UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Star Trek - Reincarnated from the Genesis Planet!

I aim super excited to see Star Trek back and these look awesome and i love the fact we are getting figures from all over the spectrum.The Borg Queen and Khan are a absilute must have for me.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been lukewarm to the Star Trek figures up to this point, but just recently started watching Voyager and Enterprise on Netflix, and am pretty excited to see some renewed Trek interest. Janeway needs a Minimate!

Have to say, I was stunned to see Star Trek return. In fact, I was just about to post something in the speculation thread about how I didn't think we'd ever see Star Trek again when the site crashed. Perhaps GoDaddy was trying to save me the embarrassment? :lol:

I hope these do well, but I'm skeptical. According to Chuck, the last several waves of Trek simply did not do well at all. And, of course, we know that major retailers have shied away from Trek product after the Playmates stuff (still on clearance at your local toy store!) from the new movie was such a disaster. I'd be curious to know if anything changed to make DST think the time was right for more Trek.

As for this wave, as a casual fan, I'm not particularly excited. I get the idea of making the captains, but I can't imagine that anyone outside of the most devoted Trek fan wants the guy from Enterprise. Plus, we've already had 'mates made for half the characters here, so it's not exactly expanding the previous line. If I were a Trek fan, my worry would be that this line will crash and burn again right out of the gate and we still won't have gotten more Next Generation characters (for example).

Hope I'm wrong, though. While I don't think that Star Trek is nearly as popular anymore as fans believe it to still be, there certainly should be enough fans out there to support a healthy toy line.

Not sure when we'll announce TRU. Not sure how far along we are on that assortment, which is all different.

(emphasis mine)

That absolutely rocks. And significantly boosts my hopes that Janeway will be in the TRU wave. Maybe even some first officers?

Not sure when we'll announce TRU. Not sure how far along we are on that assortment, which is all different.

YES!! Trek Minimates AND the Multiverse are BACK, Baby!!

Thank you Zach! Thank you DST! And thanks to TRU as well!!!

I'm chomping at the bit to see the TRU wave, and Zach, didn't you say there would be some box sets as well??

I'm really, really curious to see the overall game plan for this series. Normally, getting one main cast with an alien or fan-favorite would take forever to get the entire cast out, especially over 5 TV shows and the movies, BUT having completely separate waves between specialty and TRU is the greatest thing! Plus, the aforementioned main character with fan-favorite or alien makes this strategy work even better!

I really, really want this line to succeed (for YEARS!), and to cover a LOT of ground (space?) in the Trek universe. I think I really like the No Variants approach so far. As long as the aliens come with second printed faces on the back like the Cardassian did from the old line. Because with most of the Starfleet characters, the uniforms are still useful for quick-customs of other characters. And I plan to army build a lot of aliens! So, buying 3 Jem Hadar packs gives me one Sisko and 2 more to customize as I see fit (Steve Rogers, you're being drafted by Starfleet!!) So I see this as a good value.

But, lets take a quick look at the former line for comparison. Wave 3 was the biggest pegwarmer. I just bought a ton from the link someone had provided earlier at $10 for a full set with variant (which is a fantastic deal at $10 for 8 mates!) BUT you get 2 of the same Sarek, 2 different Kirks, 2 different Spocks, one Klingon and one TOS-Khan with that wave. There's no wonder that you can still find this assortment on clearance so many years later.

Now, we're getting a full universe-wide approach, with new versions of characters so anyone who missed the first series isn't left out. Aliens are practically army-builders on their own. The character selection so far is top-notch and if I were a retailer I wouldn't be as worried about peg warming. I've already ordered one case for myself!

Kudos to DST. I think you guys are taking the right approach with your lineups and character selection. Please get to the main TNG cast in their Season 3-7 uniforms ASAP please! (Picard can use his s5 Duty Jacket).

Like Monkey, my thoughts are that more diverse lines will be more appealing to collectors broadly, though I understand the need to keep Kirk/Picard involved in nearly any wave released. I would buy the entire, primary crews from ST:TNG and Voyager, anyway. Minimate Data, Worf, Troy, Riker, etc. would be too awesome.

We wanted to put the strongest foot forward, appeal to as many generations of Trek fans as possible with the top characters from each series. TRU will be similarly packed with Top-rank officers, and we'll see what Series 2 brings.

No box sets planned, unless you count Kirk and a giant Enterprise ship. Seriously, that thing is amazing.

