UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Decal Thread

hellpop

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just updated my custom thread (and my blog) with two of my favorite projects, the Earth-2 Huntress and Robin. So I thought I'd share the decals here:

post-1943-0-82638100-1337305172_thumb.jppost-1943-0-18254600-1337305175_thumb.jppost-1943-0-17461200-1337305174_thumb.jp

I know, Robin's a little sloppy... I assure you it looks better on the figure.:blush:

Edited by hellpop

Not aware of any current issues, Shane, but for a while there were quite a few auctions on eBay using Luke's Factory decals as the base, some even from a MMMV member. Luke approached him asking to stop the auctions, but he didn't as far as I know. If you still have access to the old eBay thread, the discussion was in there.

Are you guys having any issues with people selling your designs obtained here?

not that i have seen so far

Could I drop a request for a Warpath head with a red mask, with the red matching the red on Thunderbird's body?

And also, how would I go about printing these guys out?

Edited by MMao

Could I drop a request for a Warpath head with a red mask, with the red matching the red on Thunderbird's body?

Mind posting a pic so we know exactly what you're looking for (which I recommend to anyone making a request)?

As for printing, it's pretty easy. Luke314pi has all you need between the Minimate Factory and his Toy Store. At the factory, you'll find a blank page to download that's sized for printing; simply paste your decals to the page and you should be good to go (print a test page first, though). You'll also find a ton more great decals.:biggrin: And at his toy store, you'll find various decal and sticker papers available for purchase; I personally have been using the inkjet sticker paper quite happily.

Mind posting a pic so we know exactly what you're looking for (which I recommend to anyone making a request)?

As for printing, it's pretty easy. Luke314pi has all you need between the Minimate Factory and his Toy Store. At the factory, you'll find a blank page to download that's sized for printing; simply paste your decals to the page and you should be good to go (print a test page first, though). You'll also find a ton more great decals.:biggrin: And at his toy store, you'll find various decal and sticker papers available for purchase; I personally have been using the inkjet sticker paper quite happily.

Buy the inkjet sticker paper like Hellpop suggested. It's great and easy to apply.

I think he is looking for the 90's X-force look

warpath4.jpg

warpath1.jpg

Heres a few more...

Does anyone have a complete Shi'ar mining outfit rogue?

Hmmm I thought I posted arm decals... I'll have to check when I get home...

I was actually looking for a picture of the finished shiar mining rogue, I am trying to make one but need some ideas.

Ahhh... I made decals but never put them on a mate. She's a tough one to nail down because she was drawn a few ways. The arm detail would work better painted. I don't think a sticker would work on that part of her arm. The shoulder pieces are a challenge too.

Edited by Rheul

• 3 weeks later...

A few M.O.TU. decals for everyone from the customs i posted yesterday :biggrin:

post-3300-0-52535400-1341280650_thumb.jp

post-3300-0-11683500-1341280684_thumb.jp

post-3300-0-91299100-1341280702_thumb.jp

post-3300-0-06761600-1341280722_thumb.jp

post-3300-0-17905600-1341280746_thumb.jp

post-3300-0-95668800-1341280768_thumb.jp

post-3300-0-84717400-1341280799_thumb.jp

post-3300-0-38038600-1341280824_thumb.jp

Thanks for sharing those, Eclipse! Man, I gotta get started on some MOTU customs.

So I've been thinking of trying to do this one for awhile, when lo and behold, our friends at Cubeecraft give us the perfect template. Behold, it's the Baldy Headed Mank Twat that is Karl Pilkington!

post-1943-0-73429300-1341541875_thumb.jppost-1943-0-92471800-1341541876_thumb.jp

Edited by hellpop

Thanks for sharing those, Eclipse! Man, I gotta get started on some MOTU customs.

So I've been thinking of trying to do this one for awhile, when lo and behold, our friends at Cubeecraft give us the perfect template. Behold, it's the Baldy Headed Mank Twat that is Karl Pilkington!

post-1943-0-73429300-1341541875_thumb.jppost-1943-0-92471800-1341541876_thumb.jp

Some one has to make that and send it to Ricky Gervis's company. could you imagine how much fun he would have taking the piss out of Karl saying he has his own action figure.

• 1 month later...

Is there a template for making a decal for a slip-cover mask?

If you make a decal for a basic head and try putting it on the slip-cover it looks wonky (like more flattened out) so is there a different template or sizing ratio or something that can fix that?

• 2 weeks later...

I've started using GIMP, trying to make my own decals. I've made this decal..and wanted to share with everybody. It's the custom that I'm currently working on. I made the below decal in about an hour or so. If anyone could give me some helpful hints, I'd be greatful. Thanks for looking.

shead.jpg

Edited by Freaqualizer

• 4 weeks later...

Can we use this thread for decal requests? I know Luke is the go to guy for decal commissions, but I figured i'd give him a break. :D

Looking to make a Walter White custom but there's no way in hell I could pull off painting his goatee so I'd prefer to use a decal for the face. (Reference)

Edited by Punisher

Great work freaqualizer!

As far as custom decals it's a lot of trial and error. I have one illustrator file with all the customs I've done- it's easy to just grab what I've already done and tweak it slightly to make it appear different or fill it with a new color. Luke has some great tips over at minimate factory/ the most helpful and easiest tip was to draw half the face then copy and paste it, then flip the image vertically. My other tip would be using close up head shots from the minimate database and tracing them in your program of choice-- that way it'll look as if it came right off store shelves(allowing you to mix and match parts)- if you can't digitally draw facial expressions. Hope this helps!

Coming soon to this thread: bogus journey's granny Preston and the Easter bunny.

Edited by Jeff

• 1 month later...