UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Decal Thread

hellpop

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can also paint the back of the head and the sticker if you're really worried. Honestly, if the sticker is flesh colored, and so's the head, it shouldn't be too noticible. Depends how much things like that bother you, I guess.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am incredibly interested in customizing with decals but I dont have a real computer (post from my phone) or a printer or any of the nessecary supplies and was wondering if there was anyone willing to send me sheets of decals they printed out? for money or a trade of course.

I can probably help you out, actually. I usually print extra decals as a failsafe, so I've got a bunch of extras. Let me take a look and see what I have and I'll get back to ya. This offer goes for anyone else, BTW. Though I do want to make it clear that I don't want to be getting into printing out decals for people on request, but I am happy to share my leftovers.

What company makes a good Lazerjet Printer?

I’m used to inkjets and find Epson does not make a Lazerjet so I’m left scratching my head and looking as at “test prints” at FRY’s trying to decide which brand is best... yeah I know there’s places like Cnet that review years old models, but I want to know from the minimate decalers point of view (since that will be the printer’s main use... that and coupons since Costco works better for bulk printing art in a rush) what printer should I be looking into?

I’m not ever looking for compare and contrast views just something like “well I like (this brand) because the colors are pretty screen acurate” would do.

...alternatively, does sticker film exist for inkjets yet? maybe I can get another Epson after all...

Yes!

http://lukestoystore.com/sticker-paper-inkjet-10-sheets-white/

The stuff Luke is using now is very nice. The biggest drawback with sticker paper is that it's not clear, but that's only a real drawback, I think, if you're making a translucent Minimate (like Lobsterman's Dr. Manhatten).

That’s sticker PAPER (I assume, the stores not loading but the link says “paper”), I’ve used it before on my Brave and the Bold Aquaman, it’s thicker then Sticker FILM, which is what Luke used to make the head-hole covers (it blends into the plastic better since it has less lip)

so I need to know if sticker FILM is available for inkjets or what kind of lazerjets are good.

I've used Luke's sticker paper and agree it works for most but there is a lip when they are applied. I switched to this website.

http://www.papilio.com/inkjet waterproof adhesive film media.html

Ive used the water slide ones. Way more difficult to apply than the sticker paper but they seem to blend in with the base better.

Edited by Hawkeye's Junk

Yes!

http://lukestoystore.com/sticker-paper-inkjet-10-sheets-white/

The stuff Luke is using now is very nice. The biggest drawback with sticker paper is that it's not clear, but that's only a real drawback, I think, if you're making a translucent Minimate (like Lobsterman's Dr. Manhatten).

And if you want to do clear stickers, Avery makes a very good clear label sheet that's either laser or inkjet printable. I used to use it before I switched to decals, and I actually still use it for masking when I airbrush.

I am incredibly interested in customizing with decals but I dont have a real computer (post from my phone) or a printer or any of the nessecary supplies and was wondering if there was anyone willing to send me sheets of decals they printed out? for money or a trade of course.

Shoot me a PM, minijames. I have a few sheets of spare labels I can send your way if you're looking to practice.

I forget why, but I was reading something to do with Sharon Ventura, She-Thing, and realised with a couple of decals one of the old Thing mates could easily become her. I would suggest this one.

post-3031-0-89752000-1367872772_thumb.jppost-3031-0-73678600-1367526623_thumb.jp

Not sure if the belt one is totally necessary, but its there if anyone wants it. Same goes for non- coloured versiosn, will add them if anyone wants.

post-3031-0-08967300-1367526644_thumb.jp

Edited by Liney

I'm no expert, but I would imagine inside most models are the same regardless of brands. I would opt for a middle of the range price of any brand you know/trust.

I'm no expert, but I would imagine inside most models are the same regardless of brands. I would opt for a middle of the range price of any brand you know/trust.

Like I said earlier before the discussion shifted to paper, I’ve only used inkjet before and Epson doesn’t make a laserjet... so there is brand I know/trust in the laser game.