UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New York Toy Fair 2012

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, maybe there won't be DC, why do you guys slam people for saying they hope it is? We haven't seen anything from them yet ( which is kid of annoying, since so many other companies have tons of photos out there) why can't we hope and speculate that it will be a surprise we want? Unless you guys work for DST, can you say with such certainty that we will never see DC or Star Wars. Thanks for taking some of the fun out of this.... Which, the last time I checked, was a discussion forum.

So, maybe there won't be DC, why do you guys slam people for saying they hope it is? We haven't seen anything from them yet ( which is kid of annoying, since so many other companies have tons of photos out there) why can't we hope and speculate that it will be a surprise we want? Unless you guys work for DST, can you say with such certainty that we will never see DC or Star Wars. Thanks for taking some of the fun out of this.... Which, the last time I checked, was a discussion forum.

simply because DST has said over and over and freaking over...no star wars and no dc. simple as zz that.

not trying to be a buzz kill, but there has to be some buzz first.

in simplier terms, she broke up with you man, move on, it doesnt matter how much you want her back, she isnt going to call.

Settle down dude! I was asking a question. Show me where they said it will never happen again. And for one final note, this may be one of my last posts on this board, I'm tired of people not being able to express their thoughts without getting put down. I'll pack my bags, move out with my new family and find somewhere else to live. so feel free to blast everyone you want.

Actually, what DST has constantly said that if DC or Star Wars were interested, they'd do Minimates. That's not saying no and that's why people hold out hope. Frankly, I think the likelyhood of SW ever saying they want Minimates is almost a certainty that it'll never happen, but with how bizarre DC runs their company there's always a chance that it could change down the road. I doubt it will, but I don't think it's impossible.

And for those that keep saying Star Wars because it's shown at DST's booth, don't forget they do bust banks for SW: it's not a sign from God that Minimates are happening.

Also there is something like a sw display which I suppose is meant to be filled with figures,just wait and see.;)

Don't really want to pop your balloon but dst does own a star wars lisence for action figures,which is Probabbly what that is for,but if it were for minimates :teehee:

Settle down dude! I was asking a question. Show me where they said it will never happen again. And for one final note, this may be one of my last posts on this board, I'm tired of people not being able to express their thoughts without getting put down. I'll pack my bags, move out with my new family and find somewhere else to live. so feel free to blast everyone you want.

I actually dont remember "blasting" anyone, I simply said attention this is not going to happen.

as far as you moving on, I get that, there have been times we have all contemplated it present company included.

it would be a shame to have you go but i understand.

I've never understood why there aren't 6" SW or GI Joe figures. Either would sell well in a Marvel Legends style.

And how come no one's mentioned the large sign for Overstrike on DSTs booth? Looks like they're becoming more of a video game company afterall. Still no Mortal Kombat signs yet though... dry.gif

It looks like Hasbro has the Trek Block-figure lisence from here on in . . . :/
It doesn't seem like building blocks licenses conflict with minifigure ones, if Marvel Lego is anything to go by.

Fair point! I'm not a Trek fan, but i'll keep my fingers crossed for those of you who are :)

I actually dont remember "blasting" anyone, I simply said attention this is not going to happen.

as far as you moving on, I get that, there have been times we have all contemplated it present company included.

it would be a shame to have you go but i understand.

Well, if you said you don't "think" its going to happen, thats cool. the way you said it wasn't as toned down as you have just quoted yourself either. it was more of an in your face type of comment. i was not just directing this at you, dinobot doesn't seem to want people to have their own thoughts and opinions either. everyone on here should be entitled to their own opinion, even you guys, its just not polite to tell people their own thoughts are wrong, when noone knows for sure now do they? and maybe you didnt blast, iut you got very cocky... just saying.

peace

You'll either see the point or not but......there was an ex-mod here that closed down the then current Dr.Who thread because he decided (I guess) that that was it .....no Doctor Who Minimates so no thread.... Now I know that that guy wanted Dr.Who Minimates more than anybody else here ....yet he threw the towel in . I'm not one for rules & regulations but that single act was perhaps the worst moment I have ever seen on this forum.... apart from a couple of lame mocking avatars <_< .

It is irritating to see the 'DC Minimates again?' & the 'fat chance of Star Wars minimates' threads but fuck me I haven't seen too many...... 'what happened to Street Fighter'....... & pictures of dead horses being flogged..... lately.

I'm not completely happy with everything we've seen lately & I make my comments known ....I look forward to everybody else being able to do the same without treading on eggshells.

BTW ...you have 12 minutes to start a 'Happy Birthday buttheadsmate thread' ...........G'night. :thumbsup:

Actually, what DST has constantly said that if DC or Star Wars were interested, they'd do Minimates. That's not saying no and that's why people hold out hope. Frankly, I think the likelyhood of SW ever saying they want Minimates is almost a certainty that it'll never happen, but with how bizarre DC runs their company there's always a chance that it could change down the road. I doubt it will, but I don't think it's impossible.

And for those that keep saying Star Wars because it's shown at DST's booth, don't forget they do bust banks for SW: it's not a sign from God that Minimates are happening.

This! Exactly. DC and Star Wars (and I think you can throw GI Joe in there as well) would happen in a heartbeat if Warners and Lucas agreed. The door on those will never be shut.

Look, I'm not saying DC will happen, but might I remind you of this quote from one Mr. Zach Oat:

I can think of two lines that are defunct (or thought of as defunct) that are currently getting new items in 2012, although one of those might only be seen as getting an extra something-something. Hopefully all of our plans come to fruition.

Of the defunct lines out there, DC certainly makes the most sense. People have to remember that both DC and DCD are very different then they were last time around: DST has a very lucrative deal with Toys R Us, which gives Minimates a guaranteed presence in toy aisles, something DC has traditionally been receptive to; and DC Direct is basically dead as a toy company. Sure, they still crank out statues, but toys? Not so much, really. It's probably just a few waves a year. So, while we won't see Art Asylum designing Minimates for DC Direct to solicit and supply ever again, that does not mean we won't see DC Minimates again.

Maybe I'm just being overly optimistic. But I don't think it's that unreal a possibility.

That's how I see it too. I'm not waiting with bated breath or anything, but it's hardly unreasonable to still hope for DC (or Star Wars). I think some folks just confuse hope for expectations. Meh. The important thing is that we should have some news about what is in fact coming soon, right?