UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Star Trek - Reincarnated from the Genesis Planet!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, the tribbles are really big because they've been drinking milk? smile.png

Does DST's licence only cover the live action shows/movies or does it cover the animated series as well? Somewhat curious as the animated enterprise is another variant (perhaps that's pushing it a bit). If we do get more Legacy waves in the future, M'ress and/or Arex would be nice to have.

Looking forward (somewhat impatiently) for the Enterprise to hit shops.

Edited by Aethyr

If chocolate milk = Shuttlecraft, then I'm all for it!

I'm just surprised to see these variants being released at the same time though it makes sense from a production POV.

No chocolate milk = an Enterprise with Tribbles in it. Strawberry milk = an Enterprise from the Mirror Universe. The Enterprise is the milk that makes it all possible, and you can pick your favorite kind of milk.

The Shuttlecraft is orange juice, and nobody wanted the orange juice last time, but maybe they'll put it back on the menu if the milk sells out.

I really didn't think my analogy was that complicated.

So, the tribbles are really big because they've been drinking milk? smile.png

Does DST's licence only cover the live action shows/movies or does it cover the animated series as well? Somewhat curious as the animated enterprise is another variant (perhaps that's pushing it a bit). If we do get more Legacy waves in the future, M'ress and/or Arex would be nice to have.

Looking forward (somewhat impatiently) for the Enterprise to hit shops.

Pretty sure we have all Star Trek that isn't the new movie universe, but I can't imagine we'd make characters that were only in the animated series right away, if ever.

And I don't know if those are the final Tribbles, or just the fuzzy balls we had on hand.

Can you possibly post pics of the three versions side by side, Zach? I am curious about the differences. Being a non-Trek fan, traditionally, I am interested in the Minimates, but not necessarily every single one. I want an Enterprise, maybe two, but I want to be an informed customer! Thanks :)

No chocolate milk = an Enterprise with Tribbles in it. Strawberry milk = an Enterprise from the Mirror Universe. The Enterprise is the milk that makes it all possible, and you can pick your favorite kind of milk.

The Shuttlecraft is orange juice, and nobody wanted the orange juice last time, but maybe they'll put it back on the menu if the milk sells out.

Well there's whole milk, skim milk, 2%, 1%... And chocolate flavoring is something that goes into the milk like the Shuttlecraft goes into the Enterprise. So there. geek.gif

Pretty sure we have all Star Trek that isn't the new movie universe, but I can't imagine we'd make characters that were only in the animated series right away, if ever.

That would be a crime. We're talking about one 2-pack of characters who have never been offered as action figures before despite being featured characters on an Emmy-award winning animated series based on one of the biggest pop-culture franshises in television history. Just offer them to a retailer as an exclusive. It'll be fine. cool.png

And I don't know if those are the final Tribbles, or just the fuzzy balls we had on hand.

972049d1360819421-incoming-what-have-you

Can you possibly post pics of the three versions side by side, Zach? I am curious about the differences. Being a non-Trek fan, traditionally, I am interested in the Minimates, but not necessarily every single one. I want an Enterprise, maybe two, but I want to be an informed customer! Thanks smile.png

Some packaged pics would be cool, too. I'm curious to see what packaging solution you've come up with for this little monster.

From what I can tell, the first Enterprise and the Tribbles Enterprise are identical. The only difference I can see from the pictures are the pack-ins.

The Mirror Universe Enterprise has different deco and new tooling for the raised bridge dome, the nacelle spikes, and a larger navigational dish. As mentioned earlier, the sculpt is what could be used for a pilot episode version with Captain Pike or "The Menagerie" episode version with Kirk in Dress Uniform.

Is that accurate, Zach?

I am not sure about ordering a third shp, but I would like the Kirk that comes with that ship. I like the new likeness for the Kirk figures with the ships.

If anyone out there orders the ships but does not want the Kirk figure with it, let me know, I may be interested.

I just hope my local TRU will get the Star Trek Legacy Wave they are suppose to carry so I can get Janeway and Seven as well as the other figures that the LCS will not get.

Thank you.

Well there's whole milk, skim milk, 2%, 1%... And chocolate flavoring is something that goes into the milk like the Shuttlecraft goes into the Enterprise. So there. geek.gif

I was kidding, it was a dumb analogy. BUT Skim Milk would be a ship with no figure included. And if we made an Enterprise with a removable shuttlecraft, I would consider that some sort of tasty milk drink, as well, but if we're talking a full-sized shuttlecraft, which is an entirely different sculpt that probably costs the same amount, I'm sticking with orange juice.

