UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New York Toy Fair 2012

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.............. but f*ck me I haven't seen too many...... 'what happened to Street Fighter'....... & pictures of dead horses being flogged..... lately.

All I need to figure out now is..... Tekken?

I'm not sure myself but i think its a film with Liam Neeson about his kidnapped daughter in Paris!

My hope for new DC Minimates will never die. Much like my hope that someday Crystal Pepsi will return.

I live a sad, foolish life...

I play the part as well. Crystal Pepsi was just so clever. And then they tease us with a limited, Mexico-only Pepsi Clear.

Like Miry, I'm happy for everyone that is happy for SFvT. Not really my cup of tea, but... with MvC3, it actually might be hard to say no. I feel like DST is pressuring me into this, and I'm not sure I'm comfortable with it. I like DST and want to make DST happy, but it feels like DST is always pushing me to try new things. Sometimes I just want the basic, old fashioned 'mates. I know, I know, we used to have Street Fighter. We used to love Street Fighter. Now, I come home from work, and I'm just so tired, I don't know if I have the energy for Street Fighter. But it is Valentine's Day, so I guess I can find the energy for some more Street Fighter. For old times' sake.

My hope for new DC Minimates will never die.

Same here!

I truly believe it will one day happen, it might all just be a matter of how much money DC wants.

But the important thing for everyone to remember is that DC is a huge corporation in business to make money. People in power at DC change all the time, which is different from a George Lucas-style Empire. It might take a change in power at DC or just a dumptruck of cash, but I do believe that it will happen again *one day* (may be 2030 for all we know). Lego has been around for *decades* before we ever saw DC or Marvel sets, and I'm sure Lego fans dreamed of DC Legos for decades too.

Street Fighter X Tekken

Series 1 - June (Ken/Steve, Sagat/King, Cammy/Nina, Poison/Lili)

Series 1 (Toys R Us) - June (Ken/Steve, Sagat/King, Zangief/Marduk, Guile/Raven)

Wow, it looks like I got into Minimates at just the right time. Here I was planning on picking up as many of the SFII mates that I missed out on, only to read this. This is definitely great news!

Called it ;)

As a fan of the more obscure SF characters, I'm happy to get Abel, Hugo, Juri, Ibuki and (if the leaked list is anything to go by), Elena and my main (i.e. the character I primarily use for those not familiar with the term) Dudley. Plus with rumours of Cody and Guy being in the game as well, we can get a Final Fight reunion. However I do hope they start mixing them in with the mainstream characters as the last thing I want is for the iconic ones to be in the first few waves and then it gets cancelled before I get my Dudley :S (again, if the leaked list is anything to go by). It's a shame some of my other obscure favourites - Alex, Yun, Yang and Makoto aren't scheduled to appear.

I'm also keen to see how Kuma (a bear for the non-Tekken players) is done, and Yoshimitsu's sword should be great for customisers. Plus I'd love to see the PS3 exclusives Bad Box Art Megaman, Pacman and Cole. For those not familiar with the game and/or characters, I'd suggest going here.

Pawcanada, where exactly can this leaked list be viewed? BTW thanks for the link, I'm not really up on my knowledge of Tekken characters.

My hope for new DC Minimates will never die.

I'm really hoping that DC Minimates make a comeback as well. They were my first introduction to Minimates and I really wish we could get as many DC characters in Minimate form as DST has been able to make for Marvel.

Pawcanada, where exactly can this leaked list be viewed? BTW thanks for the link, I'm not really up on my knowledge of Tekken characters.

No problem mate. It can be found here:

http://www.hadoken.net/?p=4533

Other leaked lists have flown around, suggesting characters like Sakura, Karin and R.Mika but this seems to be the clocest (the previous ones could have been official then scrapped).

There are also a few trailers on YouTube worth checking of the two sides fighting each other (bar the last one, the Tekken characters pretty much curb stomp the SF characters; Kazuya even killed joke character Dan in a fight and tossed his body aside, confirming Dan won't be appearing in the game). I should mention characters are in teams, but I'm saving the match up for the SFxT thread I'm composing. Also, this article on Event Hubs shows the story primers and special team intros for announced cast so far (Bison, Jin, Akuma and Ogre have yet to be confirmed so they aren't in it).

