UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Decal Thread

hellpop

I used Liney's kick ass Jocosta art work to make some decals. I didnt try them yet but I think the res held up during resizing. For the head piece I think Val from the Defenders set would be a good base. I was going to take on Plastic Man too but you guys did such a great job, I'll just use one of yours.

Thank you so much sir!

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can one of you guys post the blank patterns? Having trouble getting my sizes right.

I think we now, officially, have a ridiculous amount of Wonder Girl decals. :biggrin:

BTW, I put together another decal using Iron Cow's control art; this one's for Hawkeye, since I know a lot of MMMVers don't like the powerhouse chest piece:

post-1943-0-87168300-1330906179_thumb.jp

@ Mirymate: all the templates that I use come from Luke's decals at the Factory; I recommend just using them as your starting point and working from there, even if only to get the size right. Luke also made a more detailed template, which you can find here. Hope that helps; let me know if you're still having problems.

Actually, HP, that is exactly what I was looking for. many thanx.

(and thanks for the offer. may have bitten off more than I can chew, so I'm going to scale back to something easier than the idea I'm fighting with. trying to run before I walk and all)

Miry, if you want any advice, feel free to ask here or via PM. I'm certainly glad to share whatever meager wisdom I've got, and I'm sure our other decalers are as well. And be sure to explore the Factory; Luke has some amazing tools and tutorials there.

Any chance someone might be able to make another decal for a minimate, so that i dont need to sell my organs on the black market to pick one up off of ebay? A Gambit? Gambit and the Taskmaster are two of the 'mates that always seem to slip through my fingers at the last second...any help and I would be forever grateful.

Lots of great decals here, great work everyone. Thanks for starting this thread.

I've been having the issue recently of custom 'mates that have wrap-around graphics without something to cover up the sides and back. So, I did some experimenting thru trial and error and finally came up with a solution/template.

Here's my template for the 90's animated series Peter Parker:

post-3472-0-92961400-1331241775_thumb.pn

post-3472-0-75250400-1331241821_thumb.jp

Just need to paint the sleeves. Due to the pattern, I'd use just the teal color.

I just struggled thru x-men myself. Wow, those last seasons were bad. Was great up to the 20 part phoenix saga. Sheesh!

"trail went cold outside the house...got bit by a dog too"

-wolverine

Hey Guys, wanted to let you know I finished the Wonder Girl Custom. I didn't want to clog up this thread so see the link below for pics. Thanks Jboogie and Rheul! This is why i love this thread. Next up is red shirt Wonder Girl

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=9665&view=findpost&p=217939

Edited by Hawkeye's Junk