UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New York Toy Fair 2012

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Will Gardian/vindicator (Heather Hudson) have a clear mask?

2) Are you guys going to have even MORE new stuff to debut @ SDCC? I can't imagine too much more awesomeness this year!

1) I'll check.

2) I'm sure there will be SOMETHING new there. We'll see.

Zach - can you comment if the Halo Series 4 Master Chief will have the correct armor as solicited:

The Master Chief on display at the show appears to be the same one we already have, hoping that was just a mix up for the show.

Hrm. I'll check.

Any chance that Rhino will have non-braclet arms/legs for a classic look?

Is the Hulk poster we've seen a 4-pack Hulk through the Ages or will it be part of a series?

Probably not. And it's a 4-pack we may make, yes.

Any chance of getting the Cross-Costumes as a box set or anything like that? I would love to get Steve as Charlie so I could kit base a better Charlie then “Wolverine Vest + Egon Hair"

Cross your own costumes! Minimate head swaps. (No plans that I know of.)

Cross your own costumes! Minimate head swaps. (No plans that I know of.)

I can’t cross my own costumes, you guys can’t make Charlie since he’s not in MvC3 OR SFxT!!! (if I buy all of the MvC3 AND SFxT sets will guys make a line of just Street Fighters so I *can* get a Charlie?!)

Edited by dr baghead

Personally I hope Guile uses a movie-Hulk style big chest piece (like Stone Cold) and they Mega Rage Zangief (and Sagat should be sized like the new Colossus, not ‘Mega Raged’ but bigger then a movie-hulk)

given the Shotokans have sculpted Gi’s and Chun-Li sculpted shoulders (and should I hope and dream we get full on SF line and a Charlie or maybe Steve dressed as Charlie in this line at least, Charlie has a vest) Guile would look awfully small being a vanilla mate (It’s what I like call “Batman Syndrome” were an overly muscular 6ft+ man is made tinier then the girls and skinny dudes he hangs out with minimate form because they have skirts, big hair, coats, arm/leg accessories, etc bulking them up) and if you Bulk Guile then ‘Gief and Sagat need to be made EVEN BIGGER.

Seriously, I’m gonna buy them all, but I’ll be VERY disappointed if ‘Gief is built like Haggar (Sagat can be built like Haggar though, that’s cool) and Guile is vanilla with a funky fresh hair do.

Pretty much QFT. I'm interested in seeing how Hugo is done as he's the largest character in the SF roster (seven foot something from what I recall).

My one gripe would be we're getting Havoc in the same costume we already have, on a figure that really doesn't need an update, from a wave that is STILL sitting at LCSs and toy shows around me. Couldn't we have gotten, like, Savage Land Rogue or something?

This is where DST would argue that the only other members of the Outback era team were Psylocke and Gateway. Besty just saw release in her Outback era armor not too long ago. Havok's release was several years ago, and not nearly as wide a distrobution as TRU can get him.

Me? Given a choice I'd go with Gateway, with a special lower torso base that would allow him to sit cross-legged and his spinny thingy he used to open the portals. But I can understand why DST might think re-releasing Havok was a better option than a mostly naked old man. Go figure.

Why just settle for someone to pick that was on the Outback team? Why not go with another villian in the wave?

Why just settle for someone to pick that was on the Outback team? Why not go with another villian in the wave?

Well the goal by DST was clearly to complete the Outback squad sans Betsy this summer. I was just rolling with their intent. >shrug<

But if you want a Outback era villain, how about a Reaver? Skullbreaker or Pretty Boy? Reavered up Donald Pierce would be really, really cool too.

You could dump Storm altogether and go with a Nanny and Orphanmaker 2 pack.

Or insert any of the many, many MIA Brotherhood members here.

But if you want a Outback era villain, how about a Reaver? Skullbreaker or Pretty Boy? Reavered up Donald Pierce would be really, really cool too.

Just re-read the 1st Domino limited series. Damn, how i'd love a Skullbreaker or D Pierce! But - surely they have to be on the lowest possible rung of x-related characters to be made.

Damn, how i'd love a Skullbreaker or D Pierce! But - surely they have to be on the lowest possible rung of x-related characters to be made.

No, that rung is still reserved for Gideon. :thumbsup:

and/or Adam X the X-treme!

If they were going to dump Havok from this set, the choices I'd propose are:

1. Polaris as Malice;

2. Maddie Pryor as the Goblin Queen;

3. Forge.

Any would work for me, though Forge would be my choice.

