UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New York Toy Fair 2012

1329103996[/url]' post='214377']
1329103126[/url]' post='214370']

Trust me, no, you don't want to buy the Mcfarlane Walking Dead figures.

I think that was one of Michael's Cool Toy Review's worst toy lines of the year.

review_walkdeadtv1_5.jpg

Why is his butt on backwards?

Edited by The Geohound

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that was one of Michael's Cool Toy Review's worst toy lines of the year.

review_walkdeadtv1_5.jpg

Its the new Kriss Kross!

I have a question... Does Mattel sell anything at brick and mortar stores anymore? All I saw was more stuff you have to buy from their site, through a subscription. Did they just officially give up on retail? (smattering of YJ and Batmen not withstanding) I've got kids who would happily be buying toys from the current Voltron cartoon, if only some were offered them.

And thanks for taking a second, Zach. Know you're running.

And we've got a year, gang, to figure it out. We need representation at the TF next year.

I could do it. I'm only a few hours from New York. And I actually served as press at a couple Wizard World Phillys years ago. :thumbsup:

As for your question about Mattel: they've ended the DC Universe Classics line at retail with wave 20 (which is supposedly in stores now, although I don't know if anyone's seen it. I bought the ones I wanted loose last month) in favor of a relaunched line, DC All Stars, that will focus on the big guns in their new, ugly Jim Lee costumes.

The online subscriber thing seems to have worked pretty well for them, so I'm not surprised they're continuing down that road. He-Man's been the backbone of their online offerings, though Ghostbusters didn't do too well for them. I agree that Voltron would probably do okay for them at retail, but then again, with such a high cost, maybe not.

As someone that's bought a lot of Mattel DC toys at retail, let me tell you: I'm happy to have the subscription. You guys think finding Minimates at Toys R Us is bad? You have NO IDEA how frustrating collecting toys can be until you've collected Justice League Unlimited figures. DCUC's been no walk in the park either. :verymad:

Look at that, I educated Miry about something for a change. And on his birthday no less. :biggrin:

Haha, I love this board. Can't wait to see the NECA line and so pumped for DST's announcements. What do you dudes think of the Lego announcements?

The Frankenstein monster set looks pretty cool,the other monster Lego sets look meh.

The avengers Lego sets are the most pitiful pieces of sh*t,I am sorry but I expected MUCH better then a bunch of vehicles and 1 complete meh set..

I like the Monster Hunter sets, but more for nostalgia's sake. When i was a kid, the Steve Speilberg/Hollywood sets were just coming out and they were my favorite things ever. I vividly remember sitting in the kitchen with my mom on the phone with the Lego Shop, calling to see if they had any Mad Scientist Castle sets left (they had like 3, so i was a very happy child). My favorite, of course, was the Mummy set (if my current excitement for the Mummy Minimates isn't evident enough).

They are rather underwhelming though. I hate this new Lego trend where everything has to be a vehicle. I like playsets. That said, OH MY GOD that Castle is stellar. Marvel was underwhelming and Jabba's Palace is just great.

Mattel really hit this show home for me. Great showing and i couldn't be happier i took the risk getting the sub. Masters, luckily, i'm not liking at all besides Fisto, so i'm just as happy i did NOT subscribe.

Expendables?? Hmmph. I didn't see the first and i don't know if i'll see the second, but the idea of the actors and not the characters as minimates is amusing. Not sure if i'm in or not yet.

review_walkdeadtv1_5.jpg

Its the new Kriss Kross!

C'mon dark red, don't be too harsh the poor guy was just trying to mimic your avatars pose!

SORRY NO POSTS TODAY, GUYS. wouldn't be fair to tthe press I have coming tomorrow. In the name of peace, no DC matges, no SW mates. Walkin Dead we have an entire assortment finished, plus Expendables, MAX, Pirates UM and more Tomorrow I have 18 press appts, so.. why are none of you here, as deputized writers for MMHQ?

I'm loving the Expendables. Wonderful.

Did Zach say, "no DC matges"? Is this a clever ruse to leave a back-door open for more DC Minimates? Ya, I didn't think so.

I think we will see more Capcom v. Marvel tomorrow. Return of Ghostbusters, that is the line that is coming back (in my humble opinion).

SORRY NO POSTS TODAY, GUYS. wouldn't be fair to tthe press I have coming tomorrow. In the name of peace, no DC matges, no SW mates. Walkin Dead we have an entire assortment finished, plus Expendables, MAX, Pirates UM and more Tomorrow I have 18 press appts, so.. why are none of you here, as deputized writers for MMHQ?

Did Zach say, "no DC matges"? Is this a clever ruse to leave a back-door open for more DC Minimates? Ya, I didn't think so.

I think we will see more Capcom v. Marvel tomorrow. Return of Ghostbusters, that is the line that is coming back (in my humble opinion).

I agree... deifinatley get DC mates now!

But I am pumped about the Expendables!

Not an amazing movie, but I enjoyed it anyway. Think of the possibilities...

Motorcycles?

Think of all the customs we can create with the heads alone.

Dolf Lungren's head on Rocky's body = Ivan Drago (Rocky 4).

Bruce Willis - take your pic of movies.

Stone Cold Steve Austin... need I go on!?

He didn't deny Star Trek mates.

review_walkdeadtv1_5.jpg

Its the new Kriss Kross!

C'mon dark red, don't be too harsh the poor guy was just trying to mimic your avatars pose!

Spaceballs: President Screwb: "Why didn't somebody tell me my ass was so big?"

With all those zombies around he needs to watch out for his ass.

SOLD!

:lol:

That's as good a reason as any!!

Good to see this thread return to some light hearted Banter, I'm looking forward to seeing what pictures will be published and the news from DST regarding their new products. Anyone know roughly what time these pictures will surface?? :unsure:

Rich

Is that a Tomb Raider Minimate?!?!?!?!? :jawdrop:

I love the Hunchback sets!

USS Enterprise confirmed!!!

New Hulk set artwork, with Maestro, Fixit, composite Red/Green, and what looks like Ultimate Hulk from the Ultimate Hulk VS Wolverine mini (bone necklace)

WAVE 47: AUSTRALIA X-MEN!!!!

BROOD!!!!! DAZZLER!!!!! LONGSHOT!!!!! BULKED COLOSSUS!!!!! ROGUE!!!!! WOLVERINE!!!!! BROOD INFECTED WOLVIE!!!!

Bulked Colossus and Wolvie can do a 'Fastball Special'!!!

Venom Through the Ages, with new Flash Venom! (Take that, Lee Burns! :tongue: ) :unsure:

New TRU wave revealed, first Alpha Flight figures!!! Box & Vindicator!!! New black suit Havok and Storm, Miles Morales Spidey and Ultimate Cap, Iron Man and BULKED UP RHINO!!!

New MAX look great, and Calico Jack Wave 2! Santa Pirate Ship w/ Santa Claus???? :blink:

from what i saw what everybody was asking came true.i wanted an updated venom and a flash venom as well as more spidey,someone other wanted a brood,expendables look sweet,love that santa,and in spongebob's words:

"it's the best day evaaaar,it's the best,it's the best,it's best,it's the best day ever......."

Sorry for all the typed excitement, folks!

Zach, great job to you, Chuck, and all of DST! There are a lot of Marvel characters here that people have been asking for a long time, so kudos for listening to us. :highfive2:

That Australia X-Men wave alone, will make Nessex' head explode! :biggrin:

And I can only assume that the TRU Alpha Flight set is to supposrt an exclusive Boxset or two that haven't been announced yet, right?