UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Decal Thread

hellpop

Is there a definitive compendium somewhere for decals? Some of the links on Luke's are broken, and there are just so many cool ones out there! I'm looking for Justin Hammer, but I may end up trying to make one going from Luke's tutorials.

The first post of this thread includes an index with links to all the decals in this thread, but I haven't updated it in ages. Still, it's a good starting point. Are you looking to make a comics Justin Hammer? Because I would think you could do a quick custom rather easily. He's just an old man, after all. Plenty of old man heads to chose from.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been out of the loop as of late, but had five hours on a train with nothing better to do, so here are some WIP for a FF She-Hulk and Titania. Wizard is an update of a previous design.

attachicon.gifShe-Hulk FF - Chest Decal - Sized.jpgattachicon.gifThindra - Chest Decal - Sized.jpgattachicon.gifThundra - Back Decal - Sized.jpgattachicon.gifWizard Decal Sheet.jpg

Can someone take a pic of a She-Hulk 'mate with the decal?

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Could someone please explain to me how to resize decals to fit right? I have tried the copy and paste on to existing templates trick but to no avail. I finally have the parts I need to make some customs but these decals are setting me back from actually starting on them. What software do you guys use? Any help would be much appreciated.

• 1 month later...

Dont know if anybody is interested or not, and I know not really a decal but If anybody would like to use the elements I recently created to recreate the x-men days of future past cover in their own post apocalyptic minimates diorama please feel free (share a pic if anybody actually does this, would be awesome).

Days%20of%20future%20past%20poster_zps3h

Days%20of%20future%20past%20poster%20ele

and if you cant be arsed cutting tiny strips of paper here is a completed one

Days%20of%20future%20past%20poster%20com

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Freaqualizer said:

Has anyone ever created a template to fit on cap's shield? I have a Red Guardian sporting a red, white and blue shield. Looks unnatural. 

I painted the shield red, and found a pack of white star stickers at either Michael's or Staples (forget where exactly). May have even been Target, but it was a pack of random sized stars, and it worked pretty good if you ask me.

26026690705_a48c8f1891_z.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 5/16/2012 at 4:42 PM, hellpop said:

Okay, I finally updated the index to all the decals in the first post of the thread. Sorry I let it slide for so long, it won't happen again. Well, it will happen again, but not for this long.:biggrin: Let me know if I missed any, or the links don't work, or they go to the wrong place, or I misspelled your name, or any of that nonsense. One thing: PLEASE try to identify the characters in your decals. For example, I'm not a Dr. Who guy, so I just based the names for eclipse (quite wonderful) decals on the file names, so I don't know if they're inaccurate.

Okay, how about some decals now?:biggrin: I put this one together last night, specifically for you guys: Quasar!

post-1943-0-16829800-1337182199_thumb.jppost-1943-0-39031300-1337182352_thumb.jp

As you can see here, for my own custom, I used the Justice Lords Superman cape, but I realize that's not an option for everyone that would like to make a Quasar. So I made y'all a chest decal.:thumbsup:

Here's a couple more, from the DC Universe (which has a lot of catching up to do with Marvel):

post-1943-0-78961600-1337182564_thumb.jppost-1943-0-81013700-1337182667_thumb.jppost-1943-0-16497100-1337182701_thumb.jppost-1943-0-83339300-1337182702_thumb.jppost-1943-0-04673700-1337182598_thumb.jppost-1943-0-82484100-1337182797_thumb.jppost-1943-0-37289200-1337182895_thumb.jppost-1943-0-14316600-1337182940_thumb.jp

Of course, now I've got to add these to the index....:rolleyes:

Ah, here we go!

@hellpop would body would you recommend this Quasar chest go on? 

Captain Marvel seems the obvious one and he's exactly what I am using for my current Quasar kitbash.

• 1 year later...

Hey, guys. Here are some of the decals I'm working on.

Inhumans: Gorgon, Karnak and Triton

Inhumans-Gorgon.jpg

Inhumans-Karnak.jpg

Inhumans-Triton.jpg

DC Comics: Green Lantern Kyle Rayner and Martian Manhunter

Kyle-Rayner.jpg

Martian-Manhunter.jpg

Defenders of the Earth: The Phantom, Flash Gordon, Mandrake, Lothar and Ming the Merciless

Dot-E-The-Phantom.jpg

Dot-E-Flash-Gordon.jpg

Dot-E-Mandrake.jpg

Dot-E-Lothar.jpg

Dot-E-Ming.jpg

Tokusatsu: Jaspion (Juspion for you) - WIP

Dot-E-Jaspion.jpg

I need to print and test yet and this will take a while, I need to make a few more before.

Edited by bzorio