UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New York Toy Fair 2012

I'm lovin' me that Brood infected Wolverine. The face alone in priceless. Good on DST for being able to make a Brood alien as well. Never thought it would have seen the light of day as a minimate.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'm assuming the Enterprise is the "extra something-something" in a defunct line that Zach mentioned, and that would mean a different defunct line is getting a proper revival later? Or there's more Star Trek on the way, and something else is getting the something-something. Or something.

Lots of cool Marvel surprises here, definitely got my Minimate interest level on the upswing again :thumbsup:

Or that contract negotiations fell through. Or this....

During the chat earlier today, we learned that there was another set of figures from a video game on display that couldn't be photographed or talked about publicly, because things are still in negotiation. So... defunct line supposed to be getting new product... video game 'mates that can't be shown... anyone care to speculate? :biggrin:

After the Terror Dogs I'm not surprised by anything DST can do in Minimate form anymore

the new bulked up Venom & She-Venom look amazing! (love all the gooey bits too)

Just when I was pondering whether to keep building my Marvel mates collection they give me reason to stay

sucks no GB mates though (didn't expect any, but still, would have been a welcome surprise)

For fun, again, from the Portrait of an Addiction:

– Are there any celebrations being planned for the 10th anniversary of the minimates brand?

Zach - Instead of doing a single event, or making a single anniversary assortment of product, we're celebrating the anniversary by turning up the volume to eleven on all of our existing lines, reviving lines that were thought defunct, overhauling a couple that needed a little extra something, and launching a slew of new properties that will blow people's minds. It's a non-answer, I suppose, but the announcements will start at NY Toy Fair in February, so be ready.

I'd say the volume is up to eleven. :yes: What do you guys think? Trek has been revitalized, so it seems. I'm interested to see what other line(s) are being revived. I'm not saying we need more, but do Walking Dead and The Expendables make a slew? I for one won't be disappointed if those are the only new lines (but it looks like Tomb Raider might be in the mix as well). Anyway, per Zach, the announcements are just starting here. Great year for Minimates.

Edited by Turtle

Kratos!!! I don't care which line he is fropm but I want kratos!!! I'll start a new lee burns campaign not for venom but for kratos!!!(diabolical laugh)

All joking aside I would like some metal gear,god of war,gears of war,mortal kombat,red dead redemption,uncharted,assassin's creed mates.

For those who saw the line could ya pm the rest of us to tell us what it was?

Edited by Kostisfire

During the chat earlier today, we learned that there was another set of figures from a video game on display that couldn't be photographed or talked about publicly, because things are still in negotiation. So... defunct line supposed to be getting new product... video game 'mates that can't be shown... anyone care to speculate? :biggrin:

Interesting, cheers!

Along with the quote Turtle posted, there was Zach's follow-up to that in the Guessing Game thread too:

Battle Beasts was never defunct. We never even started it! As you've all seen, we'll be announcing something at C2E2 (not Toy Fair), so assume that we will be immediately turning it up to 11, as promised for all of the lines.

I can think of two lines that are defunct (or thought of as defunct) that are currently getting new items in 2012, although one of those might only be seen as getting an extra something-something. Hopefully all of our plans come to fruition.

God of War might be the only video game line that I would fully jump into, and the control art we saw was indeed very nice.

Thanks, battlecat. I was looking for that quote but couldn't find it. C2E2 is in April, right?

With what's been shown, I think Trek is just getting the extra something-something, not a full revival. Time will tell.

Edited by Turtle

WAVE 47: AUSTRALIA X-MEN!!!!

BROOD!!!!! DAZZLER!!!!! LONGSHOT!!!!! BULKED COLOSSUS!!!!! ROGUE!!!!! WOLVERINE!!!!! BROOD INFECTED WOLVIE!!!!

Bulked Colossus and Wolvie can do a 'Fastball Special'!!!

:sweat: Tears of absolute joy. I would dearly loved Alt. Colossus to be an Acolyte version, but i really can't complain too much. This wave is Heaven!

That Longshot is PERFECT. Dazzler is damn fine as well !

As far back as I can remember, this is probably the best showing of Minimates at TF I've ever seen. As Zach promised, I feel blown away.

Agreed! I really didn't know if we would EVER see Brood army builders. This is just mind-blowing. So many new characters. So many retreads that are dearly and genuinely wanted. A+ DST, A+

Seriously, though, no DC? I'm less than impressed.;)

No Kang, either. Double your disappointment!

No Squirrel Girl - better triple it :P

EDIT: I hope Hawkeye stays that brightly coloured!

EDIT 2: Damn - that's a nice pony tail sculpt on Gwen. Hope it stays!

