from the TV show