I'm not expecting a lot of army-building with this franchise. There are so many unique characters. I think they'll go specific with a lot of red shirts and aliens but so far we've got a generic Xindi and Jem Hadar so maybe not.

Characters like Borg Drones have unique designs but there's potential to "assimilate" other 'mates simply by swapping parts. That would make a pretty cool box set, in my opinion.

There are certainly enough costume variants of main characters to last dozens of series so that's not a problem. I just want to make sure the bridge crews get completed (and I'm sure they will) and that ridiculously obscure aliens get offered as well.

TRU will be similarly packed with Top-rank officers, and we'll see what Series 2 brings.

:highfive2:

oUxhvxs.jpg

So it's not an all Wesley Crusher / Ensign Kim / Neelix & Lwaxanna Troi wave???

And Karamazov, have you forgotten Captain Rachel Garrett of the Enterprise C? Janeway was not the first female captain, and Tuvok was not the first black Vulcan.

Edited by monkeycrumb

We wanted to put the strongest foot forward, appeal to as many generations of Trek fans as possible with the top characters from each series. TRU will be similarly packed with Top-rank officers, and we'll see what Series 2 brings.

No box sets planned, unless you count Kirk and a giant Enterprise ship. Seriously, that thing is amazing.

You guys are off to a great start!! I feel like DST has a great handle on how to distribute characters now with the right mix of A-Listers, B-Listers with fan-requests and even sprinkling in a few Z-Listers! (Like the Marvel line). Not every pack or wave is *everyones* cup of tea but DST manages to make it worthwhile from a character selection, a visual selection, or just a customizing parts selection point of view. As much as I like Kirk & Spock, I'm glad it's no longer *all* about them. (I'm still buying any you put out, of course!)

I want to propose a few figures you NEVER make (unless you get to wave 50+). Don't make any more from 1979's STTMP (except maybe the spacesuits) or a TOS Bread & Circus Spock or McCoy. These are all visually less interesting and likely retail poison. Plus, those specific Spock & McCoys can easily be customized from the still available clearanced older TOS mates. As much as I want to see DST fill out the rosters, I will not feel cheated if you never get to those particular designs I just mentioned. (I would totally buy them, but there are far more mates I want to see made first)

Bring on the new sculpts & designs! A 2-pack of Kirk & Spock from A Piece of the Action in gangster suits with Tommy guns would be perfect for TRU, especially for those wanting to army build suits & Tommy guns ;)

Zach, quick question: Has it been 100% confirmed yet if the bridge chair is removable from the Enterprise vehicle yet?

Edited by monkeycrumb

You guys are off to a great start!! I feel like DST has a great handle on how to distribute characters now with the right mix of A-Listers, B-Listers with fan-requests and even sprinkling in a few Z-Listers!

Speaking of Z-listers, I really, really want this guy:

Runepp2.jpg

He's easily one of my favorite aliens from DS9. B)

As someone who didn't start collecting Minimates until after the original Star Trek releases, I was wondering if there will be plans to release new plain uniform versions of the TOS crew (either TV series or recent movies). Basically I want to know if it's worth going on ebay and trying to pick up the old mates or if I can wait for new versions. Thanks and I'm excited Star Trek mates are coming back!

I know this is beating a dead horse, but what would be even more awesome is if Disney is still into Minimates (i.e., Disney store exclusives) and is able to somehow license Star Wars to both LEGO and DST.

No army builders in the TRU assortment. All captains with important characters.

All captains?

Janeway for sure.

Does this mean the other 3 packs have variations of Kirk, Picard, Sisko or Archer?

Or can we hope for other Trek captains, like Captain Spock, Captain Sulu, etc?

The suspense is killing me :biggrin:

Zach, if you release pics NOW, I can guarantee Chuck can see our comments! Quick, before MMV goes offline again!! :biggrin:

So Picard variant..... Locutus of borg?

I would buy so many! Hopefully he comes with TNG uniform Data!

You guys are off to a great start!! I feel like DST has a great handle on how to distribute characters now with the right mix of A-Listers, B-Listers with fan-requests and even sprinkling in a few Z-Listers!

Speaking of Z-listers, I really, really want this guy:

Runepp2.jpg

He's easily one of my favorite aliens from DS9. B)

Who's this guy again? Cool design, but I'm drawing a total blank! Nice pic too!