Damn, how i'd love a Skullbreaker or D Pierce! But - surely they have to be on the lowest possible rung of x-related characters to be made.

and/or Adam X the X-treme!

If they were going to dump Havok from this set, the choices I'd propose are:

1. Polaris as Malice;

2. Maddie Pryor as the Goblin Queen;

3. Forge.

Any would work for me, though Forge would be my choice.

^ I'll take any of those. ^

And I know it's been a while since we've had Havoc, but my point still stands that he is still readily available around me, doesn't need an update, and the new one is essentially the same except for the mask.

I'm not complaining. Just... flummoxed.

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

He said lowest, not highest. You must have been confused.

Especially since I've always hated that costume of Havok's. And now we have two of it? :confused:

Goblin Queen FTW. I've never heard of Malice (Polaris, sure), Skullbreaker or Adam X, but I know who Gideon & Donald Pierce are, and I wouldn't consider them "lowest possible rung" just based on knowing who they are (I'm a big X-fan, but I'm far from super-knowledgable).

I'd love more Hellfire Club members. We've got two Black Queens, a White Queen, and a bunch of guards (one, technically, :lol:), but that's it. Pierce (could come with some cool cybernetic accessories), Jason Wyngarde (HFC version, please, not Brotherhood), Shaw (comic version, please <_<), Harry Leland, Tessa/Sage, Cassandra Nova, heck, even Trevor Fitzroy...

But, then, going back to Havok, I'd rather have all of the 90's X-Factor team before HFC...

Edited by TENIME_art

And I know it's been a while since we've had Havoc, but my point still stands that he is still readily available around me, doesn't need an update,

Oh, I keep forgeting this is all about you. My bad. :rolleyes:

I've never heard of Malice (Polaris, sure), Skullbreaker or Adam X,

I dunno who Skullbreaker is either (unless he's one of the Marauders?), but Malice is/was a "psychic vampire" that jumped from host body to host body and possessed Polaris post-Massacre, which lead directly to Havok rejoining the X-Men as an active member. Did you ever see Polaris with punky hair and dressed in leather? That was when Malice possessed her. The cool thing about doing a Polaris/Malice Minimate is that Malice's possession physically manifested itself as a choker around the neck, so you could take it off Polaris and have any other 'mate possessed by Malice. :thumbsup:

As for Adam X the X-Treme, all you need to know is this:

x-treme_adam_X_h2.jpg

:unsure:

Had the name wrong, my bad again. He's called Skullbuster, one of the cyborgs called the Reavers

Skullbuster_%28Earth-616%29.jpg

I would prefer a Reaver over Havok, but have no complaints with a Havok with slip mask. Miry's logic (and probably DST's) makes perfect sense. Complete the team for folks who weren't collecting Minimates 5 years ago, don't wanna go to eBay looking for the older figure, and don't live in TM2's home town.

. . .or in New York City. . .alright? Sheesh! ;) My comic shop had those for the longest time, as well. Frankly, I don't think Havok is a great, eye catching, iconic character on the order of so many others. But he is a solid B-level Marvel character. He's been around for a long time. And he was an important member of the X-verse during the point in time the storyline DST is mining took place. So, he's worthy of having another figure in my book. Perhaps not as worthy as Banshee, but worthy nonetheless.

Edited by karamazov80

I've always liked Havok and had a soft spot for this costume, but that aside, I don't see how DST could release an Outback wave and NOT include Havok. If this were just an ordinary X-wave, and Havok weren't included, I wouldn't think about it. But I'd be bummed if he weren't updated and paired with this specific wave. If that makes sense.

Edited by Turtle

Havok and Polarus on Amazon for 4 bucks in the box. With many others for less than 10.Ebay is probably just as cheap and easy to find. I think Havok was just a cheap option to add to the wave while saving costs. Part of the reason we see so many Thor/Iron Man/Wolvie/Spideys.

To say new people want to finish the team and can't find it online is bullshit. I don't think the slip on mask is a big deal at all. I loved nearly everything else from DST, but this stood out.

The focus should always be on new characters, release this Havok in 2014 after X-Factor,Brotherhood of Evil,Falcon,Kang, etc.

If they are new collectors,then why worry about finishing all the teams, they have plenty of older mates to collect.

I'd like Falcon and Kang, absolutely... but I really think this Havok looks fantastic. I've always liked everything about the old one except the yelling expression on his face. I dig the slip on mask with eye-holes and can't really picture anybody else going great with that Outback X-Men set offhand better than him.