Cool Toy Review posted a list of release dates for what's been shown for all things DST:

Knight Rider

1:15 KITT - July

1:15 Super Pursuit Mode KITT - July

Star Trek

Retro Cloth Picard - April

Retro Cloth Borg - April

Retro Cloth Mirror Kirk - TBD

Retro Cloth Mirror Spock - TBD

Enterprise Minimates Vehicle with Kirk & Scotty - TBD

Avengers

Marvel Select Hulk - April

Marvel Select Iron Man Mark VI (re-issue) - April

Marvel Select Hawkeye - May

Marvel Select Mystery Foe - May

Marvel Minimates Wave 45 - May (Hulk/Iron Man, Captain America/Thor, Maria Hill/Mystery Foe#1, short-packed Mystery Foe#2/Mystery Foe #1)

Marvel Minimates Avengers Movie Wave (Toys R Us) - April (Hulk/Iron Man, Captain America/Thor, Hawkeye/Black Widow, Nick Fury/Loki)

Amazing Spider-Man

Marvel Select Spider-Man - June

Marvel Select Lizard - June

Spider-Man Statue - June

Spider-Man Bust - June

Spider-Man Unmasked Bust - June

Vigilante Spider-Man - June

Lizard Bust - June

Marvel Minimates Wave 46 - June (Spider-Man/Peter Parker, BD Spidey/Lizard, Uncle Ben/Police, short-packed Aunt May/Police)

Marvel Minimates Amazing Spider-Man Movie Wave (Toys R Us) - June (Spider-Man/Peter Parker, BD Spidey/Lizard, Curt Connors/Gwen Stacy, Vigilante Spider-Man/Capt. Stacy)

Marvel

Marvel Select Green Goblin - February 22

Marvel Select Ultron - August

Marvel Select Storm - August

Marvel Select Nightcrawler - Winter

Marvel Minimates Wave 44 - April (Hulk/Iron Man, Captain America/Thor, Ant-Man I/Sentry, short-packed Ant-Man II/Sentry)

Marvel Minimates Wave 47 - (Rogue/Colossus, Longshot/Dazzler, Wolverine/Brood, short-packed Brood Wolverine/Brood)

Fear Itself The Worthy Box Set - June (The Serpent, Skaadi, Mokk, Angrir)

(Fear Itself The Mighty Box Set - June (Odin, Spider-Man, Iron Man, Hawkeye)

Venom Through the Ages Box Set - TBD

(Venom, Flash Thompson Venom, She-Venom, Transformation Venom)

Hulk Through the Ages Box Set - TBD

(Compound Hulk, Moloid Hunter Hulk, Mr. Fixit & the Maestro)

MAX Elite

Wave 3 (Smokejumpers, Desert Soldiers, Arctic Mission, Night Ops) - TBD

Minimates Vehicles Wave 4 Armored Personnel Carrier (APC) - TBD

Calico Jack's Pirate Raiders - TBD

Wave 2 - TBD (Jack's Quartermaster/Captain Kidd, Jack's Surgeon/William Moore, British Crewman & Skeleton Warrior, Port Royal Governor/UndeadCrewman)

The Walking Dead

Wave 1 - September

Wave 2 - November

Femme Fatales

Steampunk Lexi - April

Darkchylde - May

Raven Hex - May

Dawn - June

Bo Peep - June

Mad Monster Party

Wave 1 - September (Baron Von Frankenstein, Dracula, The Monster)

The Expendables

Series 1 - April

Series 2 - July

7" Action Figures - July

8" Cloth Costume Action Figure (NOT Retro Action) - TBD

Universal Monsters

Wave 3 (Toys R Us) - September (Metaluna Mutant, Invisible Man, Phantom of the Opera with violin)

Wave 3 Select - September (Metaluna Mutant with Interociter, Phantom of the Opera (with organ)

Wave 4 - (Toys R Us) - September 2013 (Hunchback of Notre Dame, Mole Person, Dr. Jekyll)

Wave 4 Select - September 2013 (Hunchback with Gargoyle, Mr. Hyde with Rooftop)

Minimates Wave 3 (Toys R Us) - September (Mummy/Sarcophagus, Quasimodo/Phoebus, Princess Anck Es En Amon/Henry Wipple, Mummy/Quasi B&W)

Minimates Series 3 Hunchback of Notre Dame Box Set - September (Quasimodo, Esmerelda, Phoebus, King of Fools Quasimodo)

Minimates Series 3 The Mummy - September (Mummy, Sarcophagus, Princess Anck Es En Amon, Helen Grosvenor)

Retro CLoth Series 3 - September (Bride, Creature from the Black Lagoon)

Vinyl Bust Bank - September (Frankenstein, Creature from the Black Lagoon)

Munsters

Eddie & Marilyn Two-Pack - Summer

Series 2 - September (Racer Herman, Racer Grandpa, Lily w/Parasol)

Black-and-White Series 1 - TBD

Minimates Vehicles Series 4 Munsters Koach - July

Marvel vs. Capcom

Series 3 - April (Captain America/Ryu, Dr. Doom/Wesker, She-Hulk/Chun Li, X-23/Felicia)

Series 3 (Toys R Us) - April (Captain America/Ryu, Dr. Doom/Wesker, Thor/Amaterasu, MODOK/Akuma)

Street Fighter X Tekken

Series 1 - June (Ken/Steve, Sagat/King, Cammy/Nina, Poison/Lili)

Series 1 (Toys R Us) - June (Ken/Steve, Sagat/King, Zangief/Marduk, Guile/Raven)

Halo

Series 4 (Toys R Us) - March (Master Chief/Cortana, ODST Rookie/Spartan Hayabusa, Prophet of Mercy/Arbiter, Chieftain/Rtas Vadum)

Series 4 Box Set - Master Chief, Cortana, Prophet of Truth, Jacob Keyes)

Overstrike

Series 1 - October (Naya, Dalton)

Alice: Madness Returns

Series 1 - May (Alice, Card Guard, Cheshire Cat)

Alice (Hysteria Mode) - May

Alice (Royal Suit) - TBD

Tomb Raider

TBD

Dead or Alive Minimates FTW!!

I think I'll pass on Walking Dead so I can round out my SF mates. Tekken isn't as exciting, but I needs me some Guile. All in in the Marvel mates, though! These are all the regular releases, right? So we still have Con exclusives to see too? Damn, this is an exciting year for Minimates!

Hmm... I'm a little surprised MAX wave 3 is still TBD, even though we saw them at SDCC last year. Are DST having trouble selling a third wave to TRU? Those seem to sell through at least as quickly as any other Minimates property, in my experience.

And I have to say, someone at TRU must really have a special place in his or her heart for UM. I love them and I'm glad we're getting a third wave (and hope we see Invisible Man, Phantom, maybe Metaluna Mutant next year!), but there are still Wolfman and Creature packs on clearance at a couple of my TRUs... :confused:

Hmm... I'm a little surprised MAX wave 3 is still TBD, even though we saw them at SDCC last year. Are DST having trouble selling a third wave to TRU? Those seem to sell through at least as quickly as any other Minimates property, in my experience.

And I have to say, someone at TRU must really have a special place in his or her heart for UM. I love them and I'm glad we're getting a third wave (and hope we see Invisible Man, Phantom, maybe Metaluna Mutant next year!), but there are still Wolfman and Creature packs on clearance at a couple of my TRUs... :confused:

Same here. MAX and Calico Jack both sell really well. UM, MvC3, and PS3 not so much.

Vehicles on the other hand... the pirate ship is hanging out by itself on the pegs now, but I think that's partly because there is no accompanying product on the shelf.

New video from Zach that shows off the new Minimate Enterprise:

I'm a little happier that the captain's chair is removable. (A whole bridge would be awesome but I know I'm smokin' dope.) Putting Scotty in the Jeffries Tube makes more sense than shoving Spock down there. I'm guessing that if fans want to see that Shuttlecraft finally come to fruition, we'll have to support the Enterprise first.

ShuttlecraftPlaysetLoose.jpg

Would you really want a shuttle craft that's so out of scale with the main ship, though? I dunno, I feel like DST has to do the Enterprise, if they're going to do Star Trek ships, but a ship that small... I just don't know that it works. I guess we'll see.

Guile & Zangief were part of the old cancelled Series 2 right?

I take it they'll be using those as the base models?

I doubt it very seriously. Those prototypes were made many many moons ago, and things have changed a lot for DST from then until now--philosophically, in terms of what they can do, and in terms of what they need to do to appease their business partners I reckon.