UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Amazing Spiderman Movie Mates!

Punisher

Maybe they will have his adhesion be more like static electricity and if he concentrates real hard he can expand it past the soles.

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My answer to the suit in the first film was that the wrestling promoter made it after seeing how much money this "spiderman" kid could bring in. He needed new duds for promotional purposes and that's where the balance of the money owed to Peter went.

The new suit is growing on me but I agree with others; I want it explained. It may not be the most unrealistic part of the film but since they go out of their way to explain his powers (again), they can drop a line or two about the suit's origins.

In the novelization of Spider-Man 2, it mentions that the brother of the wrestler Bonesaw just beat up ("OMG MY LEGS! CAN'T FEEL MY LEGS!") made the costume for Peter out of gratitude for beating Bonesaw. Not sure how canon this is, but it makes sense.

Eleven reviews have ASM at 91% on Rotten Tomatoes. So far, so good. http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_amazing_spider_man/

Ted is down to 60% and I've lost some interest from the trailers. I know Family Guy is very popular but I just never got into it. If it does well at the box office, I'll go see it but the schtick needs to be a step beyond being just raunchy and crude. I like raunchy and crude if it makes the audience think a little.

In the novelization of Spider-Man 2, it mentions that the brother of the wrestler Bonesaw just beat up ("OMG MY LEGS! CAN'T FEEL MY LEGS!") made the costume for Peter out of gratitude for beating Bonesaw. Not sure how canon this is, but it makes sense.

Which sorta goes down the same lane as the retcon in the 616 Spidey books... that Crusher Hogan presented Spidey with his webbed costume. 'Though that was actually just a story Crusher made up to make himself look more successful than he was, as he was down on his luck, the poor fella.

Cheers Lurch, I did end up grabbing a Leary mate to make that quick custom, but went with the black uniform. I still need to search my spare parts for a hairpiece that'll make him look more like Tommy Gavin though. That BSG liquor bottle might make for a good accessory too :P

The reviews seem to be pretty positive so far, I'm really looking forward to this one.

One word of warning, not that I would ever DREAM of questioning an Internet reviewer's objectivity, but every review that wasn't positive started with a paragraph about how the writer loved the Raimi movies and didn't want to see them end.

If you love the Raimi films, that's fine. But that series is over. If you go see ASM and honestly don't like it that's fine. There are people who prefer the Burton Batman films over Nolan's, so it's not just Spider-Man that can be divisive. But to go in with a chip on your shoulder unwilling to enjoy ASM on its own merits, you're only doing yourself a disservice. If ASM isn't successful they're not going to bring back Raimi to make Spider-Man 4, Spider-Man's just going to go away for a while. I definitely don't want that, and I hope the movie blows me away.

Just got back from the sneak peak of the flick and first off, gotta say it was pretty sweet. Makes the other 3 seem pretty damn campy and almost a Schumaker/Nolan comparison.

Now, one thing I need to ask, and this is for Zach. Why did you guys make Spidey's eyes yellow? Now, I'm never one to complain about what you guys put out, I see it as a privilege that you talk directly with us, so I don't feel right abusing what you're doing here. So I apologize for the complaint, but one of my biggest put off's from the film before seeing it is that he is perceived with ugly yellow eyes. I think I only saw them yellow'd once and that was when light was reflecting off of them.

Just thought I would ask.

Does anyone else have the game? (I don't know if there is a thread for this elsewhere) I want to talk about it

I have the game and I believe a few others on this forum have the game. If you want to talk about it go to the video game discussion and we can talk about it there.

Just got back from the sneak peak of the flick and first off, gotta say it was pretty sweet. Makes the other 3 seem pretty damn campy and almost a Schumaker/Nolan comparison.

Yeah, I've been saying Raimi is to Spider-Man what Burton and Schumacher were to Batman. Raimi did a fine job but there was plenty of room for improvement and while the character does lend himself to some humorous situations, Peter's always been balanced with super-powered teen angst, long before Twilight made it so trendy. I was hoping that Spidey could find his Chris Nolan equivilant with this film. I'm seeing it in two hours so I'll let you know if I agree. :thumbsup:

(Oh, and as per Spidey's amber eyes, I know the question was aimed at Zach but as a Spider-Man licensee myself, I can tell you that color choice was dictated by the art provided by the licensor; Marvel.)

It's like Mr. PL says, Marvel sends us Pantone color numbers (from the indexed color system, FYI) whenever they want us to change something. They don't say, "Huh, why'd you give him yellow eyes? That's weird. Oh, well." They tell us to change some pretty small stuff, and I specifically remember them giving us eye colors.

I am curious about the difference between the MM eye color (bronze) and the Marvel Select eye color (yellow), but that may have been a case-by-case thing. I like both.