UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Decal Thread

hellpop

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen the film, so I have no idea how Korath looks, but that decal/sticker looks crazy involved Luke, I like how you managed to do the sides as well.

Feel free bzorio, I might try and make a more up to date Medusa at some point.

I haven't seen the film, so I have no idea how Korath looks, but that decal/sticker looks crazy involved Luke, I like how you managed to do the sides as well.

Thanks! I have some new Minimate templates here that allow for the stickers to cover most of the Minimate body. smile.png

Been trying to make a more up to date Medusa to go with Black Bolt, but its proving difficult. Her current/Illuminati costume looks, to me anyway, like a recolour of something Meggan would wear, with the big M across the hips. So I ignored that one.

Going through comicvine I found two which I quite liked, 1 and 2 but they seem to vary from panel to panel, mainly in regards to the shoulders and arms. I think they may in fact be variations of the same look :S Here

post-3031-0-63345000-1407767325_thumb.jppost-3031-0-51624700-1407767324_thumb.jppost-3031-0-42978800-1407769155_thumb.jp

I think the boob window one is a bit more dynamic looking, but has the silly M hips again, so I might use the high boots and gloves from the other one.

Edited by Liney

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have any tips on color matching? When I print to the glossy sticker paper, things seem to lighten up from the source doc, and perhaps lose a little "B" from their RGB values... Are there Adobe PS guidelines for how do adjust an image's color to get it to print as expected? (e.g. lighten by x%, or add ## to the B value, etc.)

When I print to regular paper, the color looks right.

I have the same trouble with vinyl sticker paper, it seems to make everything a bit more vibrant, I would love to know if there is a way of colour matching.

I generally just do a small test block in the top left corner, if its wrong I adjust the colour and move the block a bit to the right. Keep repeating until I get it right. I only end up losing about 1.5 cm from the top of the sheet this way as you just keep putting the same bit through the printer.

What kind of printer should I be looking for for decals? There's too much cool stuff here I want but only have a B&W printer. (I rarely print in color)

The laser sticker paper is easier to work with than the inkjet sticker paper, so if possible, I would say to get a cheap color laser printer. But that will definitely be more expensive than an inkjet printer. And the main advantage is really just bending it around the torso sides, and most decals here don't have that option. For inkjet, look for a printer that can print at least 600dpi. Most minimate decals are scaled at 300dpi, but they will still look better on a 600dpi printer. I think most modern printers can do this without a problem. Other than that, I have personally had better luck with Canon printers than HP.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

can someone help with a 90's marrow, specifically Her green and blue look also looking for a face with the bony potrusions on the forehead. although if someone can suggest a a easy to find head, I can go without the forehead bones

post-2039-0-30868400-1418349175_thumb.jp

post-2039-0-63636100-1418349188_thumb.jp

Edited by JoeyCrypts

can someone help with a 90's marrow, specifically Her green and blue look also looking for a face with the bony potrusions on the forehead. although if someone can suggest a a easy to find head, I can go without the forehead bones

this was my take let me see if I can find the decalpost-6392-0-97940300-1418349930_thumb.jp

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone! I have been provided with a lot of help and support from this community so I figure I should give back. I have ordered everything I need to start making my own minimate customs. I also began making my own decals because I am a graphic designer and so here is one decal for someone to too many people really are into unless you're a die hard DC Comics fan like me. biggrin.png

post-7306-0-47696300-1420009211_thumb.jp

Here is another decal I made for my second custom I am going to make. It's based on the DC Comics New 52 Firestorm.

post-7306-0-98179800-1420085334_thumb.jp