UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New York Toy Fair 2012

I figured I'd start this thread as it hadn't been established yet. If anybody catches sight of something minimate related from the show over the next few days, feel free and post it here.

Here's a pic I just came across on Facebook. Notice the super deformed Enterprise in the foreground. Anybody else think this it looks suitable enough for minimates? Could THIS be the "ressurected" minimate line that was hinted at? Hmmm....

401392_333514070026190_170392609671671_1008119_546843002_n.jpg

Edited by MINI_MYTE

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good find, MINI_MATE. Interesting- looking Enterprise, but I'd rather see the return of the shuttlecraft from years ago.

Agreed. I'd like the shuttle craft as well. Back to the Enterprise for a sec... If you look at the top portion of the saucer section, it looks as if it is hinged or removable. If this is the case and it IS intended for minimates, this may fit a single mate in it. I hope I am wrong and it's just a beautiful display piece to go along with the unveil of Star Trek mates.

The problem with the first Star Trek line was that it lacked variety. Retailers got saturated with TOS-era product from DST when TNG-era was still the trend.

A successful Star Trek line will either have to tie into a film release or offer collectors their favorite characters from the myriad source material available, not just TOS. Mix it up. This is why I'm not that jazzed about seeing the TOS Enterprise in that picture.

Don't get me wrong; I'll buy every Trek Minimate DST offers but that's because I'm a fan of ALL Trek. However there are plenty of others who only want to buy DS9 or VOY or ENT or even nuTrek. Seems like if DST was in charge of the Star Wars line it would be Luke, Leia, and Han all day, every day, and only from the first film. No TESB or ROTJ or prequels or animated series. That seems like a horribly myopic business model.

I'm still pinning for the shuttle craft as well, but the return of this line would make me a very happy trekkie/trekker (whatever) I think the lines real failure was a lack of focus. Something that went solely on one show might have done better IMHO. I.E. The Marvel line is spectacular for me because of all the b-listers and background characters we've gotten that flesh out the top names. A Trek line that went just with say TOS and featured the big three as well as some aliens and background characters every wave might do a lot better than trying to pepper a line with all the different shows in the Trekverse that have come down the pike

What time does the show start? I know sometimes they start a little late on a Sunday when most shows are closing. It's strange that this is all we've seen so far when Hasbro has pretty much revealed all of their stuff already. I'll take that Enterprise and the Galileo and any other Trek Related mate stuff they can come up with. I would like to see some Next Gen stuff too though. The D, The Defiant, a runabout... Bring it on,

Edited by Rheul

Subscribed to this thread, i'm hoping to see some Minimate news so please if you do get any pictures post them in this thread :biggrin:

I noticed this photo on the DST thing through facebook this afternoon.

Rich

What time does the show start? I know sometimes they start a little late on a Sunday when most shows are closing. It's strange that this is all we've seen so far when Hasbro has pretty much revealed all of their stuff already. I'll take that Enterprise and the Galileo and any other Trek Related mate stuff they can come up with. I would like to see some Next Gen stuff too though. The D, The Defiant, a runabout... Bring it on,

The show starts at 10 and ends at 6,I am not sure which time zone is in.

I found this on a recent search,

http://aftimes.com/category/toy-fair-2012/

Seems to have fairly decent coverage, most of it seems to be what Hasbro is offering. Theres a bit if you scroll down mentioning the Walking Dead Minimates but we already knew about that :) I'll probably keep checking back on that, and on FB if anything gets posted and still keep my eyes peeled on this thread too.

Also found this on Youtube, he might post some videos as he seems to be covering each release/booth:

http://www.youtube.com/user/thetoyspy/videos

Rich

* Edited to include Youtube link to Toyspy channel * - 18:15pm

Edited by Urban Saboteur

I found this on a recent search,

http://aftimes.com/category/toy-fair-2012/

Seems to have fairly decent coverage, most of it seems to be what Hasbro is offering. Theres a bit if you scroll down mentioning the Walking Dead Minimates but we already knew about that :) I'll probably keep checking back on that, and on FB if anything gets posted and still keep my eyes peeled on this thread too.

Rich

I'm about to head out the door for lunch,but when I come back I will keep a look at toy news international

http://toynewsi.com/

Thanks for posting The link to the aft

I'm about to head out the door for lunch,but when I come back I will keep a look at toy news international

http://toynewsi.com/

Thanks for posting The link to the aft

I just posted a link as well above to a Youtube channel, the toy spy, he's in New York so there may be a cool video coming up at some point. :biggrin: I did try a search for

"New York 2012 Toy Fair Minimates" but nothing of relevance shown up.

Rich

Sweet Martian. Funko has released some Mars Attacks stuff recently and it's nice to see other companies follow them. If only we could get a Minimate of that.

With one of those red laser blasters B):thumbsup: