UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New York Toy Fair 2012

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brood! Outback! Fastball Special!!!! The new Havok looks fantastic. Overall, there's a whole lot of awesome going on.

except, and I hate to say this, the Enterprise might be a little ill-conceived. I'm just not sure how into that I am.

Ha ha, yes! With Dazzler I finally have the Konami X-Men team in toy form!

The new Colossus and brown Wolverine look great. Rouge I'm indifferent about as I've already got the Jim Lee version.

Thor's twirling Mjolnir accessory looks awesome. That'll make for some really cool looking poses. Captain America's new shield with the metallic finish is exactly what I've been wanting after getting one of the figures from last year's CA movie toy line.

Venom boxset looks cool but I think I'm fine with the one I've got from the TRU two-pack. And bulked-up RHINO!! Finally! *tosses old Rhino into parts bin* :lol:

As for the movie stuff... I'll pick up all the Avengers stuff. They look great. The Spider-Man stuff... I'll get Spidey and Lizard and that's about it. Spidey can go with the Avengers movie stuff and I'll kitbash Lizard into a classic-ish version.

Seriously, though, no DC? I'm less than impressed.;)

No Rocket Raccoon, either. Double your disappointment!

Sorry boyd but I had to fix your comment ;)

Have to say I'm mixed. Loving the Universal, Marvel, Pirates and maybe the MAX but I feel a bit meh on Walking Dead (never got into the comics or the TV series and before you say I should read it, I spend WAAAAAAAAY too much as it is to be able to afford it) and Expendables (thanks to web critics like The Spoony One, I have no love for that film). However with Lego like the Ninjago ninjas, Monster Fighters and maybe LotR I don't mind too much (at the moment anyway) as I have more than enough to spend my money on :P.

Still sad at the lack of Ultimate MvC3. I want Strider and Rocket Raccoon (some people like Walking Dead, I like obscure Capcom characters. Can't please them all).

Edited by pawcanada

to say the honest truth i thought about stop collecting minimates but these awesome things just rebooted me,especially this venom box set,damn,i forgot all about spawn,who to say the honest truth is just venom wih pouches and sometimes a cape.Also,the most badass badasses in toy form.In sam jackson's words:that's what i'm talking about,jackpot baby,WE HAVE A WINAAAAARRRHHH!!!

As far back as I can remember, this is probably the best showing of Minimates EVER ANYWHERE!

:thumbsup:

Longshot, Dazzler, an updated old school Colossus, an updated brown Wolvie that will hopefully do the character justice, bulked up Rhino, the Hulk through the Ages set that I called about 3 years ago :lol: , Santa Pirate, Stone Cold Steve Austin, great zombies, Alpha Flight. . .just good stuff, all the way around. And very little 1990s junk to be found! :highfive2:

Edited by karamazov80

HOLY-

A little overwhelmed. That may be DST's best showing, i've never seen the entire board so unified and happy with reveals!!

Venom set may be among my favorites; that new Venom is just fantastic, and it's so great to have a fairly perfect one.

Not a fan of Australia's X-men, but they look absolutely great and Colossus is fantastic. Way to go, guys. Same with Rhino, just as good and even more demanded.

New Ultimate Cap is great, they just sold me on the Miles set. So cool.

I am LOVING all of the alternate heads!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!! So absolutely awesome to have such different display options, and a much demanded feature. So, so cool.

The production Avengers figures were unexpected and look great, the purple on Hawkeye is fantastic. Skin tones look a little....Thor-wave-ish?? :/

WALKING DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Every single one of those is a buy. I may even add a few "Expendables" cameos to that line. They knocked those likenesses out of the park.

MAX is one of my favs; those Desert troopers were unexpected and look absolutely fantastic.

What a great Toy Fair. Can't even talk about all of them because of how great all the reveals are. Way to go, Zach and DST, that was great.

And Santa?? Maybe there's hope for Father's Day minimates after all. ;)

Did anyone else crack up when they saw Spock in the Enterprise body?

Yeah, I was wondering why Spock was riding in the torpedo tube.

KHAAAAAAANNNNNN!!!!

• I wonder if this is a toe in the water to see if Trek is re-bootable as a license, or if it's just a one-off for the vehicles line. Although, I'm sure if they go to the trouble of actually tooling it, we'll see a battle-damaged version with battle-damaged Kirk, a translucent "warp speed" version with radiation sickness Spock, and a MIrror Mirror version with evil Kirk...

• I love that we're getting a Brood 'mate, but this sculpt is a little... cuddlier? than I expected. Still, Brood. Win. And, we're getting proper blade claws for Wolvie. Also win.

• I don't know, Expendables seems like kind of a misfire to me. Maybe the star power will sell it.

• Re: the Kang/Winter Soldier/Commander Rogers/Falcon convo, IIRC Zach said we'd see at least one of those guys this year. So... more reveals tomorrow, or surprises for con exclusives? Hmm...

• It looks like we're not getting a new sculpt for the original Halo Spartan armor after all? That makes me a little sad.

• Bo Peep, Lexi, Dawn, and Raven Hex would fill out a nice little Femmes 3 box set...

• I love how they repurpose seemingly incongruous parts to create MAX accessories that totally make sense. Sabertooth's fur collar and Mickey's wool cap on the Winter Ops guy? Genius.

• Am I totally missing the Tomb Raider Minimate? I can't find it anywhere.

• Loving the Walking Dead. Those character likenesses are dead on :sweat: Can't wait!

All in all, a great year for Minimates!

Edited by Lobsterman

Im wondering if the Alpha Flight is a compliment to a SDCC boxed set maybe? Maybe we'll then get:

Vindicator

Snowbird

Puck

Sasquatch

Hey, Zach did say there'd be a con set with all new unreleased characters. Alpha FLight sure fits the bill for that.

And with all the awesomeness that is this year, can you imagine just how much more awesome next year has to be? At least that's how my kids view every Christmas, so it must apply here also.

S...Santa? SANTA!!!!!!!!!! <3

As for the rest... they're not Santa. However... As the ERBOH have said... "I AM CHUCK F**KING NORRIS! I'VE SPREAD MORE BLOOD AND GORE THAN FORTY SCORE OF YOUR PUNY CIVIL WAR BITCH! I SPLIT THE UNION WITH A ROUNDHOUSE KICK! I WEAR A BLACKBELT ON THE BEARD THAT I GROW ON MY D**K!"

That minimate is gonna bring me more joy that most any before him. So much fun to be had... I really want that holy trinity though. Willis, Stallone, Ahnold. Epic fun to be had. I don't even care who they are in those damn movies. I don't. It's Willis, Stallone, Ahnold, CHUCK F**KING NORRIS... It's a GREAT group of minimates. IcannotwaitIcannotwait...

I. Want. That. F**king Lizard. It looks AMAZING. Spider-Man and The Lizard in that set are AWESOME. I'll get the Spidey pack, the Lizard pack, and that's it... Otherwise not my thing. MAYBE First Night Out and Conners.

Trek: Awww COME ON. Kirk and Spock again? Dammit... I like the Enterprise... but I do NOT want another Kirk and Spock.

HALO: No comment. I really don't care about HALO...

Marvel:

I'm losing interest in Marvel. It's not because of poor quality product Zach it's because I just kinda stopped doing the comics and you've done most all of the characters I want. Kudos amigo. That given though... I like these for what they ar...WHATTHEFUCKHAPPENEDTOWOLVERINE!? Sorry I know there must be a comic basis but DAMN that's scary. Venom TTA is AMAZING. I heart that set. Rhino I love. I really do. Avengers Movieverse... Not bad. I'll get the ones that are substantially different from original versions. Which means I'll have to be getting them all... [sigh] Poor wallet.

DST if you don't make Santa available I will have to go have Mini Hulk smash your super deformed Enterprise.

Hey Trekker, Spock is apparently just a placeholder, and the ship will come with Kirk and Scotty.

That makes more sense! Then they can use Spock and another character to sell the repaint.

But this would be the perfect opportunity to give us a Mirror Mirror Scotty and Chekov!

SOOO much greatness this year! BUT where's The Mummy's Ardeth Bey with Fez hat figure??

Did the DST UM pics show all the TRU exclusives? I saw B&W Hunchback but no other B&W figure. I hope there are more UM figure's we haven't seen - I would easily give up either the civilian man or woman for an Ardeth Bey with Fez hat figure!

And Calico Jack = WIN! More accessories!!!! :biggrin: Looks like I'll be buying even MORE of wave 2 than I did of wave 1!