UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New York Toy Fair 2012

.............. but f*ck me I haven't seen too many...... 'what happened to Street Fighter'....... & pictures of dead horses being flogged..... lately.

All I need to figure out now is..... Tekken?

I'm not sure myself but i think its a film with Liam Neeson about his kidnapped daughter in Paris!

I think I thaw that movie... Liam Neethon is thutch a thewperb actor ,I thaw him in in Schthtindlers Lisp ..awethome.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lara Croft Tomb Raider

Altair Assassins Creed

Kratos God of War

Dastan Prince of Persia

:yes:

I'd rather see Kratos in with one of the Gods from his game. We have some VERY visually interesting gods in this game. Like Zeus for example. Very cool looking character. Athena is excellent. Ares of course... Really God of War shouldn't be lumped in with a bunch of characters that kinda don't have as interesting of a supporting cast as God of War. The design team really makes God of War stand out visually and I think that Minimates of the series should get a chance to show off how damn cool the designs are.

Plus Minimate Greek Pantheon. How else are we likely to get it? Thought so.

Would you really want a shuttle craft that's so out of scale with the main ship, though?

Considering the Galileo is a lot closer to being in scale with the figures than the Enterprise, absolutely.

I understand wanting to use the Enterprise as a hook for retailers (who are probably more familiar with the starship than the shuttlecraft) but the concept seems forced. I'd much rather see playsets that serve as toys and displays but there's a good chance DST can't offer such an item contractually. I think the shuttle's got just as much play value as the starship if not more simply because it seats more characters.

As it stands, the Enterprise is just a way to get a captain's chair. I'm hopeful that it'll come with figure variants I don't have but that might amount to a grimacing Kirk and a panic-stricken Scotty. A refit of the same ship could have gone a lot further toward making fans happy and saving costs down the road since it could have been repurposed for a handful of films (TMP, TWOK, TSFS, and TVH). With this TOS-era ship we'll be lucky to see a Mirror Universe variant and that's it.

But again, I don't know what the "rules" are. I'm not privy to the contract agreement and in my own experience developing licensed product for retailers, there's gotta be more that went into this direction than meets the eye.

Really excited for Street Fighter x Tekken. Getting all the characters from the Street Fighter side will be simply amazing. Not a huge fan of Tekken, but i used to play it one PS1 so I will keep the characters I recognize.

Hope we get Kuma. Who wouldn't want a grizzly bear wearing a bandanna? Cute AND deadly!

SFXT-Street-Fighter-X-Tekken-Official-Game-Art-Kuma-Character-Poster.jpg

Really excited for Street Fighter x Tekken. Getting all the characters from the Street Fighter side will be simply amazing. Not a huge fan of Tekken, but i used to play it one PS1 so I will keep the characters I recognize.

Hope we get Kuma. Who wouldn't want a grizzly bear wearing a bandanna? Cute AND deadly!

http://www.game-art-hq.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/SFXT-Street-Fighter-X-Tekken-Official-Game-Art-Kuma-Character-Poster.jpg

I can't wait to see Kuma either. The game also has "Costume Swap" where a SF character dresses as someone from Tekken and vice versa. Zangeif is dressed as Kuma (which looks more like he killed and skinned him) and personally I'd love to see that as a minimate. I can't remember if Geif is in wave 1 or not, but I think he's best off paired with Kuma due to his backstory.

Edited by pawcanada

Considering the Galileo is a lot closer to being in scale with the figures than the Enterprise, absolutely.

[...]

A refit of the same ship could have gone a lot further toward making fans happy and saving costs down the road since it could have been repurposed for a handful of films (TMP, TWOK, TSFS, and TVH).

Agreed on both counts. Then Spock would make perfect sense in the engineering area. :nuke:

If you think about it ...& I have....the Enterprise is meant to be huge so anything produced as a toy is bloody unlikely to have any figures of any description scale......you can't have your cake & eat it*.

Compromising with the ship we've seen is quite a clever idea IMHO.

*One or two pieces of yesterday's cake weren't incinerated & are still edible...& I've ate some.... which completely blows that idiom out of the water.

Pawcanada, where exactly can this leaked list be viewed? BTW thanks for the link, I'm not really up on my knowledge of Tekken characters.

No problem mate. It can be found here:

http://www.hadoken.net/?p=4533

Other leaked lists have flown around, suggesting characters like Sakura, Karin and R.Mika but this seems to be the clocest (the previous ones could have been official then scrapped).

Thanks Pawcanada!

I am excited as hell to hear about this Street Fighter business, as well! Tekken, well. . .I'll take that means to an end! Ken, Sagat, Guile, and Zangief? Hell yeah!

Guile & Zangief were part of the old cancelled Series 2 right?

I take it they'll be using those as the base models?

Probably not, if the new Felicia is anything to go by.

I really think DST knocked a home run with their showing, trumping the competition! The other companies seemed lackluster mostly, but the minimates stole the show for me! Never having seen Expendables, I can already see the custom potential - Lone Wolf McQuade, 80s movie Punisher... :)

honestly...thats it???

x men characters that people have been begging for for years?

army builders that can be used across multiple lines and different environments?

spot on renditions from what will likely be THE superhero films this year?

through the ages sets that dont include iron man or captain america?

video game characters that everyone that ever pumped a quarter into a fighting game knows?

a movie line that has every 80s tough guy action stars for easy customization?

i expected more DST....I expected more....

:)

moc847

damn fine job, now f)*&^ing make Kang will you...

Guile & Zangief were part of the old cancelled Series 2 right?

I take it they'll be using those as the base models?

I doubt it very seriously. Those prototypes were made many many moons ago, and things have changed a lot for DST from then until now--philosophically, in terms of what they can do, and in terms of what they need to do to appease their business partners I reckon.

Personally I hope Guile uses a movie-Hulk style big chest piece (like Stone Cold) and they Mega Rage Zangief (and Sagat should be sized like the new Colossus, not ‘Mega Raged’ but bigger then a movie-hulk)

given the Shotokans have sculpted Gi’s and Chun-Li sculpted shoulders (and should I hope and dream we get full on SF line and a Charlie or maybe Steve dressed as Charlie in this line at least, Charlie has a vest) Guile would look awfully small being a vanilla mate (It’s what I like call “Batman Syndrome” were an overly muscular 6ft+ man is made tinier then the girls and skinny dudes he hangs out with minimate form because they have skirts, big hair, coats, arm/leg accessories, etc bulking them up) and if you Bulk Guile then ‘Gief and Sagat need to be made EVEN BIGGER.

Seriously, I’m gonna buy them all, but I’ll be VERY disappointed if ‘Gief is built like Haggar (Sagat can be built like Haggar though, that’s cool) and Guile is vanilla with a funky fresh hair do.

My one gripe would be we're getting Havoc in the same costume we already have, on a figure that really doesn't need an update, from a wave that is STILL sitting at LCSs and toy shows around me. Couldn't we have gotten, like, Savage Land Rogue or something?

This is where DST would argue that the only other members of the Outback era team were Psylocke and Gateway. Besty just saw release in her Outback era armor not too long ago. Havok's release was several years ago, and not nearly as wide a distrobution as TRU can get him.

Me? Given a choice I'd go with Gateway, with a special lower torso base that would allow him to sit cross-legged and his spinny thingy he used to open the portals. But I can understand why DST might think re-releasing Havok was a better option than a mostly naked old man. Go figure.