UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Decal Thread

hellpop

Sharing some decals I have, most are based on Luke's original work.

SHIELD Agent(Color matched to Angel body - print the arm logo on clear decal paper)

SHIELDChest.jpg

SHIELD_logo.jpg

First Appearance Dazzler

Dazzler.jpg

Dazzler-face.jpg

Moon-Boy

moonboy2.jpg

70's Black Tom Cassidy (Purple)

BlackTom-1.jpg

90's Black Tom Cassidy (infected)

BlackTomFace.jpg

Banshee/Siryn Cape (designed to fit Photon cape piece from Secret Wars boxset)

BansheeCape.jpg

I have some more, but they are on another PC at the moment.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well look who decided to share! Those are great, YB. We now have two sets of Dazzler decals to choose from! :thumbsup:

BTW, I dunno if you all know this, but I've been idexing all our decals on the first page as we go along. If anyone notices one I missed, or misspelled, or miscredited, or the link doesn't work, lemme know.

Edited by hellpop

Okay, so we've all seen the design sheets and stuff over at Iron Cow's site by now, right? If not, take a look, they're great. Anyway, I fooled around with the design sheet for Green Lantern and made a decal. So, for those of you looking for a Green Lantern without paying an insane price, here you go:

post-1943-0-69223100-1330555203_thumb.jp

I'll edit this to add the chest when I get that finished (unfortunately, it's a little tricky due to the size of the design sheets).

Hellpop what program are you using to resize the images?

Gimp. I'm cutting out the B&W design, then using the "color to Alpha" command Youbastards turned me on to to remove the white background. I then resize the B&w outline and create layers in each color I need, erasing the layers so that I have just what I want. Unfortunately, I've never been able to find a way to resize small images without loosing some of the detail. But this seems to work pretty well.

EDIT: here's the tutorial that explains the technique, more or less. :thumbsup:

Edited by hellpop

Looks good! my only suggestion would be to cut the belt off, and use that on the crotch piece. I made my own Plas a while ago, using Stilt-Man's head (with the goggles colored in with a sharpie) and these decals:

post-1943-0-07398100-1330561055_thumb.jppost-1943-0-93767200-1330561055_thumb.jp

I'll probably redo the chest with Iron Cow's... strings? Just what are those things on his shirt? :confused:

Gimp. I'm cutting out the B&W design, then using the "color to Alpha" command Youbastards turned me on to to remove the white background. I then resize the B&w outline and create layers in each color I need, erasing the layers so that I have just what I want. Unfortunately, I've never been able to find a way to resize small images without loosing some of the detail. But this seems to work pretty well.

I don't know anything about Gimp but there might be an easier way. I was just wondering if the resize tool in Photoshop would do the trick. I've been busy the last few days an haven't had a chance to play with that control art yet.

Mind posting a picture of what you're looking for, HJ?

Here ya go, she has a star that goes on her jeans and W belt buckle. I uploaded all of her current looks over the last couple years You guys are awesome! I got some decal paper today so it will be painting time soon!

post-134-0-50648200-1330571901_thumb.jpg

post-134-0-89925600-1330571911_thumb.jpg

post-134-0-60543700-1330572339_thumb.jpg

post-134-0-64794300-1330572369_thumb.jpg

Edited by Hawkeye's Junk

I don't know anything about Gimp but there might be an easier way. I was just wondering if the resize tool in Photoshop would do the trick. I've been busy the last few days an haven't had a chance to play with that control art yet.

Be very glad to see you try. I've never been quite able to get around the distortions that come with resizing an image, but I also don't use Photoshop, so maybe it would take care of the problem.

I didn't want to disrespect the mans control art, so I left plastic man as is.

post-2890-0-97407000-1330563527_thumb.jp

I also unblurred your GL decal and didn't cut the corners off his mask.

Fair enough. And thanks for the assist. :thumbsup:

Mind posting a picture of what you're looking for, HJ?

Here ya go, she has a star that goes on her jeans and W belt buckle. I uploaded all of her current looks over the last couple years You guys are awesome! I got some decal paper today so it will be painting time soon!

Hawk, take a look back at the bottom of page 3, I think JBoogie's got you covered.

Edited by hellpop

I'm not experienced at making decals, but can do the line art for some if anyone wants.

Also a few people mentioned they would like to turn a few of my design into decals, which I'm not against if anyone would be kind enough, especially these two :P

borg_queen_minimate_by_lord_liney-d4rlvhv.jpg

jocasta_coloured_1_by_lord_liney-d4ilbct.jpg

Im sorry if I have put this in the wrong place.

Edited by Liney

post-2890-0-52698400-1330804701_thumb.jppost-2890-0-20783800-1330805504_thumb.jppost-2890-0-20783800-1330805504_thumb.jppost-2890-0-16991600-1330804716_thumb.jppost-2890-0-16924300-1330804724_thumb.jp

post-2890-0-94178200-1330825637_thumb.jp

Let me know if I need to adjust anything .

Edited by jboogie

I used Liney's kick ass Jocosta art work to make some decals. I didnt try them yet but I think the res held up during resizing. For the head piece I think Val from the Defenders set would be a good base. I was going to take on Plastic Man too but you guys did such a great job, I'll just use one of yours.

post-679-0-51449000-1330820438_thumb.jpg

I hear ya Jboogie, I got some new decal paper this week too and plan on painting tomorrow. Thanks for the decals.