UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Amazing Spiderman Movie Mates!

Punisher

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First thoughts:

*Parker 'Mate has really captured the essence of Garfield. That hair sculpt is great!

*No Gwen?

*Generic Police army builders are interesting. Might have been better better if this was a TRU wave so we could have 8 Characters instead of 7.

*Generally a little bland - lets hope Lizard makes it a more interesting wave. I'm surprised we aren't getting a pre-transformation Connors.

Gwen and Captain Stacy could end up being TRU exclusives.

I hope so - i'd really like to see a Gwen for this wave. And from the preview, it looks like Capt. Stacy plays a big role too - so i wouldn't say not to having a LearyMate as well.

YUP, wave 46. TRU wave coming soon, with stacys, Connors and Vigilante SM. I believe BD Spidey has a beat-up face under the mask. Sorry you guys hate the figure you can't see so much. :)

Ah - that answers the Stacy/Connors question :P

I think they'll be a good set once they're altogether Zach! Boardies will be more excited once we can see Lizard i think!

Sorry - shouldn't have posted before reading the entire thread! :P

Hey Zach,do you know if the tru wave is going to be also here in tru Canada? :)

No idea. I'll try to ask when TRU comes through the booth.

Sorry - shouldn't have posted before reading the entire thread! :P

You are by no means the only offender.

Agreed Valo487, I can't believe we are only getting uncle ben and captain stacy as new figures in wave 46 and TRU 13... <_<

Two civilians who appeared briefly and died? Yeah, it's a mystery. :biggrin: I hope you're that excited about Jean DeWolff.

Also, the TRU assortment is not TRU 13. Kingpin/Punisher is TRU 13. This is Amazing Spider-Man. The movie waves aren't numbered at TRU, for some reason.

It's not that these aren't good Zach, quality wise I have no complaints. But other than TRU Wave 13 we have so little that's completely new coming up, Waves 44, 45 and 46 are all either redos or movie versions, or both.

Kinda like Waves 38, 39 and 40? This is what movie waves are. Characters we know, maybe a few we don't already have. (Sadly, a wave of completely new characters is highly unlikely, for reasons discussed ad infinitum in other threads.) It's cool, everyone has their own opinion, and I know that a large portion of this bile is directed at the new film itself, which is too bad, because it looks like it might be pretty good -- better than certain other films about dancing emo types.

On the bright side, you can get Spidey with a mask, or with no mask, depending on your preference! You're welcome!

I actually think the movie looks really good, and have no love for the Sam Raimi films. I just wish there was more space between movie waves, it feels like it's going to be a long time before we get a wave of comic 'mates that aren't related to movies. Like I said though, I'm going to pick them up to support the line, I'm just looking forward to a break from movie tie-in waves.

To be fair, George was around much longer than Ben in comics... hard to be around less.

I like the first two Rami films immensely, organic webs not withstanding. Their Ben, May, and J.J.Jameson were pitch perfect, and Peter was done very well. True, Toby never, ever seemed comfortable in the suit and it showed. The performances of Osborn and Octavius were wonderful even if their designs sucked. (why, why do you take an actor with such an expressive face as Defoe and hide it behind a Power Rangers mask? it's still beyond me)

The third movie should have cut one of the villains, didn't matter which, to make the story stronger.

And MJ was just miscast. Too sweet, no sass. MJ hid her pain of a bad home life behind the party girl image... not by trying to be super nice to every body. Truthfully MJ should be more Lindsey Lohan type, the bad girl. Gwen is the good girl.

But... the scene in the second movie, with Peter and May in the kitchen and his confessing his part in Ben's death... powerful stuff.

And in the 616, since George Stacy died before most of you were born, Cpt. Stacy was one of Spidey's supporters on the force, believing him a hero despite all of Jameson's press campaign. They also strongly hinted he had figured out Spidey's ID too. Check out the recent Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon for a really good portrayal of what Gwen's father was like.

I absolutely hate the way the Amazing Spider-man costume looks in the movie, it just doesn’t work on the human body...

but on a block figure, where it’s not oddly accenting the human form making it look like Spider-man’s wearing a giant arrow that might as well say “Ladies?”, the costume looks outstanding, I like the orange eyes and the color of the blue and red.

So I like this set, I don’t want to watch the movie but I like the minimates.

Also I’m super interested in seeing the Peter Parker hair piece in more detail, I’ve been trying to make a Freakazoid custom and his hair is just impossible (Demitri’s is tall and spikey, but lacks the wave. The Bride of Frankenstein’s hair is tall and curved and even has a lightning bolt but no ‘crazy spikes) this one looks like it has the height, wave, and spikes needed to be passable.

I know a lot of you guys don't like the new suit, but I think what's more important is who's wearing it. And almost anything is a step up from Tobey.

You mean, almost anyone who isn't older than Tobey when the first Spider-man came out and doesn't have the hair or style of a teen heartthrob, which as a result makes him look hipster and not nerdy??

Like, i get and absolutely respect the opinion that Tobey Maguire wasn't a very good Pete (i don't share it, but i respect it) but Andrew Garfield is not a step-up exactly....

I don't want to argue it, it's an opinion question after all, I just think Garfield looks more like him and has a better voice. Tobey's voice in the mask just seemed....wrong. I don't know why really.

I should clarify, I don't dislike Tobey, but I never felt like he was comfortable playing Spider-Man. It just seemed to me like his agent told him it was a good decision and he agreed. I could be completely wrong, but his performance seems forced to me, especially in 3, but 3 was a fiasco so maybe he had good cause.

Edited by Valo487

Biggest problem I have with the new Spider-man movie is Sally Fields as Aunt May. Having seen her in other things, it is a hard stretch for me to see her as a frail worrying widower, whether it happens that Ben dies in this movie or a sequel.

That said, I am loving these mates and cannot wait to see the TRU wave.

I am thinking the assortment will be:

Spidey/Peter - shared

BD Spidey/Lizard -shared

Aunt May/Swat - LCS

Uncle Ben/Swat - LCS variant (unless he doesn't die, then May will be the variant)

Captain Stacey/"first night spidey" - TRU

Gwen/Curt Connors - TRU

Edited by Onyx_6