UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New York Toy Fair 2012

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is surprising to me, having never seen the Expendables, how recognizable many of those faces are in Minimate form!

The TRU Amazing Spider-Man exclusives look good, and the Lizard looks like a home run, love the new legs and poseable tail!

Thor's swinging hammer effect looks great!

Who is the female Venom? I love the Eddie Brock transformation, great job!

That Hulk set is made of Win. Maestro is one of my most wanted mates, as is Mr.Fixit, cave-Hulk and Composite Hulk just look cool... so for me it’s a perfect set, I’ll take 8! Venom set also looks pretty great.

Also Movie Lizard Minimate is cute as hell and I’m 85% convinced Movie Peter Parker has the Freakazoid hair I’ve been looking for! So that’s pretty spiff too!

The highlights for me were the X-Men wave and the Hulk Through the Ages set. I can't wait for those!! I really like the Walking Dead zombies too. Although they aren't quite as interesting as Maximum Zombies, I love the new pieces and the facial expressions. And how cool is the bulked up Rhino? So much awesome stuff overall! DST definitely hit a homerun this year.

Did anyone else crack up when they saw Spock in the Enterprise body?

As far back as I can remember, this is probably the best showing of Minimates at TF I've ever seen. As Zach promised, I feel blown away.

Although, as much as I'm thrilled to see Trek getting a bone thrown at it, I'm screaming inside that we're getting another Kirk and Spock. Had that been an Enterprise D with two TNG characters (in time for the anniversary) I'd be much more excited.

Whoa, I'm a little overwhelmed. Everything looks so good... :wub:

Quick thoughts:

-I see we're still pushing the X-Men. :rolleyes: That's okay, because at least there are several here that I actually want! Thrilled about Longshot and Dazzler. Glad I never made those customs! New Colossus looks terrific, as does new Havok. Even Rogue and Storm, two of my least favorite characters ever, look fantastic.

-Modok might have gotten some competition for Minimate of the Year in the Brood Queen.

-Gotta say, it's amazing how much seeing actual samples changes my opinion of these things. A lot of the Minimates I was on the fence about (like Prof. Hulk) just look great.

-Stone Cold's got a bulked up chest! :biggrin: Gimme a hell yeah!

-If that's not Lara Croft, I don't know whom it could be.

-Alpha Flight begins! This is exactly what I was hoping we'd get (a box set filled out by a two-pack or two). Glad I never got started on that Box custom!

-I was surprised to see the Venom set, but man, do they look great. Suck it, Lee Burns!

Too much goodness, guys. Too much. Fantastic work, and I won't even point out that there's not one new Avengers member here! :biggrin: