UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New York Toy Fair 2012

DMC10954.jpg

I still get pissed off whenever I see that picture. 2" Mr. T and Hulk Hogan in one set and IT NEVER EVEN GOT MADE! DAMMIT!! :verymad:

*coughs*

It's Thunderlips :lol:

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, Expendables feels to me like a Godfather or Beverly Hills Cop. One of those licenses that I would like to see made, but I'm just not sure it's gonna have the level of pre-order support to justify production. We'll see! I hope I'm wrong, but so far we're 0-1 with pro-wrestler Minimates we've seen prototypes of :(

DMC10954.jpg

I still get pissed off whenever I see that picture. 2" Mr. T and Hulk Hogan in one set and IT NEVER EVEN GOT MADE! DAMMIT!! :verymad:

agreed! that is the set i wanted the most.It t was a bad day when i found out we were never going to get it.:(

I wouldn't worry about pre-orders not justifying Expendables -- they'll be at TRU, as well. I just saw it for the first time a couple of weeks ago, after letting it get built up in my head for a year or so, and it actually surpassed my expectations. So amazing.

I would, however, NOT get too too excited about Tomb Raider. The reason there's only one Minimate made is that there are still a LOT of questions about the license. Of everything we showed, that is the most uncertain.

No Munster Minimates - just the Mego style dolls for now.

The Munster car I think is supposed to be part of the new-delayed 3rd wave of vehicles for TRU.

No Mego-Style Munsters -- they are fully sculpted 7-inch scale figures. The Munsters vehicle is slated for Wave 4. Wave 3 is just KITT and the Albion ship.

During the chat earlier today, we learned that there was another set of figures from a video game on display that couldn't be photographed or talked about publicly, because things are still in negotiation. So... defunct line supposed to be getting new product... video game 'mates that can't be shown... anyone care to speculate? :biggrin:

Hrm. I didn't think we weren't allowed to talk about it. Let me check.

the one that comes with Ultimate Cap is Extremis Ironman which we've gotten before but this one has new sculpted chest, hands and legs/feet.

The pairings shown are the final ones. Ultimate Spidey comes with Ultimate Cap. Rhino comes with Iron Man. Different from what I said before, I know, but the lineup changed, and we had to tweak the pairings.

You get me the press passes, I'll be there next year :)

I can't get you a press pass. MMHQ can get you a press pass, though, I bet.

Zach. Wow. A-Freakin-Maxing!

You weren't kidding about having a few things up your sleeve!

Couple of questions, if you have time:

1) Will Gardian/vindicator (Heather Hudson) have a clear mask?

2) Are you guys going to have even MORE new stuff to debut @ SDCC? I can't imagine too much more awesomeness this year!

Again - freaking great showing. I'm so happy to see some new X-Folk. Longshot & Dazzler both look perfect. And i really never thought we'd see the Brood. A+

Very impressed with everything I saw Zach. A lot of redos, but to me Havok and Venom and Rhino are SO GOOD I don't even care, and I'm very impressed that we're getting two new characters in the Venom set. Smart move switching the TRU pairings btw, I might have skipped the Cap/Iron Man set since I have versions of those looks already, but I'll gladly pick up both for MM and Rhino.

As of yet we haven't heard anything about the convention sets, can you confirm how many box sets are planned, and when we can anticipate announcements? I won't ask you to hint who's in them just yet. ;)

Oh, and I wasn't super keen on ASM 'mates, but Captain Stacy and Dr. Connors look really good. Who's your favorite of everything we saw today?

During the chat earlier today, we learned that there was another set of figures from a video game on display that couldn't be photographed or talked about publicly, because things are still in negotiation. So... defunct line supposed to be getting new product... video game 'mates that can't be shown... anyone care to speculate? :biggrin:

Zach, while we were chatting this morning, Dan from ASM joined us for a bit, and he wasn't sure if the license on display could be talked about or not, so he let caution be his watchword. Luke was also mum. But if you wanna tell us, we'll listen....

I hope that you can see from this thread just how excited we all are about your showing this year. It's too bad you couldn't be around earlier this morning when we had the chatroom up, as it was an actual virtual love fest. It woulda blown your mind. :biggrin:

Please, pass on to the design team that they've done AMAZING work across the board. There's not a dud in the bunch! Just tremendous. :wub:

EDIT: Oh, I have to know: did you guys do the Venom set just to !@#$ with Lee Burns? :biggrin:

Edited by hellpop

That was just me being paranoid. I thought it was probably okay to talk about them, but since I wasn't 100% sure, I didn't want to take any chances.

However, since Zach just sent 'round a breakdown of what was in the booth, I'm guessing it's okay to spill the beans:

Street Fighter X Tekken

Series 1 - June (Ken/Steve, Sagat/King, Cammy/Nina, Poison/Lili)

Series 1 (Toys R Us) - June (Ken/Steve, Sagat/King, Zangief/Marduk, Guile/Raven)

Also, an update - it looks like half of our booth pics got uploaded big and half got uploaded small. We should have 'em all nice and giant-sized shortly.

That was just me being paranoid. I thought it was probably okay to talk about them, but since I wasn't 100% sure, I didn't want to take any chances.

However, since Zach just sent 'round a breakdown of what was in the booth, I'm guessing it's okay to spill the beans:

Street Fighter X Tekken

Series 1 - June (Ken/Steve, Sagat/King, Cammy/Nina, Poison/Lili)

Series 1 (Toys R Us) - June (Ken/Steve, Sagat/King, Zangief/Marduk, Guile/Raven)

Also, an update - it looks like half of our booth pics got uploaded big and half got uploaded small. We should have 'em all nice and giant-sized shortly.

...AWESOME!!!

Sir, here is a check with my name on it. Write down any number on this piece of paper and I will pay it.

Man. I just had a chance to go through all of the galleries at leisure now that I'm home from work. I want all of these. Right now. In my hands. Seriously, Zach, you guys have really outdone yourselves for this year. And the scary thing is, I have a feeling you're not finished blowing our minds yet.

Edited by Lobsterman

SFxT?!?! Oh my Goodness. If only you guys could get a license for Mortal Kombat, we'd have all the fighting Minimates we'd ever need! That's incredible! I'm excited at the chance to get more, updated Street Fighter figures! Not a huge Tekken fan, but I'm sure their figures will look awesome. Man. So much goodness this year...

If it really is SFxT: YAAAAAY!!!!

Wave one’s line up is good enough if the line fails at least I got Ken, Sagat, Zangief, Guile, and Cammy. So combined with the SF characters in MvC3 (Ryu, Chun-Li, Akuma, Haggar and B***h I hate!) there’s a very respectable SF! (of course if it continues it’d be better... not as good as a full on SF line, but maybe we have to wait for SF5 for that?)

Any chance of getting the Cross-Costumes as a box set or anything like that? I would love to get Steve as Charlie so I could kit base a better Charlie then “Wolverine Vest + Egon Hair"

Plus Megaman’s in the game! (waits for everyone to look up pictures of Megaman in SFxT so they can be crushed again)