That would be a crime. We're talking about one 2-pack of characters who have never been offered as action figures before despite being featured characters on an Emmy-award winning animated series based on one of the biggest pop-culture franshises in television history. Just offer them to a retailer as an exclusive. It'll be fine. cool.png

Emmys don't mean anything. Neither do Oscars, for that matter. Retailers have passed on plenty of award-winning Minimates lines, and I doubt any of them would choose to go "all in" on a two-pack of characters that half of Trek fandom don't even know exist. It's not like everything we offer gets picked up. A retailer turned down the Hulk Through the Ages box set, which has since become one of our best selling box sets of all time.

Can you possibly post pics of the three versions side by side, Zach? I am curious about the differences. Being a non-Trek fan, traditionally, I am interested in the Minimates, but not necessarily every single one. I want an Enterprise, maybe two, but I want to be an informed customer! Thanks smile.png

From what I can tell, the first Enterprise and the Tribbles Enterprise are identical. The only difference I can see from the pictures are the pack-ins.

The Mirror Universe Enterprise has different deco and new tooling for the raised bridge dome, the nacelle spikes, and a larger navigational dish.

That show won an Emmy? I would be very curious to see what retailer would buy a two-pack of characters that more than half of the Trek fandom do not know exist.

I am not positive the regular and Tribble Enterprises are identical, but I will try to find out. Mirror has a lot of differences.

I was kidding, it was a dumb analogy. BUT Skim Milk would be a ship with no figure included. And if we made an Enterprise with a removable shuttlecraft, I would consider that some sort of tasty milk drink, as well, but if we're talking a full-sized shuttlecraft, which is an entirely different sculpt that probably costs the same amount, I'm sticking with orange juice.

NO, it's a fun analogy! A battle-damaged Enterprise would be a milkshake then? bunny.gif

And I totally understand any apprehension about offering anything from the animated series. It's just that among Trek fandom, there's a bit of pent-up demand for product based on that little slice of the franchise. I wouldn't say it's as large as the tsunami of interest in the 1966 Batman property but I'd be surprised if those two specific characters performed any worse than a number of other very obscure Marvel characters.

Maybe when the animated series comes to Blu-ray, M'ress and Arex could make a couple interesting pack-ins for Best Buy and get the Minimates brand some additional exposure. wink.png

Curious if any Trek nerds know why Kirk wears green in the tribble episode? Is it his fur ball killing uniform?

Seriously, it's to hide his girdle. It was quite noticeable in the standard gold uniform, so the green "Captain's tunic" had the horizontal strap across the bottom to hide the outline of Shatner's girdle underneath. And now, with the glories of Blu Ray and high def, we can make out his toupee line at times too! I submitted a pic a few years back to some blog that shows the mesh lace poorly covered with makeup high up on his forehead. I'll see if I can find it again :)

The Shuttlecraft is orange juice, and nobody wanted the orange juice last time.

Any particular reason why no one was interested?

You'd have to call every retailer that didn't order it and ask them why they didn't. I don't believe that research was done on our end.

And I totally understand any apprehension about offering anything from the animated series. It's just that among Trek fandom, there's a bit of pent-up demand for product based on that little slice of the franchise. I wouldn't say it's as large as the tsunami of interest in the 1966 Batman property but I'd be surprised if those two specific characters performed any worse than a number of other very obscure Marvel characters.

Maybe when the animated series comes to Blu-ray, M'ress and Arex could make a couple interesting pack-ins for Best Buy and get the Minimates brand some additional exposure. wink.png

I think there is pent-up demand for animated series product like there is pent-up demand for the Enterprise C. The desire for product MAY have gotten more fervent in the same small sliver of fandom that has always wanted it, simply because nobody has made anything. But nothing has been made BECAUSE it remains a niche of a niche, and I don't think the number of people who want that specific incarnation has increased to a point that would make it worth the new development.

Of course, the animated series still stars the main cast, and the Enterprise C is still the Enterprise, so it's not like we're talking about ridiculously obscure stuff, just very specific stuff. Star Trek is a well-known property, but nothing is a slam dunk simply because it has the Trek logo on it.

