UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Decal Thread

hellpop

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't get my head round 3D sculpting, so I'll leave the tail to someone else!

In the mean time here a Marvel Now She-Hulk.

Wrists, chest, back and boots. Hopefully colour matched to the MvC Shulky mate.

post-3031-0-37835600-1421093688_thumb.jp

Edited by Liney

Liney your stuff has been steller throught out. As a person who is more happy with a hammer an fire then fine lines and colour I enjoy looking at the artist side of ppl. I know that DST looks at customisers from here to do stuf or follow idea's and I hope they have an eye on you. (that Ursula is great)

I hope this is the right place, because I have a kind of a weird request to make. Anyway, here goes:

Could someone make a decal of the Dark Avengers Ares' official face? Basically just convert the official tampo into a decal. The reason I ask, is because the left eye (he now has an eyepatch) has been rubbed off and while I normally replace all figs who turn out like that, he costs 40 euros and I can't justify that. So, if anyone could do that for me I'd be eternally grateful.

PS: What kind of paper is neccessary for decals? And is there anything I have to do before I print them (scale them, etc)?

Edited by Kostisfire

If you're not in a hurry for it, I can try doing it for you.

In terms of size, as far as I know all the ones in the thread are the right size when downloaded, best to print a test one on some normal paper to make sure of the size and colour.

Paper wise you have the option of waterslide transfer paper, or vinyl sticker paper. Both are available for either laser or inkjet printers. I think Luke supplies both on his website.

If you're not in a hurry for it, I can try doing it for you.

In terms of size, as far as I know all the ones in the thread are the right size when downloaded, best to print a test one on some normal paper to make sure of the size and colour.

Paper wise you have the option of waterslide transfer paper, or vinyl sticker paper. Both are available for either laser or inkjet printers. I think Luke supplies both on his website.

I'm in no rush at all, take your time (a month, two months, three months, you're doing me a great service here, I'm not going to complain), and thanks a ton for doing this! As far as the paper goes I'll give the vinyl one a shot. Again, thanks a lot, I really appreciate it and I'm in your debt.

PS: Could you do the same for the Daken head (it doesn't plug in properly) and the tru 9 Bullseye (it completely rubbed off) one?

Edited by Kostisfire

It would be super easy to do if we had the design sheets for those. I've saved the ones that have been posted over the years, so I'll take a look and see if I have any of those. But it might be much easier to just look through the Parts Exchange thread in the Flea Market for those. I don't have an extra Ares head, but I can look for Daken and Bullseye for you. Hit up some of the guys like Shane, Luke, Youbastards, ect.

It would be super easy to do if we had the design sheets for those. I've saved the ones that have been posted over the years, so I'll take a look and see if I have any of those. But it might be much easier to just look through the Parts Exchange thread in the Flea Market for those. I don't have an extra Ares head, but I can look for Daken and Bullseye for you. Hit up some of the guys like Shane, Luke, Youbastards, ect.

That's a good idea. I just never thought that someone would sell just a head, seeing as the figs themselves are already pricey, but I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys! Been a collector for years now but I wanna get into customs. I'm still a little scared of paints and I want to get into the stickers. And people take requests? Would anyone make a new 52 joker decal? And what sticker would you guys recommend. I saw the stuff in lukes store but I only have an inkjet at the moment.

• 3 weeks later...

Been out of the loop as of late, but had five hours on a train with nothing better to do, so here are some WIP for a FF She-Hulk and Titania. Wizard is an update of a previous design.

post-3031-0-31367400-1440462593_thumb.jppost-3031-0-70320300-1443132470_thumb.jppost-3031-0-80495000-1440462583_thumb.jppost-3031-0-84469300-1440537708_thumb.jppost-3031-0-56230600-1440462623_thumb.jp

Edited by Liney

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...