Edited by Nessex

Obviously it's DC Online. :D

Random Thoughts:

- I can't say I'm thrilled with the Trek Minimates offering. I'm not big on super-deformed vehicles, especially ones that come with Minimates I already own. The secondary hull as a Jeffries Tube was pretty clever, though. I just wish DST could get past TOS when it comes to Trek 'mates.

- Lara Croft = Yippee!

- Walking Dead looks great. I'll gladly add them add to my collection.

- No interest in Expendables but they're iconic so I may have to see the movies.

- The new Munsters figures (especially Biker Herman) nailed my nostalgia bone! I was content to own the regular cast as they usually appeared by these are must-have variants for me.

- I'm not a huge Marvel fanboy (make mine DC) but I've managed to collect almost every Minimate anyway. Time to start weaning myself, I think. I do like the movie 'mates.

- More Universal Monsters 'mates; Yes, please!

- The MAX line continues to impress. When can we expect to see a Sci-Fi theme with spaceships, etcetera?

- I take it the DC line will be announced at a later date.

You know, I just started thinking about how Zach said in another thread (IIRC) that there isn't going to be overlap between TRU and LCS waves anymore. So we still have probably a dozen totally new Marvel 'mates for this year we haven't seen yet – not even counting con exclusive box sets!

This year is going to be a bonanza!

–––

Actually, maybe just a half dozen, if Miles/Cap, Rhino/IM, and Box/Vindicator are a TRU wave. Still, though. (breathe. breathe.)

Edited by Lobsterman

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU, DST!!!

At last a 90s Colossus that is interchangeable with Austrailia X-Men Colossus!? A bulked up Rhino! Dazzler and Longshot! Brood army builder with variant Wolverine! A new Havok and Storm! And is that...Vindicator!? So much...WANT!

Now only a 90s Forge and a Banshee (90s/classic) and I'll be fully satisfied with my X-Men minimates. And here's to hopefully seeing more Alpha Flight. Man, so much stuff coming I'm wanting to buy, my poor, poor wallet.

Actually, maybe just a half dozen, if Miles/Cap, Rhino/IM, and Box/Vindicator are a TRU wave. Still, though. (breathe. breathe.)

And Havok/Storm are in that wave, right? We've seen waves through the summer, so there's got to be room for at least one more wave. And with Vindicator/Box, how can we not suspect an Alpha Flight box set sometime this year. It's just too random.

Now ive taken it in a little...

Never thought id need another colossus or venom. The options on the venoms especially are absolute madness. Look at those guys! Will be getting that whole x-men wave, for sure. Hulks look cool, not sure i can justify the cost though. Loving the walking dead mates, great fun. Don't recognise the expendibles, not for me. Rhino is a sexy beast, who else? I don't remember... Its all so beautiful though

I like the little Oscorp label on Connors' lab jacket.

I can honestly say I had zero interest in ever getting Alpha Flight, but that uniform just looks so cool on a Minimate, I'm in for the whole team.

So Iron Man buffs, is that a new armor or a redo?

which ironman suit?

the one that comes with Ultimate Cap is Extremis Ironman which we've gotten before but this one has new sculpted chest, hands and legs/feet.

the Ironman in wave 44(?) is new, we have not gotten that suit before

Wow, I was blown away by all these new mates!

* Super pumped for bulked-up Colossus and Rhino!

* The Venom stuff looks great!

* Longshot, Dazzler and Alpha Flight!

* The new Pirates look impressive.

* Walking Dead mates look pretty cool.

I'm not as pumped for Expendables, the newest MAX stuff, or Universal Monsters. I might pick up some if they're useful for custom fodder.

the one that comes with Ultimate Cap is Extremis Ironman which we've gotten before but this one has new sculpted chest, hands and legs/feet.

That's the one I was wondering about, thanks!

That Iron Man might be the only one I'm really bummed about. We've gotten that armor SOOOOOOO many times now, and it's pretty ugly to begin with. But, hey, one bad 'mate out of however many... I can live with that, for sure.

And Havok/Storm are in that wave, right? We've seen waves through the summer, so there's got to be room for at least one more wave. And with Vindicator/Box, how can we not suspect an Alpha Flight box set sometime this year. It's just too random.

Right, right. You have to figure at least one of the packs will be a Fear Itself supplement, maybe two (Red She Hulk/Iron Fist, Nul Hulk/Kuurth Juggernaut?) Fingers crossed for Winter Soldier/Falcon, Cmdr Rogers/Kang for the big finish!

Ah dammit, now my heart's going to be broken, isn't it?

Some truly awesome mates are coming out!

Highlights for me are:

- Hulk Set: been waiting a while for some of those characters.

- Rhino: Just looks amazing!

- Enterprise: It's iconic and looks to be a must have

- Universal Monsters: I usually get these for my dad since he's a huge fan of the UM but I am going to have to get myself a set of these!!