Okay so you are refering to the TOS Enterprise as Skim Milk and so what would the TNG Enterprise-D be? Would there be any chance of a snowball in Death Valley that we would see Enterprise-D in minimate form if the skim milk sells without spoiling?

Since Picard has already been offered in all his incarnations, would we get a Riker or LaForge with Enterprise-D?

I am one of the fans that would like to see M'ress and Arex as minimates but I do understand they are not the tip of the iceberg at this time. However, I curious if we will see other non-captain Star Trek minimates before the return of Trek mates goes away?

Thank you.

I think there is pent-up demand for animated series product like there is pent-up demand for the Enterprise C. The desire for product MAY have gotten more fervent in the same small sliver of fandom that has always wanted it, simply because nobody has made anything. But nothing has been made BECAUSE it remains a niche of a niche, and I don't think the number of people who want that specific incarnation has increased to a point that would make it worth the new development.

Of course, the animated series still stars the main cast, and the Enterprise C is still the Enterprise, so it's not like we're talking about ridiculously obscure stuff, just very specific stuff. Star Trek is a well-known property, but nothing is a slam dunk simply because it has the Trek logo on it.

Like Rictor and Boomer are still Marvel characters. Just saying that if there's room for characters like them in the Marvel line, there should be room for M'Ress and Arex in the Trek line, especially if you're looking for some unique aliens in Starfleet uniforms. wink.png

M'Ress_at_communications_station.jpg

923880-arex_large.jpg

I know Arex has three arms and legs but M'ress seems like she'd be a lot simpler.

But if you just want to give us this guy, I'll shut up:

Runepp2.jpg

Since Picard has already been offered in all his incarnations, would we get a Riker or LaForge with Enterprise-D?

Still plenty of Picard to go with an Enterprise. Season 1 Picard. Generations Picard. Dress uniform Picard. Reissue of series 4 Picard.

Okay so you are refering to the TOS Enterprise as Skim Milk and so what would the TNG Enterprise-D be? Would there be any chance of a snowball in Death Valley that we would see Enterprise-D in minimate form if the skim milk sells without spoiling?

I am one of the fans that would like to see M'ress and Arex as minimates but I do understand they are not the tip of the iceberg at this time. However, I curious if we will see other non-captain Star Trek minimates before the return of Trek mates goes away?

Thank you.

Enterprise D would be Dr. Pepper. Because why not. And if the Enterprise does well, then I think we'd look at the D, sure. Perhaps even before we considered revisiting the shuttlecraft. Just my opinion, I'd Ask DST for a more weighty answer.

And since all of the Captains are in Series 1, I'd imagine Series 2 would include a few non-captains. But Series 2 will likely depend on how well Series 1 does at retail, based on Chuck's earlier answer.

Like Rictor and Boomer are still Marvel characters. Just saying that if there's room for characters like them in the Marvel line, there should be room for M'Ress and Arex in the Trek line, especially if you're looking for some unique aliens in Starfleet uniforms. wink.png

I know Arex has three arms and legs but M'ress seems like she'd be a lot simpler.

But if you just want to give us this guy, I'll shut up:

There was room for Rictor and Boom Boom in the 56th or so series of Marvel Minimates. So let's see how far we get with Trek. They're certainly cool-looking characters. And again, Ask DST if cool-looking crewmen from the animated series are possible.

There was room for Rictor and Boom Boom in the 56th or so series of Marvel Minimates. So let's see how far we get with Trek. They're certainly cool-looking characters. And again, Ask DST if cool-looking crewmen from the animated series are possible.

YES! M'ress and Arex confirmed for Star Trek Legacy Series 56! buttrock.gifbanana.gifbunny.gif

(Until then, I'll keep reminding Chuck.)

Okay, maybe I am blind and have not seen it posted or maybe it has not been posted yet.

We know that TRU is supposed to get Sisko in vest with a Cardassian, Picard in jacket with a Borg, Janeway with 7of9, but what it their 4th set?

So the Cardassian would be the alien, but what is the fourth set or will there be a fourth set?

Just curious. Also from the Toy Fair images looks like minimates are going up in price because the place cards with the Star Trek mates say $9.99. That is a $2.50 more than the current mates sell for at my local TRU (which has no new stock since like late January if that recent).

Edited by Captain Paco