Walking Dead Minimates!

funkguerilla

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zack,

Can you comment as to if the zombies shown are more or less production colors? Or are we going to see some differences to the drab grey, maybe even some translucent/clear pieces al a Marvel Zombies?

Thanks!

Like I was saying ...somewhere...Marvel Zombies Minimates were a pretty spectacular line & one that is very unlikely to be repeated . For those of you who haven't got them perhaps won't realise that Spidey,DD,Luke have clear moulded torsos which are painted to give an absolutely stunning flesh-eaten effect. Cap's head is perhaps the most intricate piece ever made in the entire Minimate line....that's my opinion ... apart from the fact that it is nigh on impossible to remove from his body...ironic really. Whilst I'm on my roll about Marvel Zombies Minimates....which are surely relevant in this thread...there are certain subtleties that 'less-anal than me' members might have missed . The most fascinating thing that I've discovered only recently is that some of the zombie heroes have tampos on the underside of their heads . Pose any of these uniquely painted figures in the statutory zombie-like tilted head position & you are greeted with.....wait for it, wait for it.....paintwork :ohmy: Now that is unusual,I wanted to say 'unique' but I'm confident that some, if not all, of my illustrious fellow-members will maybe point me to others. Whether it is unique or not it works really well & somebody in that great DST design team should get a commendation .

I'll conclude by saying that Marvel Zombies Minimates ought be an inspiration for future zombie releases,I'm not saying the recent WD Minimates aren't good because they are good.....I'm just hoping as always for greatness .

P.S. I am really interested (without a thread derail)in knowing what other Minimate characters have the underside of their heads painted ?

I agree that, unlike Marvel Zombies and Maximum Zombies, the main draw for this line is the Humans. They're the main characters in the books, they're the focus. The Zombies in the book are simply a plot device, an afterthought, minor background props. And it really shows through in the Minimates. The zombies are bland and uninspired. (Again, Zach, not your fault. You only have source material to work off of). I Can only think of 4 Zombies that stick out as even semi important. The cyclist chick in the first issue, Michone's boyfriend and father, and the Governor's daughter. And even then, neither of those 4 are extremely interesting (Though Michone's pair comes close)

I've said this before, but again, I would like to encourage Zach and DST that when this line is wrapping up (wave 3 or 4) to have Maximum Zombies on the shelf at the same time, or at least weeks after. Capitalize on the popularity and just ride the wave for a few waves.

Cowabunga.

It is sad but true. I'm certainly getting most of the WD mates, but the zombies themselves are really underwhelming. Didn't think there would ever be minimate zombies I was in no hurry to get my hands on.

Those MAX ones really do need to raise from their respective graves. Lament.

I'm hoping my comments are seen as constructive because I have high hopes for this line. I've not seen the comics & my interest in the TV show has waned but the actual concept of being able to customise virtually every minimate in my collection into its zombie-counterpart just makes me smile :biggrin: I 'm sure these will do just fine once we get going.

Having a little swarm in hand will still indeed feel pretty wonderful. Maybe I'd be a little more excited about these zombies if we saw a group or 'heard' shot... much like how those max mates were displayed

Having a little swarm in hand will still indeed feel pretty wonderful. Maybe I'd be a little more excited about these zombies if we saw a group or 'heard' shot... much like how those max mates were displayed

Exactly. This is where i'm confident. Alone they're okay but together it'll be pretty horrifying.

I mean, if they showed you a Zombie Clown with Rick, would that look any better? It'd be rather ridiculous. But we've had this discussion before.

I may be alone in this, but I rather like the WD zombies as they are, individually and as a group. The Marvel and MAX zombies look neat and were/would have been a lot of fun, but to me they were also a bit over the top. The WD zombies may be more muted and subdued, but that's more up my alley. I love the look of what we've seen so far and can't wait to get my hands on them.

Edited by Turtle

I may be alone in this, but I rather like the WD zombies as they are, individually and as a group. The Marvel and MAX zombies look neat and were/would have been a lot of fun, but to me they were also a bit over the top. The WD zombies may be more muted and subdued, but that's more up my alley. I love the look of what we've seen so far and can't wait to get my hands on them.

,+1

You're not the only one!

,+1

You're not the only one!

+2 absolutely

,+1

You're not the only one!

+2 absolutely

+3 :thumbsup:

,+1

You're not the only one!

+2 absolutely

+3 :thumbsup:

+4 :D

+5 :thumbsup:

+6. These zombies will look amazing in hand and when they are posed in cool set ups. I just know all the shutter bugs here at the MMMV will be posting their graveyard, morgue and deserted city pics with the throngs of rotting 2" zombies. :biggrin:

Edited by MINI_MYTE

I think the WD Zombies are going to be fine, especially in hordes, but I also really liked the unique over the top designs of the Max line. I really hope the Max line comes out at some point because I think they'll all look great together. Also, one of the first things I thought of after seeing the Max Zombies was taking a spare of that Sheriff one and making a Rick type of survivor. Now I won't have to make one :)

I do agree that these zombies are far more 'appropriate' in terms of actually fitting in with survivors, civilians, etc. and I certainly like the fact they're specific ones from the comic... a nice touch.

the MAX versions just happened to opitimise what originally sold me on minimates; bold, bright and a healthy blend of simplicity and unique parts. Every one had character and seemed to stand out. They were fun, basically.

I am very happy to be able to get WD minimates, but yeah, I too hope the MAX guys can follow on when we run out of raincoat or different hat variants.